Booking Steakhouse

nissach

24 minutes ago, nissach said:

I do not have a problem with paying up front, but I was trying to book for us and another couple so we could sit together and I do not want to pay for all 4.  I am just concerned if we book separate we may not be able to sit at a table for 4, if we originally book as 2 separate couples.  

Can the other couple send you an e-transfer and you just book all 4? Paypal...we have Venmo and Cashapp here in the US too, not sure if you have that in Canada.

15 hours ago, montREALady said:

Can the other couple send you an e-transfer and you just book all 4? Paypal...we have Venmo and Cashapp here in the US too, not sure if you have that in Canada.

Yes, of course that will work,  just grumbling.   First world problems, right?  Really nothing to complain about.

1 hour ago, nissach said:

Yes, of course that will work,  just grumbling.   First world problems, right?  Really nothing to complain about.

Ha! I know I do the same thing and quite frankly I'm annoyed we have to prepay for the steakhouse. What is the cancellation policy? I have to look that up now! BTW, I'm from Montreal originally but I live in NYC so I was actually wondering if you had those instant easy transfer services there! 

17 minutes ago, isladonna said:

I'm annoyed because it says they will email you confirmations and they don't.  Same with fun shops, i purchased birday decor and no email or confirmation and not showing on account.  i booked 4 for steakhouse and no confirmation.

That's annoying! Did you check your spam folder?

3 hours ago, nissach said:

Just went through this the other day.  7 of us want to go to the steakhouse.  Called Carnival to see if there was a way to link reservations so we could be seated together, but everyone pay their own way.  The said not possible -- one person had to do the booking (and pay) for all.

It's not a deal breaker but you'd think there would be another way to do it.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, montREALady said:

Ha! I know I do the same thing and quite frankly I'm annoyed we have to prepay for the steakhouse. What is the cancellation policy? I have to look that up now! BTW, I'm from Montreal originally but I live in NYC so I was actually wondering if you had those instant easy transfer services there! 

Yes, we can easily e transfer money.  Not sure about the apps though.

13 minutes ago, Baxter1234 said:

Just went through this the other day.  7 of us want to go to the steakhouse.  Called Carnival to see if there was a way to link reservations so we could be seated together, but everyone pay their own way.  The said not possible -- one person had to do the booking (and pay) for all.

It's not a deal breaker but you'd think there would be another way to do it.   

Agreed, there should be a way to link reservations so people can sit together and not have to book separately.

21 hours ago, nissach said:

I do not have a problem with paying up front, but I was trying to book for us and another couple so we could sit together and I do not want to pay for all 4.  I am just concerned if we book separate we may not be able to sit at a table for 4, if we originally book as 2 separate couples.  

As I have said numerous times, you can book when you board, of course you will sit together like any other restaurant.

It's a fairly recent change - I think due to no-shows.   We have Breeze and Legend future steakhouse reservations, made the old way and I will just take my confirmation emails when I board.

Still, I wouldn't mind paying for it in advance either.  We always book the first night in steakhouse as a "kick-off" to our vacation.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Florings said:

It's a fairly recent change - I think due to no-shows.   We have Breeze and Legend future steakhouse reservations, made the old way and I will just take my confirmation emails when I board.

Still, I wouldn't mind paying for it in advance either.  We always book the first night in steakhouse as a "kick-off" to our vacation.

As in embarkation day? I figured everyone would be tired but maybe we should do that. I was thinking the first sea day but apparently that's elegant night on a 5-day cruise.

Just saw this on their website but I've read that people aren't even seeing their reservations online to do this:

If you find the need to cancel or change your reservation, we appreciate you making the change online prior to your cruise. For the Chef's Table and Bonsai Teppanyaki, there is a $25 USD fee for cancellations made within 24 hours of your reservation.

1 hour ago, coevan said:

As I have said numerous times, you can book when you board, of course you will sit together like any other restaurant.

Yes, I know and I have seen your other posts.  But it would be nice to have the time we want ahead of time.  I will just book it and pay up.

55 minutes ago, montREALady said:

As in embarkation day? I figured everyone would be tired but maybe we should do that. I was thinking the first sea day but apparently that's elegant night on a 5-day cruise.

Yes, we always book embarkation night, 7pm.  It's tradition for us now.

• Like 1

When I booked ours for  panorama in March I had to prepay.  The interesting thing is I did not get an email.  I see the date in my bookings and it has been charged but it does not give me a confirmation on the time I had picked.  Does anybody else have this problem or should I call carnival.

3 hours ago, We6crooze said:

When I booked ours for  panorama in March I had to prepay.  The interesting thing is I did not get an email.  I see the date in my bookings and it has been charged but it does not give me a confirmation on the time I had picked.  Does anybody else have this problem or should I call carnival.

I've seen people say they didn't get an email. Based on Carnival's website they say you can change or cancel reservations online, so not seeing the time doesn't sound like it's right to me. Now to Carnival may be another story!

On 2/5/2020 at 2:27 PM, nissach said:

On 2/5/2020 at 1:04 PM, coevan said:

Can always take that risk if you’re not picky.  But we have had the experience of waiting to book on board and not being able to get a table at the time we wanted.  And we did try to book on embarkation day but there were not many times left.

57 minutes ago, coevan said:

picky about what? Has anyone ever seen the Steakhouse completely full. I have not. 

We were not able to get into the steakhouse on the Breeze in December because we didn’t book in advance. I checked everyday. They did offer 8:45 one day but that’s too late for us. We were a table of 6 though. And I don’t think they’re ever staffed in the kitchen or the wait staff to have all the tables full at one time.

Actually I just made a steakhouse reservation today for my cruise and I did not have to pay. I did receive a confirmation e-mail from the steakhouse manager. I booked it through the Hub app under speciality dining. It did take me to the Carnival website but it did not ask for payment. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, meltissa said:

Actually I just made a steakhouse reservation today for my cruise and I did not have to pay. I did receive a confirmation e-mail from the steakhouse manager. I booked it through the Hub app under speciality dining. It did take me to the Carnival website but it did not ask for payment. 

You're right! The other way adds it as an item in your cart like anything else, drink packages, wifi, etc. I did it right when you posted this but my phone died as I was responding then I fell asleep 🤣 It was at 10:55pm EST though, so no confirmation yet.

15 hours ago, coevan said:

picky about what? Has anyone ever seen the Steakhouse completely full. I have not. 

I have seen it full twice out of maybe twenty times or so. I know you have stated you have always been able to show up at the steakhouse any time you wanted without an issue.  However, friends of ours recently went on a short notice cruise on Horizon and were never successful getting reservations to the steakhouse despite checking every day.  On the other hand, the last few cruises we have been on the steakhouse was less than 50% full when we ate there (Liberty and Breeze). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Woah Nellie! That's a new revelation! Never heard that one before! Maybe you stumbled onto something. Thanks so much meltissa! 👍

Did you get an email confirmation? Carnival needs to work on their website, we should also be able to see dining reservations. Pending and confirmed if done online. Even like Opentable with real time avails. When we get drink packages and wifi, etc. where does that show up?

Edited by montREALady