Trouble obtaining late port docking proof from MSC

BeachFace

I've come to you all because you are the experts and I cannot be the only person who has had trouble with this! I have been trying for four months now to obtain proof from MSC that our ship docked late in Nassau, which caused us to miss a non-refundable third party shore excursion. This is the only piece left that I need for the claim that I entered with our third party travel insurer. On my first call to MSC they said that they must e-mail the ship to get back record of late docking and that would be forwarded to my e-mail. "They're pretty good about it and it should take a week." No dice. Second call to them they had record of my first call and I was essentially told the same thing. "We'll e-mail the ship. Takes about a week." Nope. I called again today, they had no record of my first two requests and I politely asked why proof couldn't come from their main Miami office. This docking info is obviously on file there somewhere! "That's not how it works." A few weeks ago I also used their general 'contact' form on the main website, but if you've dealt with MSC then you know that form goes into a black hole. Has anyone ever been successful with obtaining this type of info from a cruise line in order to file a claim with third party insurance? That's why I bought the dang insurance in the first place, as I always do when we cruise. But I get that my request is just extra work for MSC and in no way revenue producing for them.

Thanks cruisin' crew!