Booking Steakhouse

nissach

From reading other forum posts here

You now prepay for specialty restaurants because of a recent? change in the process.

It is speculated it was because of people booking and not showing up.

Edited by Sailin_Pirate

2 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

From reading other forum posts here

You now prepay for specialty restaurants because of a recent? change in the process.

It is speculated it was because of people booking and not showing up.

Ok that makes sense.  Just thought it was different from the last time we booked.

Edited by nissach

1 minute ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

From reading other forum posts here   You now prepay for specialty restaurants because of a recent? change in the process. It is speculated it was because of people booking and not showing up.

I agree. I don't know why they made the change, but they did. We/I no longer have the option to make a reservation. I am now required to pay for it in advance, online. 

32 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

I've had my reservation for months, done the old way.  I have the confirmation e-mail.

So will they just bill my S&S card like they always have done?

And how did you go about making that reservation?  

43 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

I've had my reservation for months, done the old way.  I have the confirmation e-mail.

I think so, We have 2 future reservations without pre paying.  I'm taking my e-mail with us just to be sure we get in.

I not a fan of the new policy since I usually have OBC that we use for the steakhouse.

I guess we can always wait and make reservations after boarding, I'm just hope we can still get the day and time we wanted.

• Like 1

I also have reservations for 3 specialty restaurants on the Panorama this June without having to pay. Its really odd because sometimes when you log in you choose"Specialty Dinning", pick your restaurant and then they want to charge you. However when i log into Carnival on my daughters tablet there is a choice on the page that says "Make dinning reservations", that takes me a choice of onboard restaurants. I pick the one i want, set a time and click confirm, no payment required. I got an email confirmation for each a few days later. There unfortunately doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for when this option displays on the website. I have gotten it on Chrome on my desktop but not for awhile now but it was on the tablet last week. So just keep trying different browsers and devices i guess? Good Luck!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, krusso80 said:

I also have reservations for 3 specialty restaurants on the Panorama this June without having to pay. Its really odd because sometimes when you log in you choose"Specialty Dinning", pick your restaurant and then they want to charge you. However when i log into Carnival on my daughters tablet there is a choice on the page that says "Make dinning reservations", that takes me a choice of onboard restaurants. I pick the one i want, set a time and click confirm, no payment required. I got an email confirmation for each a few days later. There unfortunately doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for when this option displays on the website. I have gotten it on Chrome on my desktop but not for awhile now but it was on the tablet last week. So just keep trying different browsers and devices i guess? Good Luck!

Hmmm.....interesting??

11 hours ago, Frank12 said:

That is exactly what I did for my last cruise 2 weeks ago. I brought the email with me and I confirmed upon embarkation. I made the original reservation when I booked over a year ago.

2 hours ago, sunonfire said:

That is exactly what I did for my last cruise 2 weeks ago. I brought the email with me and I confirmed upon embarkation. I made the original reservation when I booked over a year ago.

Thanks. I assumed we'd be OK.

11 hours ago, Frank12 said:

Via e-mail. That's how we've always done it.

Who exactly did you email?  And where can I find the correct email for the Panorama?

I have never emailed before, just booked it online, but did not have to prepay for it.

1 hour ago, nissach said:

Who exactly did you email?  And where can I find the correct email for the Panorama?

I have never emailed before, just booked it online, but did not have to prepay for it.

I used the Specialty Dining option on My Cruise Manager to book all 3 of my Reservations. Then I received an email confirming.

50 minutes ago, RenoNanaOz said:

I used the Specialty Dining option on My Cruise Manager to book all 3 of my Reservations. Then I received an email confirming.

That is where I am.  It wants me to add the booking to my cart and then prompts me to pay for the $38 x 2 to complete the transaction.  Not sure why it would be different??

34 minutes ago, nissach said:

That is where I am.  It wants me to add the booking to my cart and then prompts me to pay for the $38 x 2 to complete the transaction.  Not sure why it would be different??

Wow that is so strange. I did mine several months ago. Must have changed it, I just tried and yep, it asked me to checkout and pay.

Edited by RenoNanaOz

21 minutes ago, RenoNanaOz said:

Wow that is so strange. I did mine several months ago. Must have changed it, I just tried and yep, it asked me to checkout and pay.

So strange.  Maybe the change was just a recent one?

When we first booked our Conquest sailing which leaves on the 29th I booked the steakhouse the old fashioned way. I have an email with my confirmation for St Thomas day. We decided to book another night and had to book it the new way where we prepaid for this reservation. My guess the new program was rolled out in the time between. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JandPB said:

When we first booked our Conquest sailing which leaves on the 29th I booked the steakhouse the old fashioned way. I have an email with my confirmation for St Thomas day. We decided to book another night and had to book it the new way where we prepaid for this reservation. My guess the new program was rolled out in the time between. 

This has been my experience too.

I made Chef's Table reservations over a year ago for our March 2020 Freedom cruise.  I got an e-mail confirmation, with no pre-payment.

Much more recently I booked Chef's Table for a September cruise and pre-payment was required.

• Like 1

Yes you now have to pay up front like a shore excursion for steakhouse.  I had to call Carnival Corp. because after I paid it told me a confirmation email will be sent.  It was never sent.  Had to get representative from the Fun Shops to email me a confirmation.  Carnival's wonderful website problems.  It still doesn't show the steakhouse reservation on our booking and order details on website.  It has everything else we ordered online but the steakhouse.  I guess specialty dining is just that.  Special. 

I do not have a problem with paying up front, but I was trying to book for us and another couple so we could sit together and I do not want to pay for all 4.  I am just concerned if we book separate we may not be able to sit at a table for 4, if we originally book as 2 separate couples.