Great Stirrup Cay v. Coco Cay

Hello all - I am seeking information for possible first time Norwegian cruises.  My family has done Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and we love Coco Cay.  For those who have visited both private islands, how do they compare?  Any photos of Great Stirrup Cay?  We have a 12 and 9 year old.  Any info will be greatly appreciated.  TIA!!!!!

15 minutes ago, Shimsdan said:

Hello all - I am seeking information for possible first time Norwegian cruises.  My family has done Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and we love Coco Cay.  For those who have visited both private islands, how do they compare?  Any photos of Great Stirrup Cay?  We have a 12 and 9 year old.  Any info will be greatly appreciated.  TIA!!!!!

Is the Coco Cay you love before or after Perfect Day? If it's before Perfect Day then they're quite similar - they are islands right next to each other after all - and the atmosphere and activities and food were practically the same too. The biggest difference I noted was GSC has a bit more rocks in the water while Coco has a bit more seaweed type stuff in areas. 

But if you loved the pier, giant pool, water park Coco Cay then it isn't really similar at all to GSC. 

10 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Is the Coco Cay you love before or after Perfect Day? If it's before Perfect Day then they're quite similar - they are islands right next to each other after all - and the atmosphere and activities and food were practically the same too. The biggest difference I noted was GSC has a bit more rocks in the water while Coco has a bit more seaweed type stuff in areas. 

But if you loved the pier, giant pool, water park Coco Cay then it isn't really similar at all to GSC. 

LOL - it is the Coco Cay post Perfect Day, with all the bells and whistles.  smplybcause, thanks for your response!

I love GSC. You mentioned this was your 1st Norwegian Cruise. Just be aware that unlike CocoCay, there is no dock. GSC is a tender port and is frequently missed due to weather and currents outside of NCL control. For me, I'm like 3 for 7 attempts at tendering. Just don't book the cruise expecting to go to GSC because you could end up disappointed. If you do make it and the weather is nice, it is a wonderful day.