Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
kebrown

Aqua Class cabins 1138 & 1140 on Millennium

Recommended Posts

I am currently booked in Aqua Class cabin 9043 on the Millennium but have an opportunity to switch to cabin 1138 or 1140 at no charges.  Are these two cabins better than 9043?  I know they both have large verandas but 9043 also has a large veranda.  Could someone tell me if cabins 1138 & 1140 have any other advantages over 9043 besides the large veranda?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Large balcony, aft facing so great views,  quick run down the stairs to the Sunset bar

and OV.  On the down side on the balcony you can sometimes hear the movie from deck 12 and in the 4-6pm you can hear the entertainer singing/playing at the Sunset Bar.  The later  can be a plus or minus basted on the quality of the performer. We didn’t hear either when in the cabin only on the balcony.

 

We were in 1141 last summer and are booked in the same cabin for 2 more cruises.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had both those cabins before on Summit and I think they are great. I also try to book one of those aft cabins.

 

Laura

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on the Infinity next year in cabin 1138. This is our first time in aft facing cabin and AQ class. My sister and BIL are Elite on Celebrity and they love these cabins on M class ships. They told us that there is a stairway at the end of the hall next to the cabins that takes you down to the Sunset bar and you can down get a drink and sit on your balcony overlooking the bar and even enjoy any live music. We have the CBP so I see us making plenty of trips down the stairs to the bar and back. The balcony is also much deeper with room for a chaise lounger with two chairs and a table. These 5 cabins aft facing  cabins usually are booked early in a cruise, we booked the first week this cruise opened up and 1140 the middle cabin was already taken so we took 1138.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were in 1140 on Summit last Oct.  We got an amazing picture of Statue of Liberty as we sailed away.  I don't like the new on-edge beams they have installed over the sunset bar.  They ruin pictures.  Lovely big deck and proximity to Ocean view is wonderful.  Get your food and eat it on this amazing balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been in both and prefer 1138, we like the angled glass, I think it gives a better view.  But both are great and usually are the first AQ cabins to go, so I'd grab one.

 

Only downside (for us) was that on some cruises the noise from the movies above was intrusive, was not on our last cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been in Aqua aft staterooms on all four of the M-class ships.  We have always been in the middle three (1141, 1140 and 1138).  We love that wake view and the convenience of being above the Ocean View Buffet.  We have booked them prior  and after the installation of the movie screen.  We have not found noise from either the movie screen or from the bar below to ever be intrusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were in 1130 on the Millennium in December. We loved the location! It was nice to be able to easily go down to the Sunset Bar or the Oceanview for something to enjoy on the balcony and we liked having the music waft up from the bar. I loved sitting out there and watching the wake too. I would definitely book in that location again without a second thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I forgot to mention the "noise" coming from the movie screen.  We found it intrusive.  One day it was so loud I could not concentrate on the book I was reading.  This is very unusual for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do these Aqua Class cabins at the back of the ship have close views of the ocean?  It looks like the view of the ocean from the balcony is far away.  I prefer looking down at water as opposed to looking down at people on the lido deck.  I am wondering if we would have a better view of the water if we stay in cabin 9043.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Do these Aqua Class cabins at the back of the ship have close views of the ocean?  It looks like the view of the ocean from the balcony is far away.  I prefer looking down at water as opposed to looking down at people on the lido deck.  I am wondering if we would have a better view of the water if we stay in cabin 9043.

I believe in the M class ships the 5 aft facing cabins on deck 11 are the only ones in AQ Class. Yes they do not look directly down on the water but you still will have a fantastic panorama view. The aft facing cabins on deck 9  are C-1 or concierge class.

Edited by terrydtx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kebrown said:

I am currently booked in Aqua Class cabin 9043 on the Millennium but have an opportunity to switch to cabin 1138 or 1140 at no charges.  Are these two cabins better than 9043?  I know they both have large verandas but 9043 also has a large veranda.  Could someone tell me if cabins 1138 & 1140 have any other advantages over 9043 besides the large veranda?

