Should I be concerned about noise level in cabin R333 on Riviera deck on Ruby?

hypechick

We are booked in cabins R333 and R337 BC for an Alaska cruise this summer.  I'm a first time cruiser so I'm hoping someone can help me out.  It looks like Riviera is the deck below the pool and spa.  I see folks warning against staying below those areas.  Can anyone who has stayed in these cabins offer their opinion on how good/bad their experience was?  

I haven't stayed in those particular cabins, but did stay on a different ship under the Lido deck about where you are, and the noise was terrible for us.  Moving deck chairs at all hours of the night and crew doing cleaning.  Did it once and have never done it again.😞

1 hour ago, hypechick said:

We are booked in cabins R333 and R337 BC for an Alaska cruise this summer.  I'm a first time cruiser so I'm hoping someone can help me out.  It looks like Riviera is the deck below the pool and spa.  I see folks warning against staying below those areas.  Can anyone who has stayed in these cabins offer their opinion on how good/bad their experience was?  

We were in R333 on the Crown, a sister ship to the Ruby.  I thought it would be the last cruise I would ever take as I was just miserable!!  The noise was ever present and unbearable ... right under the grill area and we could hear footsteps at all hours of the day and night.  Security walks around right overhead throughout the night with hard soled shoes.  You will also be awakened to the sound of the crew setting up the pool lounges ... they drop a stack right over head.  And then, there is the constant chair scraping from the tables for the grill.  I'd have gladly moved to an inside cabin ... on one of the bowels of the ship had they had one available for us to move into.  My advice, and you will probably thank me for this ... move up further forward on that deck so you are under the Lido deck rooms of move down to the Aloha deck.  The location is great being next to the pool ... just not in that area on the Riviera decks.  

Funny thing is, we met some people that were in the suites they also have on that deck.  They, too, were complaining about the constant noise.  If you have a hearing deficit, these would be fine rooms, but if not ... you will lose a lot of sleep!  That doesn't sound relaxing to me.  

BTW, we did get a quite generous credit to return to Princess and we chose the same ship, but picked our room more carefully.  So glad we did ... it was one of the best cruises we'd been on.  I think sleep was the factor making all the difference in the world.  We've probably been on 30+ sailings since that one and glad we didn't decide to stop cruising after that bad experience.  

• Like 1

We were on the Ruby for the August 24, 2019  Alaska cruise. We took an Upsell for a Penthouse Suite mid-deck on the Riviera Deck. (Cabin 405 or 415 - I don’t remember which). We knew going into it we were under the pool. But...we thought how much noise will there be by the pool when the temperatures are in the 50s?  Well, we were wrong!  It was very chilly that week and very few people used the pool but it was still noisy!  Starting around 7:00 a.m. there were  carts constantly being rolled across the deck above us. Now, I did not hear this after dinner but we did hear is all day. Why in the world would they design a ship with suites under the pool?  Did it ruin our cruise...absolutely not! Did we complain? No!  Would we take a cabin or suite under the pool deck again?  Probably not.  And by the way, this Alaskan cruise on the Ruby was one of our favorite cruises out of 26+!

• Like 1