NOLA disembarkation

grimpil

First time cruising out of NOLA so staying for a few days after our cruise. Looking at booking walking tour for 1030 the morning of disembarkation as our hotel room may not be ready. I recall reading something about delays related to river traffic and fog (i could be mixing it up with galveston). According to itinerary it says we arrive at 0800, what are your experiences with arrival times or delays, thanks

21 hours ago, grimpil said:

First time cruising out of NOLA so staying for a few days after our cruise. Looking at booking walking tour for 1030 the morning of disembarkation as our hotel room may not be ready. I recall reading something about delays related to river traffic and fog (i could be mixing it up with galveston). According to itinerary it says we arrive at 0800, what are your experiences with arrival times or delays, thanks

We have cruised out of NOLA quite a few times, we have never been delayed getting into port and are usually docked long before we wake up.  We typically do the self walk-off and are to our car by 8:30am and on the road.  I think you will have plenty of time to make your 1030 tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

We walked out to the street for a taxi and there was a bunch of taxis stuck in a line.  We noticed a cab driver in the street and asked if we could get a ride.  We jumped in his taxi and he maneuvered around the traffic jam and we were on our way to the airport.  Sometimes walking a little further pays off.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 9:09 AM, dthogue said:

do you think  could make an 11:30 flight ok?

I had an 11:25 flight and was off the ship at 8:30, and through security at the airport by 9:20....there was literally no one in line but me, of course that was a lucky break but even if there was a line I was still there 2 hours early.  

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

does anyone know what the earliest is that you can debark?  We carry our own luggage.  We want to rent a vehicle and leisurely drive home and need to figure out a pick up time.  Also what rent-a-car places are closest to the port? thanks

*** EDIT   - ok I just saw above someone have been off the boat by 8:30.  Any rent-a-car recommendations near?

Edited by CruzCra-Z