Carnival Sunshine MDR Menus

teach2cruise86

The menu's are the same fleet wide meaning that day one on any 5 night cruise has the same menu regardless of which ship you are on. The only difference would be which night is your elegant night so they days may be switched up a little. I would just search by 5 night menu.

• Thanks 1

I found some 5-night menu scans on my computer.  I found them online somewhere, so I can't fully attest to the accuracy.  I'm pretty sure they are close to the 5-night menu being used right now.  I found them when doing research for a 5-night last November.  I didn't end up eating in the MDR to verify these because I got a cold early on and didn't feel like sitting for a 1-2 hour dinner.  I'll do 5 posts.  Starting with night 1.  And I apologize if anything is missing.  I'm just posting what I have.  They don't appear to have the specific port of call portion of the menu, so there will be some variation depending on the ship/sailing.

Night1_1.png

Night1_2.png

Night1_3.png

Edited by j1d1
  • Thanks 1

Night 5.  My wife and I love the Grilled Beef Tenderloin on the From the Grill portion of the menu.  I rarely hear it mentioned as a favorite but is probably the best thing I've eaten on any cruise including specialty dining.

Night5_1.png

Night5_2.png

Night5_3.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks! Could you do a PDF that I could download?

Here is a list from a source I found online:

Main Restaurants
Guests dining in our two restaurants will enjoy sit-down service. In addition to the menus below, menus for children are available as well.
Breakfast Menu
· Everyday Breakfast Menu – menu offered daily on port days
· Everyday Brunch Menu - menu offered daily on sea day
Lunch Menu (on cruise durations, 9 days or longer; may alternate with sea day brunch)
· Starters, main entrees including a ‘vegetarian’ selection and dessert selections
Dinner Menu
· Starters including soups and salads, main entrees including a ‘comfort food’ and ‘vegetarian’ selection and dessert selections. In addition, each evening the menu will include popular Carnival selections as well as Steakhouse selections.
Good Eats and Late Night Snacks
Good Eats, located in the Lido Restaurant is a dinnertime alternative to the ship's main dining rooms. The attire is casual and the meals are served buffet-style. The restaurant operates from 6:00pm-9:30pm nightly and offers an array of pastas, steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, specialty salads and desserts along with a daily Chef's Special. From 11:30pm-1:00am, light snacks are served.
Bonsai Sushi
Lunch and Dinner Menu
This full-service sushi restaurant offers a wide variety of Asian-inspired delicacies, including a number of varieties of sushi, sashimi and rolls along with bento boxes and the venue’s own interpretation of a sushi boat – with prices ranging from $1 for appetizer-sized portions to $15 for a sushi ship for two.
Ji Ji Asian
Dinner Menu
Ji Ji Asian features complimentary stir-fry favorites for lunch, and in the evening a full-service, menu featuring a mix of exotic and familiar dishes designed to challenge and delight your senses including soups, appetizers, noodle and rice dishes, as well as seafood and meat delicacies. There is a nominal $15 fee per adult and $5 fee per, child 11 and under (when ordering from the Kids’ menu). The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through bar service. For dinner, reservations are recommended and can be requested prior to your cruise on Carnival.com by accessing ‘My Cruise Manager’. Reservations can also be made on board and walk-ins are welcome, space permitting.
Havana Bar Ships: Sunshine The Havana Bar is open daily for breakfast and lunch, featuring complimentary light Cuban fare such as pastelitos and croquetas. Cuban beverages are available for purchase during the day and nightly when the Havana Bar is transported into a Cuban night club.
The Steakhouse
Dinner Menu
With an elegant, but fun-filled, relaxed and somewhat casual atmosphere and a menu that includes steakhouse favorites, the Steakhouse is guaranteed to be a favorite dining spot. There is a nominal $38 fee per adult and $12 fee per child 11 and under (when ordering from the Kids’ menu). The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through bar service. For dinner, reservations are recommended and can be requested prior to your cruise on Carnival.com by accessing ‘My Cruise Manager’. Reservations can also be made on board and walk-ins are welcome, space permitting.
Pizzeria del Capitano
24/7 Menu
The Pizzeria located aft on Lido Deck, is open 24 hours a day. The menu includes complimentary Caesar salads and a variety of oven-baked pizzas.
The Captain’s Pasta Bar
Captain’s Pasta Bar Lunch Menu
A delicious lunch time option, with a complimentary, made-to-order Italian pasta bar.
Cucina del Capitano
Dinner Menu
A delicious dinner time option with made-to-order Italian favorites in comfortable, relaxed surroundings. There is a nominal $15 fee per adult and $5 fee per child 11 and under (when ordering from the Kids’ menu). The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through bar service. For dinner, reservations are recommended and can be requested prior to your cruise on Carnival.com by accessing ‘My Cruise Manager’. Reservations can also be made on board and walk-ins are welcome, space permitting. The restaurant is also open for lunch with a complimentary made-to-order pasta bar.
