I'm taking the tux baby!

jrbeccles

Just booked the Enchanted Princess for 12/20. First time back on a Princess ship since 2012 - booked because of sip and sail and pre paid tips, and brand new ship . Last two times on Princess (2011 and 2012) the DW really dressed up and I bought and wore a tux. I've read all of the posts of "formal" versus "smart casual" but since its Princess and assuming my tux still fits (and that's a BIG assumption) I am taking and wearing it on the two formal nights.  We are big NCL fans and therefore keen on smart casual, but DW has spoken saying its dress up time on this cruise. So if I stand out as the only guy wearing a tuxedo so be it - I'll be fantasizing my life as a '00 agent with a license to drink martinis! 

• Like 23
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, jrbeccles said:

Just booked the Enchanted Princess for 12/20. First time back on a Princess ship since 2012 - booked because of sip and sail and pre paid tips, and brand new ship . Last two times on Princess (2011 and 2012) the DW really dressed up and I bought and wore a tux. I've read all of the posts of "formal" versus "smart casual" but since its Princess and assuming my tux still fits (and that's a BIG assumption) I am taking and wearing it on the two formal nights.  We are big NCL fans and therefore keen on smart casual, but DW has spoken saying its dress up tim.e on this cruise. So if I stand out as the only guy wearing a tuxedo so be it - I'll be fantasizing my life as a '00 agent with a license to drink martinis! 

Awesome. You won't be the only one in a tux,

• Like 5

You will fit right in!!!

We always travel with a 'Formal' Bag. Has Gowns and Black Jacket as well as White Dinner Jacket. DW always says how much she likes how I look dressed up, but really she is the one that looks, well.... fantastic.

Jim😎

• Like 6

Good for you, jrbeccles and Jim of jeanandjim ! 

I think I will show your posts to my DH to encourage him to dress for formal night(s). If enough of us keep to the tradition of dressing up for formal nights, it may cause others to do the same making those evenings like they used to be on cruises.

I may say this “Let’s make formal nights great again !”.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jrbeccles said:

Just booked the Enchanted Princess for 12/20. First time back on a Princess ship since 2012 - booked because of sip and sail and pre paid tips, and brand new ship . Last two times on Princess (2011 and 2012) the DW really dressed up and I bought and wore a tux. I've read all of the posts of "formal" versus "smart casual" but since its Princess and assuming my tux still fits (and that's a BIG assumption) I am taking and wearing it on the two formal nights.  We are big NCL fans and therefore keen on smart casual, but DW has spoken saying its dress up time on this cruise. So if I stand out as the only guy wearing a tuxedo so be it - I'll be fantasizing my life as a '00 agent with a license to drink martinis! 

Great way to make your DW happy.  Wear it with pride. No one has ever said not to wear your tux.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

I sure am, and I'm taking my tux ...

can I interest you in a date  😉

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

I've seen you in the tux; you can have my entire dance card for life ❤

Hey you too!  Get a room!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Hey you too!  Get a room!

sorry Ferd, as the time of departure draws closer I find myself (that's my inner child) giddy with anticipation of what's to be  🤗

You have a fine day sir 🙂

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jrbeccles said:

You may not be the only one. Most will probably think you just got married.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, jrbeccles said:

Bravo! My husband feels the same way and every man looks dashing in a tux. We have a blast on formal nights.

• Like 4