Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Mytravellove

Shareholder's OBC

Recommended Posts

I'm curious about one thing and hoping someone might have experience.     I have 3 bookings made prior to the June 1, 2019 deadline while on-board.     I have since re-booked after the June 1 date but using the original booking number.  

 

Would these qualify or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm curious about one thing and hoping someone might have experience.     I have 3 bookings made prior to the June 1, 2019 deadline while on-board.     I have since re-booked after the June 1 date but using the original booking number.  

 

Would these qualify or not?

 

No  I had that situation.  It's the original booking date on the reservation.  If the original booking was before June 1, 2019 you can expect to be denied if you have any perks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

 

You know there is no way they can enforce that since they're not going to check after they apply it, even if you get it right before sailing. And the form says "at least 2-3 weeks prior to sailing." It does not say "no more than 2-3 weeks prior to sailing". 

 

I'm not suggesting that people sell their stock after getting it, but telling people not to apply until after final payment isn't helpful. Better to do it now and not forget about it. I'm going to submit my Royal Caribbean cruise in September.

 

Personally, I am thrilled that they did this(and had not heard until I found this thread). The shareholder offer for Royal used to be worthless, but fortunately their stock did well  Carnival was much more liberal with theirs.

That's fine, I just try to be honest and do it the right way.  to each his own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

That's fine, I just try to be honest and do it the right way.  to each his own

 

But once again, the "right way" is to go by their rules. And their rules do not say that you need to wait until final payment, or even 2-3 weeks before the cruise. But we can agree to disagree.

Edited by MisterBill99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Ok found the survey method https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com

 

This is what my question was about.   I've used the email method for years.

 

I believe this is new as I'm very familiar with the FAQ and had not seen this option before.

Thank you so much for posting this.  I did not know you could do this on-line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

 

But once again, the "right way" is to go by their rules. And their rules do not say that you need to wait until final payment, or even 2-3 weeks before the cruise. But we can agree to disagree.

But the rules do say that one must own the stock at the time of sailing, and no one can guarantee that they will still own the stock six months or a year or longer from now.  No one knows what the future holds.  We will definitely agree to disagree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

But the rules do say that one must own the stock at the time of sailing, and no one can guarantee that they will still own the stock six months or a year or longer from now.  No one knows what the future holds.  We will definitely agree to disagree 

 

I got approved on 28 June 2019 for OBC for a cruise that departs on 8 May 2021.  I've never been requested to reconfirm my share holdings just prior to the cruise. 

 

There are three ways to request the shareholder OBC.  Do what makes you feel warm and fuzzy. 🍷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm curious about one thing and hoping someone might have experience.     I have 3 bookings made prior to the June 1, 2019 deadline while on-board.     I have since re-booked after the June 1 date but using the original booking number.  

 

Would these qualify or not?

We are on your Equinox sailing in March.  I was pretty excited to see that I might finally get shareholder credit like we have been getting with CCL for years.  I emailed in the form and documents on Wed.  I received a confirmation email from Celebrity that it was received.  I was delighted to see an email from Celebrity this morning until I saw that I had been denied.  I went to the link provided and the only thing I can find that would apply is that our reservation was made in Jan 2019.  Since you frequently get different answers from different people at Celebrity, I’m wondering if it’s worth trying again next week.

8BD51051-45AD-4757-8227-B6694D670E1F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing stops you from re-submitting but if you have any other Celebrity promos like the perks (even though you pay for them in the cruise fare) you should be denied per the rules.   Only bookings made after June 1, 2019 are eligible to combine with other promos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

 

We are on your Equinox sailing in March.  I was pretty excited to see that I might finally get shareholder credit like we have been getting with CCL for years.  I emailed in the form and documents on Wed.  I received a confirmation email from Celebrity that it was received.  I was delighted to see an email from Celebrity this morning until I saw that I had been denied.  I went to the link provided and the only thing I can find that would apply is that our reservation was made in Jan 2019.  Since you frequently get different answers from different people at Celebrity, I’m wondering if it’s worth trying again next week.