The Carnival Deli
Lunch and Dinner Menu
Hot and cold deli sandwiches piled-high and don’t forget the Kosher pickles. Open 11:00am-11:00pm daily.
BlueIguana Cantina
Breakfast Menu and Lunch Menu
Carnival is expanding on its wide array of dining options with an exciting new venue, the BlueIguana Cantina. This complimentary poolside dining destination, open for breakfast and lunch, offers guests freshly made burritos (breakfast burritos in the morning) and tacos on homemade tortillas they can make their own with a variety of salsas and toppings. Hungry guests can also watch the tortilla maker create fresh wheat and jalapeño tortillas, then enjoy three types of tacos with a variety of toppings, and three kinds of burritos with fantastic fillings, plus chips and salsa.
Guy’s Burger Joint
Menu
At Guy’s Burger Joint, Carnival and successful restaurateur, cookbook author and television star Guy Fieri have come together to cook up the best burgers at sea, and best of all, they are free! Guests have a choice of delicious fresh-off-the-grill burgers designed by Fieri, or they can make their own at a condiment bar by adding a variety of tasty toppings. Burgers are complemented by hand-cut fries. For lunch, a snack or early dinner, guests can drop by this laid-back poolside dining venue modeled after a road-side burger joint off an iconic coastal highway.
Dr. Seuss Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast
Brunch Menu
This special breakfast will take place one time each cruise in the main dining room at a nominal cost of $5 per guest. Bright colors and patterns decorate the dining room and wait staff set the tone with Dr. Seuss-inspired uniforms. The unique menu includes ‘Green Eggs and Ham’, brightly colored fruit, gravity-defying pancake stacks, funky French toast, ‘Moose Juice’ ‘n’ ‘Goose Juice’… and much more. Classic breakfast offerings are available as well. Popular Dr. Seuss characters such as the Cat in the Hat, Thing One and Thing Two and Sam will join guests for fun interactions and one-of-a-kind photo opportunities.
The Chef’s Table
This one-of-a-kind culinary experience includes an exquisite multi-course dinner hosted by one of the line’s master chefs along with a private reception and a personalized tour of the galley. With The Chef’s Table, a select group of 12-16 guests enjoy champagne and hors d’ouevres hosted by the ship’s chef de cuisine. The chef then takes the group on a personalized tour to see the galley in operation, providing participants with a unique perspective on Carnival’s extensive food and beverage operations. The evening concludes with a sumptuous full-service dinner with delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts created by the line’s master chefs. Depending on the vessel, the meal takes place in non-traditional dining venues throughout the ship – the galley, library, conference center, etc. On the Carnival Horizon, Carnival Panorama and Carnival Vista, there is a dedicated dining room for Chef’s Table with window views into the galley.
There is a cover charge of $75 per person ($95 per person on the Breeze, Dream, Magic Panorama, Radiance, Sunrise and Vista). An automatic 18% gratuity will be added to the cover charge. The cover charge does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through bar service. For dinner, reservations are recommended and can be requested prior to your cruise on Carnival.com by accessing ‘My Cruise Manager’. Reservations can also be made onboard at the Guest Services Desk, space permitting. Children must be at least 12 years of age to participate. Note: Very limited number of guests may participate!
Ocean Plaza Café
A European-style café, featuring specialty coffees and teas, ice cream treats and fabulous pastries for a nominal cost: Specialty Coffee ($1.75-$4.50); Specialty Tea ($1.95); Ice Cream Delights ($2.75-$3.50); Pastries and Cookies ($1.00-$2.00); Milk Shakes ($3.95).
JavaBlue Cafe
Drink Menu and Dessert Menu
The JavaBlue Café, features fun twists on hot and cold drinks as well as sweet, baked treats for a nominal cost: Beverages ($1.95-$5.75) and Sweets ($1.00-$1.95).
Shake Spot
Menu
The Shake Spot features a variety of tempting, handcrafted shakes and indulgent floats, including those of the spiked-variety for a nominal cost: Milkshakes and Floats ($3.95) and Spiked Milkshakes and Floats ($7.75).
Cherry on Top
A well-stocked candy-and-more-store; in addition, premium ice cream, made to order is available on the Horizon, Panorama and Vista, all for a nominal cost.
Swirls
Complimentary self-serve soft Ice cream and Frozen Yogurt (chocolate, vanilla and strawberry), available 24/7 in the Lido Restaurant or poolside area.
Lido Deck Restaurant - 24/7 Complimentary Beverages
The following beverages are available in the Lido Deck Restaurant, 24/7 and are complimentary: Coffee, Hot Tea, Hot Chocolate, Lemonade and Unsweetened Iced Tea.
Tea Time
Complimentary tea, cookies and pastries served in the dining room or lounge in the late afternoon.
Room Service
Room Service is available 24 hours a day with a selection of sandwiches, salads, specialty items, desserts and beverages. Food items range from $2 to $5 each and beverages at regular bar menu prices. A continental breakfast menu is available each morning, 5:00am to 10:00am (excluding the last day of the cruise). Most items are complimentary with the exception of a selection of breakfast sandwich items for a nominal fee.

