Which hotel is the best for one night pre-cruise for Cape Liberty?

ace123

3 of us will arrive EWR on Saturday late afternoon.

We'll have dinner after arrival in EWR.

Here are our choices for hotel:

1. Courtyard Newark Liberty International,

2. Springhill Suites Newark Liberty,

3. Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty,

4. Residence Inn Newark,

5. Courtyard Newark Elizabeth

Which one would be the best for us in terms of safety, easy to get to and to go to Cape Liberty?

Do they offer pick up from EWR or shuttle to Cape Liberty?

Thanks a lot for your comment.

Edited by ace123

12 hours ago, ace123 said:

3 of us will arrive EWR on Saturday late afternoon.

We'll have dinner after arrival in EWR.

Here are our choices for hotel:

1. Courtyard Newark Liberty International,

2. Springhill Suites Newark Liberty,

3. Fairfield Inn & Suites Newark Liberty,

4. Residence Inn Newark,

5. Courtyard Newark Elizabeth

Which one would be the best for us in terms of safety, easy to get to and to go to Cape Liberty?

Do they offer pick up from EWR or shuttle to Cape Liberty?

Thanks a lot for your comment.

All the hotels offer shuttles from the P4 Airtrain Station.  https://www.newarkairport.com/static/ewr/pdf/ewr-airtrain-brochure-english.pdf

None of these hotels offer a shuttle to Cape Liberty.  Uber/Lyft has become the most cost effective way to get to Cape Liberty.

Courtyard Newark, Springhill Suites, and Fairfield Inn are in the same isolated complex on the north side of the airport.  The only restaurant is in the Courtyard.  Springhill and Fairfield only offer free breakfast.

Residence Inn and Courtyard Elizabeth are on International Blvd in Elizabeth next to the Jersey Gardens Mall. Residence Inn has free breakfast.  Courtyard has a restaurant.  Ruby Tuesday’s and IHOP are very close walk.  In the Mall Applebee’s, Johnny Rockets, Chili’s and the mall food court offer lots of food selections. Google ‘jersey gardens mall restaurants’

Safety - no issues

Easy to get to - all hotel shuttles leave from the P4 Airtrain station

The 3 Newark hotels are closest to the port.  The Elizabeth hotels are not much further away.  IMO distance from the port is not a significant factor when choosing one of these hotels.
My preferences would be Residence Inn, Courtyard Elizabeth, Courtyard Newark, Fairfield Inn, and Springhill Suites in that order.

• Like 1

A couple of years ago we stayed at the Embassy Suites on International Blvd. There is a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. When we checked into the hotel we made reservations for a shuttle the next morning to the port. I think there were 3 options for a pickup time. I thought the cost was reasonable, but not as inexpensive as Uber. I think it was $25/pp.

That evening there was a  free happy hour at the hotel and then we walked across the street for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. 

The next morning we had a leisurely, very good breakfast then boarded the last shuttle to the ship. It was a very easy experience. So much so, that we are doing the same thing this coming May for our Bermuda cruise. 

I am going to call the hotel before our cruise to make sure they still offer the shuttle to the port. Just in case!!

• 2 weeks later...

We're on RCCL's Adventure sailing on July 29th. We’re flying in to Newark the day before and will be spending the nt. We're not familiar with the area thus we need suggestions and advice regarding a hotel. We'll probable take Uber/Lyft to the cruise port the following morning. We're sailing with our 14yr old grandson, so it will be 3 of us. I know it’s several months away. Thanks for any advice you can give me. 

4 hours ago, Lmack said:

We're on RCCL's Adventure sailing on July 29th. We’re flying in to Newark the day before and will be spending the nt. We're not familiar with the area thus we need suggestions and advice regarding a hotel. We'll probable take Uber/Lyft to the cruise port the following morning. We're sailing with our 14yr old grandson, so it will be 3 of us. I know it’s several months away. Thanks for any advice you can give me. 

What’s your hotel budget?  Bed size requirements?  What time do you arrive?  Dinner requirements?

We arrive on Jul 28 at 2:00pm at Newark Airport. We'll need 2 beds - full or queen size. Since our 14yr grandson will b with us, we don't need any fancy restaurants. We would prefer a hotel near the airport - complimentary shuttle or in walking distance if possible. Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

1 minute ago, Lmack said:

We arrive on Jul 28 at 2:00pm at Newark Airport. We'll need 2 beds - full or queen size. Since our 14yr grandson will b with us, we don't need any fancy restaurants. We would prefer a hotel near the airport - complimentary shuttle or in walking distance if possible. Thanks for any suggestions or advice.

The problem with the EWR hotels is not “fancy” food.  It’s that many of them do not have restaurants at all even if they offer free breakfast and there are no  “chain” restaurants within walking distance.  The only hotels with restaurant choices are on International Blvd in Elizabeth next to the Jersey Gardens Mall.  Courtyard Elizabeth, Embassy Suites, Country Inns, and Residence Inn and these are running $200+ plus tax.

What is your realistic budget range?  

50 minutes ago, Lmack said:

Our price range though probably unrealistic would be about $150. Thanks for your suggestions.

All is not lost.  The Hilton Doubletree Newark Airport would come in just under $150 if you join Hilton Honors (free).  This hotel was recently refurbished and has food service.  Hilton Honors members get free WiFi.  It has a pool in the lobby. I stayed at this property about 10+ years ago when it was a Sheraton and liked it.  It is one of the closest airport hotels to the port and offers a free hotel shuttle from the P4 Airtrain Station.  The airtrain is accessible from each terminal via elevator or escalator to ride to P4.

There is nothing to do and nowhere to go in this area except next door to the Ramada, which also has food service.

Given your budget this could be a good choice.