Freedom AMP- new livery?

kruzerci

7 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

While the new blue paint on Voyager's topsides would cost around $50-70/gallon, the bottom paint is around $300-400/gallon.

Thank you for your insight. How many coats do they do? Two or more?

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you for your insight. How many coats do they do? Two or more?

If they blast down to bare steel, it would be two coats of anti-corrosive (primer) and then two coats of top coat.  Many times they will, like I say, they will blast off the top coat and just recoat once.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No idea why RCI feels the need to mess with their classy looking all white ships. That is an ugly blue. Also if you look at ships from the past that had non-white hulls, the white of the superstructure was carried down to  part of the hull and out to the bow.  I think it ties things together better. It looks better that way, in my opinion. This monstrosity has an entirely blue bow and hull. Voyager looks to me like the superstructure of one ship was placed on top of the hull of another ship. Maybe while they are at it they could add a nice pair of lips to the bow like the Aida ships.

I think the blue hull works better for Oasis because of its shape where the superstructure overhangs the hull. It already looks like the superstructure was lowered down onto a barge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

No idea why RCI feels the need to mess with their classy looking all white ships. That is an ugly blue. Also if you look at ships from the past that had non-white hulls, the white of the superstructure was carried down to  part of the hull and out to the bow.  I think it ties things together better. It looks better that way, in my opinion. This monstrosity has an entirely blue bow and hull. Voyager looks to me like the superstructure of one ship was placed on top of the hull of another ship. Maybe while they are at it they could add a nice pair of lips to the bow like the Aida ships.

I think the blue hull works better for Oasis because of its shape where the superstructure overhangs the hull. It already looks like the superstructure was lowered down onto a barge.

Harmony has a blue bow, and the blue goes all the way to the lifeboats

949036722_IMG_5462edited.thumb.JPG.5905a127c0167a8df612bf1a9518aca4.JPG

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think the old color scheme is much more appealing.

It reminds me a lot of the original livery of the Millennium Class.  If you had told me this new one was just a small tweak of the original, I'd believe you.  You can also still see some of that old livery through the paint when you get up close

Millennium,%202000%20.jpg

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree. Either way I'm not too worried about the color change as my view will be mostly from the inside looking out.

That is mainly the view that I have of my home, too. But I still like for it to look nice from the street.

• Like 2