Concierge Lunch

MNBluffBuffs

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Google found this.  It was the menu on the Eclipse but the menus tend to be standard across the fleet.B2B8D390-FF53-4410-B093-B088D5ECE9E6.thumb.png.78599a1090198c02bba7c9bc6598237b.png

That looks very familiar for the last Conceirge class cruise we did a few years ago.   I suspect it will be the same for the one we are doing this year.  Whilst we normally dine on a table for two, for this we had to share a table, and it was enjoyable.   Also a good way to avoid the hoards at the buffet on embarkation day.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Thanks for posting.  I love the ease of having lunch in the dining room on embarkation day but must say this menu leaves a lot to be desired IMO.

It seems like an excellent menu to me. You have a choice of chicken, beef, fish and pasta along with a salad and soup. On occasion I have seen lamb chops in place of the short ribs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

It seems like an excellent menu to me. You have a choice of chicken, beef, fish and pasta along with a salad and soup. On occasion I have seen lamb chops in place of the short ribs. 

Well when you put it that way, I guess I would have to agree.  😃

10 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

The short ribs are excellent. Had them on two CC lunches.

39 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The menu is too limited for me, I'll be in the Oceanview Cafe before making my way to the pool.

Like a sit down lunch after travelling in the morning. Nice and leisurely and table service rather than fighting for a chair and lineups at buffet. No thanks, not my thing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Like a sit down lunch after travelling in the morning. Nice and leisurely and table service rather than fighting for a chair and lineups at buffet. No thanks, not my thing.

Traveling is not a problem for me, I'll be there a couple of days ahead of time.  I'll pick up something in the ocean view cafe and then go outside and find a spot in the shade under the Sunset Bar.  For me, a much nicer way to start a cruise.

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Traveling is not a problem for me, I'll be there a couple of days ahead of time.  I'll pick up something in the ocean view cafe and then go outside and find a spot in the shade under the Sunset Bar.  For me, a much nicer way to start a cruise.

I'm also there a day or 2 in advance but I still  have to travel to get to the port. Not always easy to get spot in or outside the buffet. Last time I was at the buffet for lunch I left my drink on the table and tote bag on the chair just to get bread and some cheese.  Gone maybe a minute or 2. Returned to find couple sitting in my spot moved bag over and drink gone. They said nope, no drink and handed me my bag. A waiter would not take the drink if a bag was there.

28 minutes ago, Klapka said:

The term concierge lunch is new to me.  We are in a Sky suite this time and I think we take lunch in Luminae.  For future reference: who gets it and where is it (on Silhouette, eg)? 

It's lunch for those booked in concierge class cabins.  Also available to those booked B2B.  You'll have a much better experience in Luminae.  Enjoy!

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, luckyinpa said:

given the small menu can i assume this lunch would be quicker than a normal meal in MDR?  by dumb luck i fell into a free upgrade and now ill be able to avail myself of this specialty

I've done this 3 times in concierge and usually in and out in 45 minutes. They also close at 1 or 1 30 I think. I prefer it to the crowded oceanview cafe. Yes menu may be limited but I always find something I like. 

I like those options for dinner not lunch. I don't typically eat a "heavy" lunch. How about a salad and BLT? I was excited for this perk but seeing the menu, I'm now disappointed. Guess we'll be going to the buffet for lighter fare or have breakfast in San Juan and simply "snack" until dinner.

@drakes2 That's terrible about your seat. Not sure what would make them think that was appropriate.

Edited by JennyB1977

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

I like those options for dinner not lunch. I don't typically eat a "heavy" lunch. How about a salad and BLT? I was excited for this perk but seeing the menu, I'm now disappointed. Guess we'll be going to the buffet for lighter fare or have breakfast in San Juan and simply "snack" until dinner.

@drakes2 That's terrible about your seat. Not sure what would make them think that was appropriate.

Some people just dont care and think they're entitled. The nice man beside them offered me to sit with him.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 9:36 AM, drakes2 said:

I'm also there a day or 2 in advance but I still  have to travel to get to the port. Not always easy to get spot in or outside the buffet. Last time I was at the buffet for lunch I left my drink on the table and tote bag on the chair just to get bread and some cheese.  Gone maybe a minute or 2. Returned to find couple sitting in my spot moved bag over and drink gone. They said nope, no drink and handed me my bag. A waiter would not take the drink if a bag was there.

i would have stood by the table and ate and drank the entire time they were there 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steve ch said:

The Concierge lunch chicken was the worst meal I've ever been served on Celebrity, dry chicken and cold fries. Not worth paying extra for, IMO.

well i got it free but from what you say doesnt even sound worth free

• Like 1

On our upcoming cruises, we are both in Concierge...AND back-to-back...So I guess we are "entitled" either way...

And we'll get this same limited menu twice...seven days apart...

I am not thrilled with that menu...

I don't really like roast or grilled fish or chicken...And I don't care for the sides with the short ribs...and Squash Soup doesn't sound good to me either...

So, I'll probably have a Caesar Salad...then the short ribns...but I'll ask for the french fries normally served with the chicken instead of the sides...

But I wish they had a couple of simple sandwiches or burgers on the menu instead...

In any event, I find even this preferable to dealing with the crowded buffet...There, we'd wait on lines to get food already picked over by dozens of people before us, then search for an open table...and then, we seldom eat together--one eating while the other is still getting food or going back for seconds...I much prefer to eat in a restaurant with table service and portions cooked for me and served while I sit at a comfortable table.

• Like 1