Carnival sister lines VIP reciprocity?

Janman

Does Carnival have a loyalty reciprocity program between it’s sister companies where you get the highest level benefits from the line you have cruised the most ( like between RCCL, Celebrity and Azamara)? I am going on my 3rd Carnival cruise but have cruised more times on Princess and Holland America.

1 hour ago, Janman said:

Does Carnival have a loyalty reciprocity program between it’s sister companies where you get the highest level benefits from the line you have cruised the most ( like between RCCL, Celebrity and Azamara)? I am going on my 3rd Carnival cruise but have cruised more times on Princess and Holland America.

No they do not. Not all your loyalty points on Royal are passed on to there other lines. Moving up on Royal and we did not move up on Celebrity. I called and that is what we were told.

Carnival has tried to assimilate their loyalty programs.  Ten years ago, they brought in a loyalty guru and highly recognized individual who tried for over five years to make the plans at least tiered or staged but failed.  There simply are way to many components in the 8 lines that fall under the Carnival umbrella, both in terms of attainment and levels.  I have given up hope that there ever will be one program.  

3 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

BTW. MSC honors all other cruise line points. The have a list of what you are and what you will be on MSC. You must file with them for that. Diamond on Carnival takes you to one from the top on MSC.

My understanding in reading posts here are that this recognition by MSC is no longer in place.  Can you share the link that says it is in pace?  Thanks

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

My understanding in reading posts here are that this recognition by MSC is no longer in place.  Can you share the link that says it is in pace?  Thanks

Just went to there web site. Not long ago I filled out the form on their site. With Carnival we are Diamond. A few days later I received an email telling me it was accepted and that I am GOLD. There are 4 levels. The top one is Black and I am one below that. So we are on Voyager Club level 3 GOLD. Do not know about filling it out today or if it is still available. Even Gold does not off that much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, twodaywonder said:

Just went to there web site. Not long ago I filled out the form on their site. With Carnival we are Diamond. A few days later I received an email telling me it was accepted and that I am GOLD. There are 4 levels. The top one is Black and I am one below that. So we are on Voyager Club level 3 GOLD. Do not know about filling it out today or if it is still available. Even Gold does not off that much.

What do you have to do to maintain the level?

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

What do you have to do to maintain the level?

Just got this off of there web site. 

Yes! Our Status Match program allows you to earn points before sailing! MSC Cruises is so confident that you will love a cruise with us that we're matching your points from other cruise lines, hotels and more! To learn more about our Status Match program and how you can receive cruise discounts, perks and more, click here: Status Match Program

I think you must take an MSC cruise at least ones every 3 years. it is no difference if you earned the points only cruising with them. Same rule applies.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

They have changed the top level to Diamond now (formerly Black). I became Diamond on RCI before Carnival, so I used that for match status. Will be sailing 2 cruises on MSC as a Diamond in October (in Europe), before my 2 Legend cruises.

Great shame that Carnival Corp. doesn't do this

because the other 3 non-Carnival cruises I've done

were on Caribbean Princess

and on Ocean Village Cruises (now defunct)

but it was a genuine part of the Carnival Corp. fleet.

In fact, I've never cruised on a non-Carnival-Corp. ship!!

How that for loyalty!

And by the way, thousands of Brits

were badly dismayed when Carnival killed-off Ocean Village!!

OVH-32.jpg

OV2-175.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Great shame that Carnival Corp. doesn't do this

Well, maybe. But maybe not too. One might assume Carnival wouldn't want the percentage of their passengers who qualify for Diamond, Platinum, etc., to increase. That would be an added expense to provide perks to more passengers. So it's probably fair to guess they'd have to increase the number of points required to reach each VIFP level to keep the percentages of passengers in each level consistent if they honored sister brands cruises.

This might benefit passengers that have bounced around between the Carnival Corporation brands a lot, because they might gain enough points to more than offset the increase in the points required to reach each VIFP level. But passengers who cruise mostly or exclusively on the Carnival line might lose ground.

• Like 1

I think this is a huge miss on Carnival's part. I get a few of the obstacles, but it's not impossible to give something if you hop to one of their other lines. People want choice. If done right, this could add some growth to their premium lines like Princess and HAL. Royal does this with Celebrity, and it absolutely entices more people to try Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

I think this is a huge miss on Carnival's part. I get a few of the obstacles, but it's not impossible to give something if you hop to one of their other lines. People want choice. If done right, this could add some growth to their premium lines like Princess and HAL. Royal does this with Celebrity, and it absolutely entices more people to try Celebrity.