8BD51051-45AD-4757-8227-B6694D670E1F.jpeg

You can always try again, but I do not think it will help.  The new benefit is for bookings made after June 2019, not before.  If you made the reservation in January of 2019, it is not eligible,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

But the rules do say that one must own the stock at the time of sailing, and no one can guarantee that they will still own the stock six months or a year or longer from now.  No one knows what the future holds.  We will definitely agree to disagree 

 

You could submit it two weeks before sailing and have already sold it the day after the statement closed. So waiting for almost the last minute is no guarantee that you still own the stock. There is no way they can verify that you still own it no matter when you submit it. 

 

I've had discussions like this with someone on the Holland America board who also claimed that you needed to submit it 2-3 weeks before instead of what the terms actually said. You do what you want and the rest of us will go by the stated terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

You can always try again, but I do not think it will help.  The new benefit is for bookings made after June 2019, not before.  If you made the reservation in January of 2019, it is not eligible,.

 

We agree on this one. This reservation is still under the old terms which means no perks or anything else on the reservation. Submitting again won't help unless someone makes a mistake and approves it.

Edited by MisterBill99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

 

You could submit it two weeks before sailing and have already sold it the day after the statement closed. So waiting for almost the last minute is no guarantee that you still own the stock. There is no way they can verify that you still own it no matter when you submit it. 

 

I've had discussions like this with someone on the Holland America board who also claimed that you needed to submit it 2-3 weeks before instead of what the terms actually said. You do what you want and the rest of us will go by the stated terms.

And you do what you want and I will be honest and follow the rules.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

 

We are on your Equinox sailing in March.  I was pretty excited to see that I might finally get shareholder credit like we have been getting with CCL for years.  I emailed in the form and documents on Wed.  I received a confirmation email from Celebrity that it was received.  I was delighted to see an email from Celebrity this morning until I saw that I had been denied.  I went to the link provided and the only thing I can find that would apply is that our reservation was made in Jan 2019.  Since you frequently get different answers from different people at Celebrity, I’m wondering if it’s worth trying again next week.

8BD51051-45AD-4757-8227-B6694D670E1F.jpeg

 

I think the key for you is the date you booked the cruise.    If before June 2019 you probably will get another rejection if booked after then you should qualify.

 

I am in much of the same situation regarding many of the cruises I have booked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was concerned because we booked Feb 22nd, 2020 on May 28th, 2019 that we would not get it so I waited until late January to request it, BINGO another $100 in OBC appears then got a confirmation email, whew!!

 

BonVoyage

Dawna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CruisinDawn said:

I was concerned because we booked Feb 22nd, 2020 on May 28th, 2019 that we would not get it so I waited until late January to request it, BINGO another $100 in OBC appears then got a confirmation email, whew!!

 

 

Sounds like you got lucky!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

 

Sounds like you got lucky!

Unless they booked with no perks which is possible.  But I have been lucky once or twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone tell me if they got an email approval/denial when they used the online survey method to apply?   I've always used the email process in the past and would get an automated email immediately confirming receipt then later an email with approved/denied.

 

I filled out the survey form online the other day and I've received nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OBC was added today.  Only way I know is that I received a new Guest Invoice which is weird as my reservation is with a TA and Celebrity shouldn't be sending these to me directly.  So far no email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 12:23 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Can someone tell me if they got an email approval/denial when they used the online survey method to apply?   I've always used the email process in the past and would get an automated email immediately confirming receipt then later an email with approved/denied.

 

I filled out the survey form online the other day and I've received nothing.

I submitted 5 using the online survey and got rejected on all of them 10 days later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just confirming -  I submitted a request yesterday using the portal  and up until now have received nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 7:24 AM, Phxazzcruisers said:

There is actually a form to fill out on line and attach the brokerage statement as an attachment.  Very easy to do.  No emailing required

 

How do you redact your sensitive information (such as the account number)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, critterchick said:

 

How do you redact your sensitive information (such as the account number)?

I black marker over the account info and scan it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, critterchick said:

 

How do you redact your sensitive information (such as the account number)?

I use the markup tool on Acrobat Pro and cut it out.   Others have printed used a felt pen and then rescanned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, critterchick said:

 

How do you redact your sensitive information (such as the account number)?

I print out the report, or if you get in in the mail follwo the same.  I then black out the information such as account number, other shares in the account and any total $$$ not pertaining solely to the RCCL stock portion.  I then scan the document and send it with all of the non required and confidentail information blacked out.  I hope this helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...