Question about "CruiseWithMe"

Rick&Jeannie

I was looking in my cruise personalizer for a booked cruise today, stumbled across a reference to CruiseWithMe.

This appears to be oriented towards allowing a group of people plan a cruise BEFORE booking.  (I may be mis-reading this...) Is there a way to plug in several existing bookings so that we can collaborate?

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I understand what it is but it seems to operate with only "saved" cruises, which implies that it is only for initial planning...not existing booked cruises.  I have a group already booked that this would *seem* to be perfect for...if it works with booked cruises.  It gives the impression that it would help collaborate on shore excursions & such.

I'm not doing a very good job in explaining my point.  All of CruiseWithMe is geared toward selecting a cruise among a group of people...even allowing the group to "vote" on a cruise to take.  I was hoping that it would allow a group to collaborate on a cruise once everyone has booked.  Pushing the "vote" angle a bit further, it would be great to allow members of the group to vote on various excursions and activities.  Alas...it's not to be.

I would suggest to Princess (if in fact they really do read CruiseCritic) that they expand this functionality to allow these types of group functions for booked passengers.  Coming from an IT background I can see that it really shouldn't take much development at all since the majority of the code is already in place to deal with "before booking" planning.

I looked into this while planning a cruise with friends. We already had the cruise booked but I wanted to plan excursions, etc. The only thing you can really do with it after booking is make comments. So we comment the excursions we are interested in so others in the group can look it up and it’s there like a note if we need to refer back to it. 

That's the conclusion I had come to as well.  It sure seems like Princess is missing out on an opportunity to supply a really great service to its' already booked customers if they would just expand this just a little further!  Comments are great (as far as they go) but the ability to really collaborate on picking excursions and activities and "voting" on them seems like it would be very nice.  Most of the logic is already there...it's just limited by the coding!