Vampiress88

Decided based on quite a few threads

lots of bottles of water

little squeeze juice thing

aero press and coffee

coffee cup

my fruity teabags

snacks for the kids- fruit strings,cereal bars etc

always have pen and paper for my bag whilst on deck, kids like to write and draw. 
criptic crossword book for hubby
sea sickness and ginger biscuits 

think I need a pop up washing basket and I need some kind of detergent- no idea what to buy or where to get it. 

Books, I pass them onto the crew when I have read them.

Pen, notebook, puzzlebook.

Folding washbag, detergent tablets/pods, drier sheets. Though I am thinking of sending washing to laundry on next cruise.

Kindle fire.

Chocolate.

Scissors, safety pins etc.

Hubby.

Blister plasters.

Sea sickness tablets.

4 minutes ago, emam said:

Books, I pass them onto the crew when I have read them.

Pen, notebook, puzzlebook.

Folding washbag, detergent tablets/pods, drier sheets. Though I am thinking of sending washing to laundry on next cruise.

Kindle fire.

Chocolate.

Scissors, safety pins etc.

Hubby.

Blister plasters.

Sea sickness tablets.

ooo you’ve just given me a good idea. Little sewing kits with the safety pins in. Good thinking. I wouldn’t have thought of that. Or the plasters. Maybe I should also take calpol for kids just in case. 

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

ooo you’ve just given me a good idea. Little sewing kits with the safety pins in. Good thinking. I wouldn’t have thought of that. Or the plasters. Maybe I should also take calpol for kids just in case. 

Definitely for the Calpol.

The zip got stuck on my formal dress on our last cruise, hence scissors etc. 

26 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Anti bacterial/virus cleansing wipes to clean all handles/remote control/light switches etc in the cabin....just in case they have been overlooked. Always done it not because of this coronavirus

Digestive biscuits

Wipes are essential.

You can get digestives in the buffet with the cheese biscuits, if I haven't already been there filling my pockets and taking them back to the cabin with my late night hot chocolate... 

Washing sheets are the way to go, no risk of mess. 

Night light. 

Andy 

22 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Wipes are essential.

You can get digestives in the buffet with the cheese biscuits, if I haven't already been there filling my pockets and taking them back to the cabin with my late night hot chocolate... 

Washing sheets are the way to go, no risk of mess. 

Night light. 

Andy 

ah washing sheets. Where can I get these?

Magnetic hooks and clips which fix to the cabin wall to hold hats etc and assorted pieces of info like Horizon.  There is very little “put down space” in cabins & it’s good to have easy access to some things

Clock with a very luminous face.

4 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

Concentrated odour neutraliser, eg Fresh Drop, for the bathroom - essential when many people are using such a small space.

Motion sensitive yellow light nightlight, as above

hehehe

gotta love that one. Never thought of that at all

One thing not mentioned so far is the hot brush my wife takes, even with only one good arm she does a creditable job of styling her hair, and is happy with the on board hair dryer.  

Not sure if adaptors have been discussed but we take a couple of small multi purpose adaptors, mainly for US or European sockets where they exist, plus a 3 pin plug with a 2 pin shaver socket so I can charge my shaver, I have never yet found a ship or hotel bathroom 2 pin socket that my shaver plug will fit.

I always pack a small first aid kit containg headache tablets, antiseptic cream, plasters, antihistamine cream in case of bites or stings, diocalm and dulcolax (because you never know ) I also make sure never to forget the shoe horn and clothes brush and sewing kit with scissors. 

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

No, but dunked, they all taste the same..😊 

In all seriousness, I should take biscuits as it is the one thing I really miss. 

Andy 

Andy....seeing as we are on the same cruise in April I know where to come if I run out of bikkys....I will just follow the biscuit crumb trail to your cabin 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, eddie11 said:

An umbrella - hopefully never used

i had this conversation with my hubby about ponchos. Since we are going to Florida after the cruise I have to make two lists but I’m hoping that they will be similar so I don’t have as much work. 

he just said we’ll just get wet. Takes up too much space. He’s not even the one carrying anything! 

Do you think we would need a brolly in canaries?