Cruise Critic Community
apcci2

Hotel Suggestion Port Canaveral

Will anyone share a hotel suggestion for Port Canaveral?  Flying into Orlando for a cruise near the end of March.    Driving to PC from NC for cruise in June.  Thanks  

We like the Homewood Suites. Nice pool, free happy hour, close to restaurants.

Not knowing your budget and needs, tough to recommend a hotel but since you may be looking for hotel parking in June, here is a comparison matrix:

Hotels-Park-Cruise-768x591.jpg

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort last month, just a mile or less from the Royal Caribbean dock.  It was fine.  Huge pool and lazy river.  Nice room.  You can see the ships from the north side rooms.  Free parking while you're staying there.

We've stayed at Country Inn & Suites..staying there again in April.

Always have stayed at the Radisson.   Very nice and good shuttle service to port

On 2/4/2020 at 1:07 AM, beloum said:

Always have stayed at the Radisson.   Very nice and good shuttle service to port

We  agree have always stayed at Radisson  INN on our last three cruises. The Radisson is reasonable in cost , clean  everything you need. An early start on your on your vacation. Next stop FEB

kruise kat.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:11 AM, SteerageJoe said:

Not knowing your budget and needs, tough to recommend a hotel but since you may be looking for hotel parking in June, here is a comparison matrix:

Hotels-Park-Cruise-768x591.jpg

Saw on Hilton Honors website that they are opening a new Home2 Suites and a new Hampton on Cape Canaveral (looks like they are adjacent to the Homewood Suites.  You are showing a Spring Hill suites in Cape Canaveral -- is this being built. 

Do you know when any of these hotels will be opening?    

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Saw on Hilton Honors website that they are opening a new Home2 Suites and a new Hampton on Cape Canaveral (looks like they are adjacent to the Homewood Suites.  You are showing a Spring Hill suites in Cape Canaveral -- is this being built. 

Do you know when any of these hotels will be opening?    

I need to go take latest pictures today of these new hotels - rumor has it the Sringhill Suites are opening in April this year.

2 hours ago, SteerageJoe said:

I need to go take latest pictures today of these new hotels - rumor has it the Sringhill Suites are opening in April this year.

Thanks -- I'm interested to see them.  we have lots of cruises booked out of Port C.  This is great that there are so many new hotels being built.  

20 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Thanks -- I'm interested to see them.  we have lots of cruises booked out of Port C.  This is great that there are so many new hotels being built.  

As promised! I took these pics yesterday:

SpringhillFeb20.jpg

Springhill Suites - Feb 2020

HamptonFeb20.jpg

Hampton Inn - Home2Suites - Feb 2020

I looked for inexpensive hotels for our cruise too. We are driving from NC as well. We cruise in August. Price wise, staying near MCO was the best value. The 45 minute drive in the morning will be easy. It also comes with free parking and shuttle from the parking lot. Not sure we can say prices, but the Snooze/Park/Cruise was only $130.

We like the Radisson due to the nice pool area, the fence around the property, and

the restaurant next door for dinner.  The shuttle has always been good for us.

2 hours ago, cruiseapril said:

We like the Radisson due to the nice pool area, the fence around the property, and

the restaurant next door for dinner.  The shuttle has always been good for us.

What is the name of the restaurant next door?  I would like to review their menu to see if it is a good option for our group of 12 and make some reservations.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, MA cruisers said:

What is the name of the restaurant next door?  I would like to review their menu to see if it is a good option for our group of 12 and make some reservations.  Thank you.

The restaurants nearby are on this map: Zarellas, Zachary's, Kelsey's, Preacher Bar and Thai Thai

Cape-Canaveral-Hotels.jpg

Zarrella's is good, and the FLA Beer Company has a good, locally brewed beer selection but no food (there's a good taco pop up there on Tuesdays) unless something has changed.

Hi-  The restaurant we have been to is Kelsey's- next to the Radisson. 

It is good, but more of a down home Italian place.  Not sure it accepts reservations.

There are many good restaurants in the Port Canaveral.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Hampton?

And how was it?

Just wondering.

Safe travels.

On 2/28/2020 at 10:57 AM, cruiseapril said:

Hi-  The restaurant we have been to is Kelsey's- next to the Radisson. 

It is good, but more of a down home Italian place.  Not sure it accepts reservations.

There are many good restaurants in the Port Canaveral.

We've eaten there about a half dozen times.  It's good and not expensive.  

18 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

We've eaten there about a half dozen times.  It's good and not expensive.  

Thank you for the info.

We are beach people all the way so we stay at the Hilton Oceanfront.  They have restaurants onsite that are pretty good, other restaurants nearby, groceries nearby for a wine grab, and of course...the ocean is right there.  I just can’t bring myself to come to Florida and stay inland.