Cabin Room Capacity Question

MistyRo76

Myself and my two best gal pals are booked on the Conquest in an Ocean Suite. Two of my other friends are thinking about booking and may splurge on the Ocean Suite as well. Overall there are still a fair amount of Ocean Suites left, but only one mid-ship Ocean Suite that hold two people. 

We were hoping to be able to book side-by-side so we could open up our balcony divider to give us one big balcony. But there aren't any two person Suites left next to three person Suites. What is everyone's experience in being able to book two people into a Suite that technically accommodates three people. Right now, there are ALOT of Suites left for three people. I checked with my PVP and she said that there is an occupancy restriction in place but that "sometimes" they would lift or waive that restriction. 

Any experience or feedback on this would be appreciated! It's not the end of the world if we can't be side-by-side, but it would be great if we could be! 🙂

I know of two scenarios.  If the designated muster station gets filled to near capacity they may allow 2 people to occupy a cabin designated for 3.

At or near final payment date if there are still a lot of unsold cabins in a category, they may allow under the maximum occupancy.

Perhaps others know of other instances.  I would ask my pvp to help.

• Like 1

Try doing a mock booking on line and see if when you put in 2 ppl, if the triple ocean suite comes up. I ran into this once where triples and quads were available to be booked on line but when I spoke to a rep by phone, she tried to tell me they weren't available to be booked by smaller parties than the cabin could hold. She was wrong. This was pretty close to final payment though. For the longest time, triples and quads were not available for smaller parties but then one day the finally released them.

Edited by HeidiHo

15 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

At or near final payment date if there are still a lot of unsold cabins in a category, they may allow under the maximum occupancy.

9 hours ago, HeidiHo said:

. This was pretty close to final payment though. For the longest time, triples and quads were not available for smaller parties but then one day the finally released them.

Unfortunately, by that time, finding two suites next to each other might be difficult.

Edited by RWolver672

How much is a 3rd person?  You could always book 3, and then they no show.  Usually the 3rd person is fairly cheap.  You might also be able to cancel the 3rd person after all suites are full before final payment, and be fine as well.