Norwegian Unresponsive to the Coronavirus in Asia

Capeviewer

38 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Heads up again, sorry ... could be entirely false alert.  Where's the Jade heading to now? Isn't she supposed to be at Phu My or Ho Chi Minh City by now, per AIS data filed.

You are correct. Scheduled arrival to Ho Chi Minh in about 3 hours. Agree, appears to be off-course.

Marinetraffic still shows it moored in Sihanoukville, Cambodia, which is wrong. 

And, no, I have not seen updates from anyone onboard, unfortunately.

38 minutes ago, blcruising said:

You are correct. Scheduled arrival to Ho Chi Minh in about 3 hours. Agree, appears to be off-course.

Marinetraffic still shows it moored in Sihanoukville, Cambodia, which is wrong. 

And, no, I have not seen updates from anyone onboard, unfortunately.

Looks to be on schedule. . . Not in Cambodia.

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9304057

Edited by debshomespun

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Heads up again, sorry ... could be entirely false alert.  Where's the Jade heading to now? Isn't she supposed to be at Phu My or Ho Chi Minh City by now, per AIS data filed.  Revised itinerary, perhaps, anyone else has info on this, as I stand corrected if mistaken.  

Mein Schiff 6 is heading to HCMC now. 

Collage 2020-02-11 15_13_24.jpg

P.S.  Marine Tracking's AIS data can be outdated, not properly filed, etc. but with 2 other cruise ships in the area, I dunno.  No info from anyone currently onboard ?? 

*****.com has the Jade about to dock at Ho Chi Minh City

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Where's the Jade heading to now? Isn't she supposed to be at Phu My or Ho Chi Minh City by now, per AIS data filed.  Revised itinerary, perhaps, anyone else has info on this.

Apparently, the itinerary was changed.  2 sea days and next port is Chan May.  Then doing the Vietnam ports in reverse order on the way back to Singapore.  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

Apparently, the itinerary was changed.  2 sea days and next port is Chan May.  Then doing the Vietnam ports in reverse order on the way back to Singapore.  

That makes a lot of sense to me. It was too far north to be heading to Go Chi Minh.

Got an email two hours ago that our 2/24/20 RCI Quantum OTS cruise 9 days rescheduled to be rt  Singapore is cancelled with full refund and up to $400 pp airline reimbursement.  The cruise originally had 3 stops in the Philippines and 2 calls in Vietnam.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Got an email two hours ago that our 2/24/20 RCI Quantum OTS cruise 9 days rescheduled to be rt  Singapore is cancelled with full refund and up to $400 pp airline reimbursement.  The cruise originally had 3 stops in the Philippines and 2 calls in Vietnam.

Thank you for sharing the news.  Is Singapore getting to be too risky?  Are all of these other  responsible - non-NCL - cruise lines making changes proactively in anticipation of Singapore’s port potentially closing?  I am glad Royal is being reasonable.  Have fun on your replacement trip.  

3 minutes ago, Atgatsea said:

Thank you for sharing the news.  Is Singapore getting to be too risky?  Are all of these other  responsible - non-NCL - cruise lines making changes proactively in anticipation of Singapore’s port potentially closing?  I am glad Royal is being reasonable.  Have fun on your replacement trip.  

RCI also just cancelled 2/15/20 Quantum cruise rt Singapore, one cruiser was on the way, found out in South Korea.  They were scheduled for Thailand and Vietnam. 

• Like 1

"Four cruise ships have been refused entry into Tonga due to health warnings following the global coronavirus outbreak.

Three ships were to arrive in Nuku'alofa today - the Astor, Columbus, and Crystal Serenity.

A fourth vessel, a super-yacht Windstirid, was to call into Vava'u having sailed from Rarotonga.

The Astor is a German-registered vessel with 600 passengers; Columbus carries 1500 passengers and sailed from London while the Crystal Serenity is carrying 1000 passengers."

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/rnz/four-cruise-ships-refused-entry-tonga

• Thanks 1

Singapore has reported two new cases of the Virus as of a few hours ago.  Very responsible of other cruise companies cancelling for now.  Once  an effective remedy is found and travel resumes, these cruise lines will be the winners in the end. Good for them.

• Like 1

So, besides Norwegian Cruise Lies, who is still attempting to operating sailings from Singapore in February?

