picures of obstucted view balcony cabins E304 & 442 on Sky Princess??

senior lady

Just received a free upgrade to these cabins.   The ship is so new that there aren't many pictures online.   We had a lengthwise inside so I'm happy with this.  It's a port intensive cruise to the Baltic, so won't be much time to enjoy the small balcony anyways......... just curious.

Thanks

No it isn’t; it is very different from Regal. We were in E526 on Sky, and I assumed it was the same as Regal. The top of the life boat was even with the balcony rail. To see anything you have to stand up and look over the obstruction. Possibly your cabins fall between boats for a better view. However, the balcony felt very private and was definitely better than an inside.

When looking at the diagrams of the Sky Princess where the obstructed balconies are located, pay very close attention to the little tiny drawings of the actual boats hanging on the sides. There are two different kinds, that is reflected in the details of the teeny drawings. One kind is a more significant obstacle than the other.  When I pick out an obstructed balcony I pick a room that looks out on the one that has the lower profile. ( I don't know the correct terms for these two different boats, but I think one kind are life rafts, and the other are tender boats. Whatever - there are two different kinds). 

We recently sailed on the Sky, in cabin E515. The obstruction was very easy to live with - a flat orange surface just beyond our balcony that came up to just beneath the top of our balcony rail. Just a few cabins down from us were the other kind of boats, and their obstruction was more significant because those boats have a higher, larger mass of area that comes up above the balconies to block the view.  Also watch out for the white mechanical 'thingees" that are between all the orange boats that hold the boats up and lower them down. Try to avoid them as they are also tall and obstructive. 

How many of the lower and higher profile orange boats even differs from port side to starboard on the Sky. Going by memory, one side has 2 or 3, and the other side has just one. Something like that - anyway, the two sides do not exactly match each other, so just pay attention to the details of the drawings and pick a cabin that is over the smaller, lower profile boat.

Use the deck diagrams for the Sky. The Regal is slightly different.

Pictures from E515 obstructed balcony on Sky Princess:

image.png.71369a675f5b041e5c5979dd2a47847c.png

image.png.de5c4712f8d607705f556d260ef455d2.png

Thank you for your description WoodstockGirl.  I took E304 and it looks like it is the same type of lifeboat that your cabin had?

As I said, it's a port intensive cruise so probably won't get that much use of the balcony anyway.

But saying that I'm glad we have one after reading about all the poor people on the Diamond Princess that are under quarantine and have to stay in their cabins.