What are the best drinks on the Bliss?

ScottnBobbi

We want to know what are the best drinks that are found on the Bliss.  Thought this would be fun topic. I am not looking for just the highest alcohol or most expensive, but unique and just plain good.   We want to get the most out of our drink package, lol.  Please list drinks, locations, atmosphere ...  

8 minutes ago, ScottnBobbi said:

We want to know what are the best drinks that are found on the Bliss.  Thought this would be fun topic. I am not looking for just the highest alcohol or most expensive, but unique and just plain good.   We want to get the most out of our drink package, lol.  Please list drinks, locations, atmosphere ...  

Sounds pretty vague to me. I love the Woodford Old Fashioned, and think it is unique and good with the twist of orange and the maple syrup.  But if you don't like bourbons and whiskey, you might not think it is so good. 

• Like 1

That’s exactly what We are looking for.  We usually drink wine, but want to branch out.  I saw in a thread about the closing of Margaritaville that people were wondering if good margaritas could be found elsewhere.  Sure they can be, just curious if there are hidden or less known about locations and specialty drinks. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ScottnBobbi said:

That’s the ticket!  Bobbi likes the mudslides.  The expresso one will be on my list. Thanks.   Two great ones.  Thanks. 

Your welcomed.  Let me add another 2 cents.  If Gene, the lady in the photo) is working anywhere on the ship tip her well and get to know her.  She is a great mixologist and a nice person.  Also it has been my experience it pays to tip above and beyond if it is warranted.  Most crew members work hard and they will reward your generosity by taking extra special care of you. 

We bring at least 100 in singles and fives and tip every server etc.  it makes a world of difference.  They deserve it.  Just being nice and courteous goes a long way.  The abuse that the staff is put through by many of the passengers is ridiculous.  I will look for Gene.  Thanks. 

One of my favorites is the Guillotine from District Brewhouse. Gentlemen Jack is the base with a hint of sweet and a mole bitters. Yes, mostly beers there but the cocktails they do have are fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gershep said:

Miami Vice usually found at the outside bars. It's a frozen drink with Pina Colada, Strawberry Daiquiri and blue curacao.

Great thread. This one sounds like something even I would try, a definite for Boss Lady😋

• Like 1

At Sugarcane Mojito bar in December, there was an AMAZING bar tender named Nestor who turned me on to the Ginger Mojito. It is delicious! Uses stronger rum and ginger ale and includes a piece of candied ginger. I am literally counting down the days until my March sailings when I can spend the afternoons sitting at the outdoor section of the bar on the Waterfront and chatting with Nestor again!

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, kelseysmom21 said:

just off the jan 19th sailing on bliss Nestor was in spice. LOVE the spice crew!!!

Yeah, he warned me he might be moved to a different bar by the time I am back on the Bliss in March, but I will hunt him down! Have no fear!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

For the frozen drinks, can you get a straw?  Those are much easier to drink through a straw, but I keep hearing that the cruise lines are no longer providing straws, or are using sugar straws.

They have some paper straws on board, but not at every bar. You can bring your own straws. I keep my handy Final Straw in my pocket at all times while cruising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

They have some paper straws on board, but not at every bar. You can bring your own straws. I keep my handy Final Straw in my pocket at all times while cruising.

We got these for our next/future trips::  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GCZJ9YW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and have some stainless steel ones we use at home.