Royal pulled Quantum, Celebrity pulled Millennium and Constellation, and Cunard pulled QM2 within the last day or so. 

C'mon, NCL. Just do it to fit in with the other cool kids, lol!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bevi65 said:

Singapore has reported two new cases of the Virus as of a few hours ago.  Very responsible of other cruise companies cancelling for now.  Once  an effective remedy is found and travel resumes, these cruise lines will be the winners in the end. Good for them.

Yep, their people and execs can rest easy knowing they took proactive action, not words, to help prevent further infections. They went over and above what their contract required of them in the name of guest safety. That's a story worth telling.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, blcruising said:

So, besides Norwegian Cruise Lies, who is still attempting to operating sailings from Singapore in February?

Royal pulled Quantum, Celebrity pulled Millennium and Constellation, and Cunard pulled QM2 within the last day or so. 

C'mon, NCL. Just do it to fit in with the other cool kids, lol!!

Lol! Isnt it just unbelievable!? If we had chosen any other cruise line.......... As angry and frustrated as I am you have to laugh!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The letter from Royal to Quantum  passengers:

""At Royal Caribbean International, the safety and well-being of our guests and crew is top priority. So, in light of current regional travel conditions, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel our Quantum of the Seas February 15th cruise."

Notice that communications from NCL always start with that same first sentence.  But in the case of NCL, they are lying.  

Edited by Lou33
  • Like 1

I have just heard that there are current discussions occurring at the NCL head office and a decision pending. Good news is that they appear to be 'considering' things. All we can do now is hope that a reasonable and logical outcome is reached. Given every other cruise-line has taken precautionary action I cannot see how NCL can continue to bed down against the majority and proceed, but we will have to wait and see. One way or another I expect some communication from NCL in the near future. Let's hope it isn't the usual statement without amendment!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But it is lose-lose for NCL at this point. If they force the sailing, people are upset ( at least the people on cc). If they cancel and say something like...in the interest of guest safety and well being....people are going to roll their eyes, and say, ok, whatever. And believe it or not, I bet some will be unhappy if they cancel. So NCL loses on either front. 

If they cancel, it looks like they are cancelling because everyone else did it. Just like changing the debark from Hong Kong to Singapore....they were so delayed in doing it. In fact, the Hong Kong port was actually closed by the government before NCL had done anything.

I'm not even a marketing major, but they always seem to find a way to back themselves into these types of situations. Yet, they continue to survive in spite of it all.

Edited by blcruising

6 minutes ago, blcruising said:

But it is lose-lose for NCL at this point. If they force the sailing, people are upset ( at least the people on cc). If they cancel and say something like...in the interest of guest safety and well being....people are going to roll their eyes, and say, ok, whatever. And believe it or not, I bet some will be unhappy if they cancel. So NCL loses on either front. 

If they cancel, it looks like they are cancelling because everyone else did it. Just like changing the debark from Hong Kong to Singapore....they were so delayed in doing it. In fact, the Hong Kong port was actually closed by the government before NCL had done anything.

I'm not even a marketing major, but they always seem to find a way to back themselves into these types of situations. Yet, they continue to survive in spite of it all.

That's easy!  Then just give us the "option" to cancel, just like Royal originally did with Quantum.  That would be win-win.  Nobody is forced to take a cruise that they don't want.  

But really the best thing is to just cancel the whole cruise.  This sailing is a catastrophe waiting to happen.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, walkenmishoos said:

Another 40 people on Diamond Princess confirmed with the virus

So, are these delayed results from the original 300 that were tested or have they tested more passengers? 40 positive results out of how many samples?

Trying to understand if they may have been infected prior to the quarantine or if the quarantine is ineffective. 

Edited by blcruising
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

RCI also just cancelled 2/15/20 Quantum cruise rt Singapore, one cruiser was on the way, found out in South Korea.  They were scheduled for Thailand and Vietnam. 

That's exactly what I'm worried about. I'm booked on the Jade's sailing of the 27th, but I'm flying to Singapore by way of Munich a week earlier on the 21st.  And I have two separate one-way frequent flyer tickets (MIA-SIN, DXB-MIA). So if I get to Singapore and then NCL cancels the cruise,  I'll most likely get stock having to purchase a very expensive one-way ticket home.