What are you packing? (Not clothes)

Vampiress88

We take imitation candles bought from the big cheap shops (on dear now I will be classed as one of those bringing P&O down). They use the flat batteries and can be bought in packs. We usually put one of two on the desk and the same in the bathroom and they normally last the two weeks. The small ones are fine for us but you can buy different sizes.

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

The 2 pin sockets in the bathroom are the thin pin European ones, most UK shavers have the thicker pins.

Thanks terrierjohn thought it was something like that ... I’ve got the toothbrush adapter 3pin plug ready ! 😂

22 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't take any food items at all. I've enough trouble trying to keep the weight off on a cruise as it is.😆

I agree and have the same problem Adawn47!😪

We do though take a couple of reusable plastic bottles with carbon filters attached.  We drink a lot of water and find the tap water is perfectly drinkable when run through these after storing in the fridge. 

10 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

We do though take a couple of reusable plastic bottles with carbon filters attached.  We drink a lot of water and find the tap water is perfectly drinkable when run through these after storing in the fridge. 

I never thought of that. We just boil the kettle  and when the water's cool we bottle it and store in  the 'fridge. Tastes fine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SeaJane said:

Now purchased - thanks!

On 2/4/2020 at 3:33 PM, KnowTheScore said:

Just buy bright yellow suitcases (Samsonite do plenty).   You can spot these from a mile away even as you come down the escalator into the baggage hall.   No messing.

I once saw suitcases with huge glittery pompoms tied to the handle

2 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

No no no

- or, yes, of course you can use them but dispose of them in the bin, never flush.  The system on board just can’t deal with anything more than human waste and the special, flimsy toilet paper supplied

good to know. 
we went last year but I can’t remember what we did. We have young kids which is why these things are god sends at home

Great lists so far. Having put up with toilet problems for 4 days due to blockages in the system on our deck I would also agree not flushing toilet wipes (or any wipes) is important to note.

My additional list is: box tissues, free standing air fresheners (lavender), blutac, thank you cards, washing net, super glue, washing tablets with built in softener (these are powder based, not liquid, non bio and come from Aldi), two different coloured highlighters to pick out entertainment for each of us on the events paper, rubber gloves, backpacks, bag to carry items around on sea days to prevent trips back to cabin, small packs tissues.

I have a list on my iPad in the notes page and add to this whenever I see a good idea on this forum. This way I remember everything for the next trip. Thanks to all for extra ideas.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 1:58 PM, Vampiress88 said:

Question 

straws. Are they the new cardboard ones?

Vampiress, wrong thread I realise but just looking at the CP I notice that our black tie nights are 5th April, 13th April and 16th April, if you have not already discovered this, all the others are shown as evening casual.

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Vampiress, wrong thread I realise but just looking at the CP I notice that our black tie nights are 5th April, 13th April and 16th April, if you have not already discovered this, all the others are shown as evening casual.

awesome John thank you. 
I went onto it at 11am and mine are all still blank! 
I had to try and figure out where I was to book my Disney passes but it never said anything different. That helps me plan a bit more. 

do have a question for you though cos you’ll probably know. The gala menu that I’ve seen is that on a specific night like a formal night? 

Just seen elsewhere that someone takes a tea pot onboard to make a proper cup of tea... 

A suggestion in response was to order room service pot of tea for 2 on the first day, then keep the tea pot, obviously making sure the cabin steward does not remove it. 

Good idea I thought.. 

Andy 

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

awesome John thank you. 
I went onto it at 11am and mine are all still blank! 
I had to try and figure out where I was to book my Disney passes but it never said anything different. That helps me plan a bit more. 

do have a question for you though cos you’ll probably know. The gala menu that I’ve seen is that on a specific night like a formal night? 
Yes, it varies but there are normally 2 Marco Pierre White gala dinners on 2 of the formal nights.  I think we mentioned this before that as well as the MPW selection s there are always some others on the menu, and the always available dishes will still be available.  So there is plenty of options.

8 hours ago, Ukulele girl said:

Great lists so far. Having put up with toilet problems for 4 days due to blockages in the system on our deck I would also agree not flushing toilet wipes (or any wipes) is important to note.

My additional list is: box tissues, free standing air fresheners (lavender), blutac, thank you cards, washing net, super glue, washing tablets with built in softener (these are powder based, not liquid, non bio and come from Aldi), two different coloured highlighters to pick out entertainment for each of us on the events paper, rubber gloves, backpacks, bag to carry items around on sea days to prevent trips back to cabin, small packs tissues.

I have a list on my iPad in the notes page and add to this whenever I see a good idea on this forum. This way I remember everything for the next trip. Thanks to all for extra ideas.

Blinkin 'eck again!  Thought you were going on holiday?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just seen elsewhere that someone takes a tea pot onboard to make a proper cup of tea... 

A suggestion in response was to order room service pot of tea for 2 on the first day, then keep the tea pot, obviously making sure the cabin steward does not remove it. 

Good idea I thought.. 

Andy 

Now I know what to do. That was what I said I wanted P&O to introduce. I did vaguely think about taking one, but thought it was going too far. I ended up buying a lot of Costa last cruise. 

• Like 1

Never thought to bring any of these things! 
Certainly never going to use the laundry on a ship other than sending stuff there to be done for me but can understand why you would if you have children.

Edited by Deeliteful