Celebrity classic drink package

Andie 49

We just signed up for an Alaska cruise with some great perks. One of which is the classic drink pkg. My TA told me if you order a drink.. say a beer over the 6 dollar limit you pay the full amount of the beer and not the difference. Say 7 dollar bill you pay 7 dollars not 1 dollar. I forget to ask if there is a daily limit on drinks.. alcoholic or non alcoholic?

Lol. Not planning to overdrink. Our one and only cruise we did not have a package and spent just over 300 dollars for two of us but I  think with the packages we will indulge a bit more. I heard there was no  diet kind of pops included? We may bring a few tins with us like others have advised.

Thanks for the info.  

20 minutes ago, barbette165 said:

There is, as a minimum, Diet Coke and Coke Zero - also Sprite Zero I think, but others would need to confirm that.

You are correct--Diet Coke, Coke Zero and Sprite Zero (at least on Equinox and Summit when we sailed in June and November).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, barbette165 said:

The limit has increased to $9.

Plus there is no delay limit (either in terms on number of drinks or total value of drinks) - providing you're not totally incapable.

I am very sorry to sound ignorant but I'm so confused with the drink packages.  We have been given as part of our cruise a 'Classic Drink Package' and I thought certain drinks were part of the package but after reading so many posts my confusion has taken over my usually sound brain.  I am hoping you can help me, for example you are allowed to order a beer as part of your package and that allowance is $9, if you order a beer for is $10 then you pay the just $1 plus a gratuity.  Do you pay a gratuity even if you choose a beer that is $9?  It's very confusion and any help would be appreciated.  Julie

14 minutes ago, MUFC 1963 said:

I am very sorry to sound ignorant but I'm so confused with the drink packages.  We have been given as part of our cruise a 'Classic Drink Package' and I thought certain drinks were part of the package but after reading so many posts my confusion has taken over my usually sound brain.  I am hoping you can help me, for example you are allowed to order a beer as part of your package and that allowance is $9, if you order a beer for is $10 then you pay the just $1 plus a gratuity.  Do you pay a gratuity even if you choose a beer that is $9?  It's very confusion and any help would be appreciated.  Julie

Certain brands are part of the classic package:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Cruises-Beverage-Packages.pdf

If you order a brand not included in the package, you'll pay the difference above $9, plus the 20% gratuity.  To be honest, I'm not sure how it works if, say, you ordered a Blue Moon beer, which is in the premium package.  I'd be surprised if it's over $9, but as it's not included in the classic package, I'm not sure what you'd be charged.  Hopefully someone with experience on that can chime in.

Just now, Andy49 said:

I am in the same boat but what I am hearing on here is that you pay the diffeence and think the gratuity is included in the package. Maybe you would pay a small percentage over but someone else on here would know.

If you have the classic package and order a $12 drink, you'll pay $3 plus the 20% on the $3, for a total of $3.60.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Certain brands are part of the classic package:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/Celebrity-Cruises-Beverage-Packages.pdf

If you order a brand not included in the package, you'll pay the difference above $9, plus the 20% gratuity.  To be honest, I'm not sure how it works if, say, you ordered a Blue Moon beer, which is in the premium package.  I'd be surprised if it's over $9, but as it's not included in the classic package, I'm not sure what you'd be charged.  Hopefully someone with experience on that can chime in.

That is really helpful. I have the classic and DH the premium. Good to know what’s what. Thanks for the info. 

Hiccups - if a beer is shown as being in the Premium Package but not in the Classic, then the price will be above $9. As an example, the price of Stella Artois is $10.

So if you had the classic package you would pay $1 plus 20c for the gratuity = $1.20 in total.

Is Stella was all that you were drinking, then the break even point between buying the upgrade at $10 per day plus $2 gratuity is 10 drinks per day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, barbette165 said:

Hiccups - if a beer is shown as being in the Premium Package but not in the Classic, then the price will be above $9. As an example, the price of Stella Artois is $10.

So if you had the classic package you would pay $1 plus 20c for the gratuity = $1.20 in total.

Is Stella was all that you were drinking, then the break even point between buying the upgrade at $10 per day plus $2 gratuity is 10 drinks per day.

I should have assumed they were over $9... ship prices instead of bar prices  🙂  Plus I don't drink beer!  LOL.

7 minutes ago, barbette165 said:

If you are drinking 10 Stella's a day, the price is the least of your problems!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MUFC 1963 said:

Classic package ~  If you order a drink or  a beer $9 or under it is free and gratuity is already included.  If you order a drink over $9 you will pay the extra,  plus .20 cents per dollar.... so $1.20, 2.40, 3.60, 4.80 etc. per drink.   You will know, because you have to sign for these overages.

Premium package ~  Same deal, except that if you order a drink or a beer under $15, it is free and gratuity is already included.   Same charges as above if you order something over $15.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Helpful information above.

We have a (I presume classic) package as a “perk”. Should that show up on the cruise planner does anyone know as at the moment it does not.

No,  it will not show up.   If you print your Express pass within roughly 30 days of sailing it should say CALL or PALL  (classic or premium) on it.   

• Like 1

Just now, micheleata said:

No,  it will not show up.   If you print your Express pass within roughly 30 days of sailing it should say CALL or PALL  (classic or premium) on it.   

Thanks for the prompt reply. We were thinking about upgrading but as I can’t see the package (which I know now is fine thanks to you) I presume I can’t upgrade until we are onboard?

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for the prompt reply. We were thinking about upgrading but as I can’t see the package (which I know now is fine thanks to you) I presume I can’t upgrade until we are onboard?

You can upgrade before in under 'excursions', beverages packages.  I would check every day for a sale, and book it then.   The normal price, online or onboard, is $10.00 per day plus $2 for gratuities, so $12 per day.  You might have to call if you don't see the upgrade option in your planner.   

Or you can wait until you are on board.   At least 20 people will ask  you if you are interested in upgrading the first day.   

Personally we find the Classic package has plenty to choose from.   You can check it out the first day and see if you need to upgrade or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

To upgrade when the package doesn’t show in the Cruise Planner you can call Celebrity and upgrade.  Other options are to wait until the package shows in the  Cruise Planner normally after final payment up until a few weeks before sailing and then upgrade online 

or upgrade on the ship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, micheleata said:

You can upgrade before in under 'excursions', beverages packages.  I would check every day for a sale, and book it then.   The normal price, online or onboard, is $10.00 per day plus $2 for gratuities, so $12 per day.  You might have to call if you don't see the upgrade option in your planner.   

Or you can wait until you are on board.   At least 20 people will ask  you if you are interested in upgrading the first day.   

Personally we find the Classic package has plenty to choose from.   You can check it out the first day and see if you need to upgrade or not.

Many thanks for your help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, micheleata said:

I called and asked, and they added it to my cruise planner. I can see the upgrade options now. 

• Like 1