 

1138 and 1141 are our favorite cabins on M-class ships.  great views...better than 1140 which has the largest balcony.  9043 might be our next choice because we like a larger balcony.  9043 may have some noise from above (chairs) and noise from people in the hall (yes, people yell, kids play,....).   Deck 11 may have noise from the movies but no hall noise.  1138/40/41 are at the very aft of the ship which is "interesting" in rough seas (we were in 1141 in 30' seas).  Shorter walk to drinks and food from 11th deck cabins which is nice. 

 

We would move to 1138 if no extra charge (book A1 for A2 price)...in fact we're booked in 1138 this fall on the Constellation.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ghstudio said:

 

1138 and 1141 are our favorite cabins on M-class ships.  great views...better than 1140 which has the largest balcony.  9043 might be our next choice because we like a larger balcony.  9043 may have some noise from above (chairs) and noise from people in the hall (yes, people yell, kids play,....).   Deck 11 may have noise from the movies but no hall noise.  1138/40/41 are at the very aft of the ship which is "interesting" in rough seas (we were in 1141 in 30' seas).  Shorter walk to drinks and food from 11th deck cabins which is nice. 

 

We would move to 1138 if no extra charge (book A1 for A2 price)...in fact we're booked in 1138 this fall on the Constellation.     

Our TA somehow  got our cabin 1138 booked at the A2 price with the CBP, Pre-paid gratuities and $200OBC perks included. This was back in November and less than the cost today with only 1 included perk. I do not know how she did this, but that is why she has been my TA for the past 15 years.  We are really looking forward to this cruise next year on the Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ghstudio i’m just curious I have booked 1140 for the September Summit cruise I was curious why you would think the other two cabins have a better view  I’ve never been in any of them??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1140 has panels on both sides of the balcony (like all other balconies), but for us, they limit the view to only the rear.  1138/41 have a longer panel on the edge of 1140 and a shorter one on the other side offering a view not only to the rear but much wider to the sides.  1140 has the largest balcony.  It's a matter of personal preference....all three are excellent cabins. 

 

I'm sure you can find pictures of those cabins (summit, millenium, infinity, constellation are all the same) on the internet...probably somewhere on CC as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We raced to the future cruise desk on Edge to book 1141 on Summit this July.  This thread has us super excited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also prefer 1138 or 1141 over 1140 because the better view and because 1140 has the flag in front of the balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I believe in the M class ships the 5 aft facing cabins on deck 11 are the only ones in AQ Class.

Actually all the cabins starboard and portside on deck 11 are AQ 1 class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Yes, I forgot to mention the "noise" coming from the movie screen.  We found it intrusive.  One day it was so loud I could not concentrate on the book I was reading.  This is very unusual for me.

We spent 3 weeks on the Summit in November with the first two weeks in 1138 and I agree about the noise.  At times it was difficult to sit out on the veranda and read and there were times when I could hear it inside the cabin with the door closed.  I think some of that may have been when football games were playing.  The third week we were in a C1 aft on deck 8 which I prefer but missed the service and food in Blu.  The location of 1138 is great if you aren't sensitive to the background noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We stayed in many aft cabins in concierge class before switching to aft AQ cabins.

 

Not ONCE did I ever feel shortchanged because I either looked down at the Sunset Bar or looked down at the Penthouse Suite...before looking OUT at the magnificent panorama provided by these cabins.  If you want to look straight down, then book on the side.  Make sure the lifeboats aren't in the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Actually all the cabins starboard and portside on deck 11 are AQ 1 class

That's correct.  All the cabins on Deck 11, including the five afts are A1 Class.  🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Actually all the cabins starboard and portside on deck 11 are AQ 1 class

What I meant was the 5 Aft facing cabins are the only AQ class Aft facing cabins on M class ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...