Beach Club with Activities

RobertHemsley

Hi Guys,

Will be in Costa Maya next week and I'm looking for a decent beach club. I've looked at previous posts here and all sorts but I guess my indecisive mind had led me to make this post.

I'm looking for a place that offers Snorkeling / Kayaks where the sea doesn't have so much sea grass or seaweed. My girlfriend will sunbath and relax all day whilst I have the need to be active. We don't need unlimited drinks and she doesn't drink much and i'm happy to buy by the bottle. 

What would people recommend? I might go for the option of not pre-booking somewhere and just walking down the Malecon until I see something that fits. Or is this not advised?

Any of the beach clubs can set up snorkeling or kayaks for you.  Especially the ones connect or next door to a dive shop, like YaYas.   You can also get off the tram from port at the first stop and go to Tequila Beach.  It has long been the main provider of water activities.  I don't personally like the service, drinks or quality of food there and I highly loath the fact that they hound you to go to their club immediately on stepping off the tram.  Corona Beach next door is the same.  You may walk on down the malecon and once you get to the middle sections, you'll run into a lot more people trying to get you to occupy one of their loungers.   The rule of thumb is: If you have to hawk loungers, it probably means no one would go there on their own. 

I like Tropicante, but they have no water activities on their own. They do know just about everyone and Jorge will get you a kayak or set up a snorkel tour or let to ride along the malecon on one of their beach bikes.