Totally agree that Carnival Corporation is missing an opportunity.  When we retired several years ago and had more time to cruise, we decided to try other lines since we had sailed almost all of the Carnival Ships and itineraries.  We would have gone to HAL or Princess if there had been some reciprocity, but decided to go with RCI instead since points earned on RCCL gain you equivalent status on Celebrity.  We still frequently sail on CCL, because they have the most friendly staff and crew, and we enjoy the engagement with them.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 7:04 PM, crzndeb said:

They have changed the top level to Diamond now (formerly Black). I became Diamond on RCI before Carnival, so I used that for match status. Will be sailing 2 cruises on MSC as a Diamond in October (in Europe), before my 2 Legend cruises.

It is called diamond but the card is black.

We sailed on Msc two years ago----Diamond in Carnival, given top status (at that point black) in MSC. Weren't impressed by a variety of thigs, although the shows were great. Gave it another try last autumn, again top status----but same story so we don't contemplate another MSC cruise. We were told that we would need to cruise every three years to maintain status. Nice ships though, this hallway is similar to Fremont St in Vegas.

125.jpg

Edited by chocolate melting cake

reciprocity would be nice on Carnival corp owned lines, but would not affect me at all.  Even though I started cruising with Carnival in 2000, I am still at lowly gold level, and that after eight cruises with them.  For me I love cruising, but also love other types of travel, and land based trips, as well as the cost  of a cruise for me , solo, plus air fare is quite hefty, so I find other types of travel more cost friendly.  All said, as far as rewards go, especially with Carnival, even if they opened it up to be of use with their other lines, it would not matter to me, because I have already decided that if and when I cruise again, it will be likely be with Celebrity or MSC.  Just where I am right now.  Of course things can change, as well as my plans LOL. But that is how I feel at this time.

On 1/31/2020 at 3:06 PM, jimbo5544 said:

Carnival has tried to assimilate their loyalty programs.  Ten years ago, they brought in a loyalty guru and highly recognized individual who tried for over five years to make the plans at least tiered or staged but failed.  There simply are way to many components in the 8 lines that fall under the Carnival umbrella, both in terms of attainment and levels.  I have given up hope that there ever will be one program.  

I agree . . . just too many cruise lines to make something like that workable. A shame too, as I would like to cruise Princess more and probably will anyway. MSC can get away with it because they're still struggling to become a player, so to speak. Let Carnival's P&Ds start flooding their ships and they'll change their tune fast or raise their prices to cover it (and those that rely on perks to select a cruise won't even notice it). 🙂

Edited by glrounds

1 hour ago, twodaywonder said:

It is called diamond but the card is black.

This will be great. I have no black cards in anything(a reference to AE...LOL) . Since I have 2 MSC cruises in Oct., I get 2. I’m all about the ports.

Edited by crzndeb

12 hours ago, Joebucks said:

I was lucky enough to get 4 Sitmar cruises added to Princess, along with 2 Princess cruises in early 2000’s making me Platinum. Unfortunately as a solo cruiser now, Princess is usually beyond my price range, so Princess is usually my last choice for a cruise line.

2 hours ago, glrounds said:

I agree . . . just too many cruise lines to make something like that workable. A shame too, as I would like to cruise Princess more and probably will anyway. MSC can get away with it because they're still struggling to become a player, so to speak. Let Carnival's P&Ds start flooding their ships and they'll change their tune fast or raise their prices to cover it (and those that rely on perks to select a cruise won't even notice it). 🙂

When I was on the Splendor naming ceremony 10 years ago, we had dinner with a Carnival big wig, he told me about Jim Hanna (the guy they brought on board to straighten out the loyalty program --- and who now works for Royal).  He was so very excited about what he thought they were on the verge of doing with the loyalty program.  While it might not be so evident, the effort was substantial and it was looked at from many angles.  

There always was a plan for cruisers of the 9 lines to go back and forth (maybe not the same version you describe).  In a perfect world, it would be a great thing for me to enjoy the equivalent loyalty and level on a Cunard, Princess or any other of their lines but still sail on the brand we enjoy the most....Carnival.  Alas, it is not that way, and things will have to be fine just as they are now.