May or June best to cruise

Daisymae14

Hi everyone! I'm looking to book my mom and stepdad on their first cruise! I dont want it to be washout with Rain.( I hear its rains quite a bit those two months)  I have never cruised in either of those months so idk. Her bday is June 20th but if It is a rainy month I would take them in May.

I took my boys on their first one for XMas and they loved it, so if my mom does too, we are booking big family xmas cruise.  So insight on weather for those two months and if it's best to do Western Caribbean or Bahamas ( weather reasons ). TIA

May, and it's not even a close second for me. Especially in the beginning of May, you get great pricing, because the kids are still in school. That also works to your advantage by having less kids on the ship. Once summer hits, the price and amount of kids go up. Obviously, the amount of kids can vary by which cruise line it is.

Boarding out of  Florida and She isnt much on spending all day in the sun, but my step dad loves it. We spend a week in the summertime at OBX every year as a family tradition for past 21 years...so we all love the beach.

I'm not too concerned about port excursions, so to speak..I want her to feel comfortable on the (boat). I would like for her to see a port, incase it's her last  cruise.  😕

On 2/1/2020 at 5:44 PM, Daisymae14 said:

Boarding out of  Florida and She isnt much on spending all day in the sun, but my step dad loves it. We spend a week in the summertime at OBX every year as a family tradition for past 21 years...so we all love the beach.

I'm not too concerned about port excursions, so to speak..I want her to feel comfortable on the (boat). I would like for her to see a port, incase it's her last  cruise.  😕

I would look at a Western Caribbean over Bahamas if you think this might be her only cruise.  Freeport requires a taxi or excursion to get to the better parts of the island, Nassau has pushy vendors to contend with, and the private islands are mostly a beach day (and you can do beach days at many WC ports).

Thank you! I have thought more on the lines of Cozumel...her fear is not seeing land, being in water, she cant swim. So only reason i thought Bahamas was no sea day, even though I wanted her to see, it's really ok..you arent on a row boat...you will be fine. So...just trying to find a good medium for her. I want 1 sea day so she can relax and not feel a cruise seems like a rush-rush to ports each day.  Bless her heart..we go to Outer Banks for 20+years and she can go in the water and loves the beach...but she knows land is right there.