Adventure ocean on Oasis

We will be on Oasis in May. We will have our 6 year old granddaughter with us. I understand along with the physical changes to AO they have also changed the age groups. 3-5, 6 - 12.  My concern is, that is a big age range for the age group she will be in.  For people who have  younger kids(6-9 years old), how did the kids do? Were there any activities that were more suited to younger kids? My granddaughter loved going to AO in the past, I hope she still enjoys it.

My 9 yr old is still on the ‘younger’ side but did fine in the age group change. She is easy and can do fine with either but she loves the younger kids (most likely due to younger cousins) so to me it’s a non issue. They find ways to get them all included and the younger kids always find their ways to hang together. I wouldn’t worry! 

11 hours ago, jsacco20 said:

My 9 yr old is still on the ‘younger’ side but did fine in the age group change. She is easy and can do fine with either but she loves the younger kids (most likely due to younger cousins) so to me it’s a non issue. They find ways to get them all included and the younger kids always find their ways to hang together. I wouldn’t worry! 

ok, Thanks. That sounds good to me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1992cruiser said:

My daughter will turn 6 two weeks prior to our cruise. My other daughter will be 4. Does anyone know if they will allow a 6 year old to drop down to the 3-5’s?  

They will be fine either way, but would prefer them together. 

The only time they allow other ages into a different group is if there aren’t many kids onboard and they end up combining everyone. They will most likely be in the same ‘area’ but doing a different activity. They are usually really good about grabbing a sibling if one of them gets upset or just needs to see a familiar face 🙂

Edited by jsacco20

My concern with the new age groups is that 12 year olds are at such a different place in their lives than a 6 year old.

A lot of 12 year olds use  bad language and many are exploring and experimenting with their sexuality.

6 year olds are still learning to tie their shoes.

My concern is the supervision levels- are 12 year olds going to be able to mingle freely ( and unsupervised) with 6 year olds? Even if there is adequate supervision things can still happen...

15 hours ago, constable145 said:

My concern with the new age groups is that 12 year olds are at such a different place in their lives than a 6 year old.

A lot of 12 year olds use  bad language and many are exploring and experimenting with their sexuality.

6 year olds are still learning to tie their shoes.

My concern is the supervision levels- are 12 year olds going to be able to mingle freely ( and unsupervised) with 6 year olds? Even if there is adequate supervision things can still happen...

you made some very good points. One of my concerns is the physical size difference. Can you imagine a 12 year old boy going full tilt in a game running over a 6 year old girl. I am not thinking anything of a sexual nature, just some bigger, more aggressive kids taking the game too serious