None of those menus have any options to purchase upgraded steaks or lobster from the steakhouse.  Does sunshine have a steakhouse?  I'm thinking they are outdated but someone let us know.  thanks.

3 minutes ago, jdemps said:

None of those menus have any options to purchase upgraded steaks or lobster from the steakhouse.  Does sunshine have a steakhouse?  I'm thinking they are outdated but someone let us know.  thanks.

Those are NOT the specific Sunshine menus.  They are the "generic" Carnival 5-night cruise menus.  They are also lacking the Port of Call section that has items specific to that day's port.  I posted them as an example and am pretty sure they are still mostly accurate based on my memory of a 5-night cruise on the Valor a couple months ago.  These are the basic starting point for a Carnival 5-night cruise across the fleet as far as I know.  There is certainly some variation based on ship and sailing.  I don't think not having the section regarding upcharge steak/seafood immediately invalidates them.  And the Sunshine does have a Steakhouse on the ship.

Here is a video showing the 5-night menus from the Valor a few months ago.  The core of each menu is the same as the ones that I posted.  There is another page each night (except formal night) with the Port of Call selections and Steakhouse Selections that is unique to that particular ship/sailing.  I have not yet found one specific to the Sunshine, but I would expect the vast majority of the Sunshine 5-night menu to be the same as those posted.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdemps said:

I can confirm that the menus posted by j1d1 are the main menus, in day order, for the Sunshine. There are four upcharge items available every night as well for $20 each.

We only ate in the MDR twice because it just wasn't appealing.  I

HIGHLY recommend eating at JiJi at least once, it was wonderful. 

Edited by palmettostatecruiser
  • Like 1