MedallionClass app on Samsung Galaxy S8+

Buckeye10640

Is this a recent download? There were earlier reports of issues with Samsung phones but then a new download resulted in an app that installed fine. Might have to do with the version of Android running on your phone. If this is something you downloaded previously try doing it again. When you go to the download page it should tell you if it's compatible with your device.

image.png.6b5147439fd46f3b168c146272268dfb.png

image.png.5e34bb9c7523d7b57a065a6a4a77acc4.png

Phone is running Android 10. Tablet is running Nougat (Android 7).

Earlier thread located here:

Edited by Thrak

The only issue I now have with my Ssmsung9+ is that I have to get the medallion at the pier. BUT I'm trying to get it for a B2B where the other 2 in the room are only on the 1st half and this is the 1st medallion cruise for the Grand. There wasn't an issue getting my info pulled forward from the last 2 medallion cruises (Caribbean Princess in July and Royal Princess in October). Once info is loaded all subsequent cruises are simple 

On 2/3/2020 at 8:16 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

Anyone successfully installed the Medallion app on a Galaxy S8+ ?  It downloads from the PlayStore and then just says 'Cant install MedallionClass' with no clues as to why not. 

After reading this, I tested the app on a Galaxy S8+ for you...

It worked fine.  No problem for me.

But, I did see on Google Play that the app was updated on 03-February, and this is a comment:

"WHAT'S NEW

Fixed an issue where some guests could not install the latest update."

>>>> I deleted all the apps except Ocean Ready in anticipation of the 'new and improved'  Medallion Class App which was supposed to be here last week.

Does this mean that you no longer need any of those "auxilliary" apps (Ocean Ready, Ocean View, etc.)?  All you need is the main app now?  I jumped through all kinds of hoops last year until I got those extra apps downloaded!  Thankfully I was still in New York harbor and could switch back and forth between the ship wifi and 4G data to get everything downloaded.