Internet package onboard ventura

Vampiress88

I will need to use the internet I think and can’t quite work out which one I need. 

I need to access an app on my phone to book rides for my next holiday. Shouldn’t take that long to do I wouldn’t think  

it would be one of these below. Obviously I’d like to do the cheaper one but it just says internet messaging and social media. Would that mean I can’t get on my app? And would need the web browser one? 

I wasn’t going to get the internet at all which is why I haven’t looked at it before

• The Connect Package - Stay in touch with family and friends. £6.75 per 24 hours with a full Cruise Plan. £7.75 for a single 24 hour period (internet messaging, social media)

• The Browse Package - browse as you would usually (with the exception of video streaming), plus email and social networks. £12.50 per 24 hours with a full Cruise Plan (web browsing, email, internet messaging, social media). Voice and video calls using data, such as through Whatsapp/Snapchat, are not currently supported on the Browse Package.

Additional savings can be made on The Browse Package when purchased pre cruise – see ‘How to purchase Satellite Internet’ below for further details.

Total change of subject - apologies.

We chatted last year because we were both booked on Azura and the trip was cancelled and we were offered Ventura. We had both just done / were doing the Canaries so didn't really want Ventura with the same itinerary.

Does this mean you also swapped over to the Ventura one? I know you were trying for Britannia but it was more expensive. And, I am guessing that you are also going to Disney from your post above?? We have a house there 🙂 .

Tracey

Edited by jones721

11 minutes ago, jones721 said:

Total change of subject - apologies.

We chatted last year because we were both booked on Azura and the trip was cancelled and we were offered Ventura. We had both just done / were doing the Canaries so didn't really want Ventura with the same itinerary.

Does this mean you also swapped over to the Ventura one? I know you were trying for Britannia but it was more expensive. And, I am guessing that you are also going to Disney from your post above?? We have a house there 🙂 .

Tracey

hi yes. I had a few dealings with p&o and luckily they eventually understood. They said we could move the cruise round or/and said we cancel one/both cruises. We were going to do that and go to Florida again instead. Booked Florida but then the price for the ventura one for the school holidays seemed to good to give up. 

so we changed the azura Mediterranean for the ventura canaries and we cancelled the August one and are going back to Disney in May. 

mad to have two holidays 3 weeks apart but hey ho. 

but I have been strictly told now that I’m not allows to book any more holidays. Even tho I booked Iona next year. 
Hopefully hubby will lift the holiday ban. 

how did you get on. You’d already been to canaries recently hadn’t you? Not sure if I’m remembering correctly 

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I will need to use the internet I think and can’t quite work out which one I need. 

I need to access an app on my phone to book rides for my next holiday. Shouldn’t take that long to do I wouldn’t think  

it would be one of these below. Obviously I’d like to do the cheaper one but it just says internet messaging and social media. Would that mean I can’t get on my app? And would need the web browser one? 

I wasn’t going to get the internet at all which is why I haven’t looked at it before

• The Connect Package - Stay in touch with family and friends. £6.75 per 24 hours with a full Cruise Plan. £7.75 for a single 24 hour period (internet messaging, social media)

• The Browse Package - browse as you would usually (with the exception of video streaming), plus email and social networks. £12.50 per 24 hours with a full Cruise Plan (web browsing, email, internet messaging, social media). Voice and video calls using data, such as through Whatsapp/Snapchat, are not currently supported on the Browse Package.

Additional savings can be made on The Browse Package when purchased pre cruise – see ‘How to purchase Satellite Internet’ below for further details.

Another option if you don't want to buy a package is wait and do it in port there is often free wifi, ask any crew member and they will be able to tell you where

17 minutes ago, Elaine0138 said:

Another option if you don't want to buy a package is wait and do it in port there is often free wifi, ask any crew member and they will be able to tell you where

it’s cos the day I need it for we are at sea. And it can’t be done the day before as it only opens on the 16th. We are then not back on land till the 18th and unfortunately I may then be left with not very good times for the rides for Disney. 

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Having spoken to my daughter who is the same age as you she says that if you are going to purchase tickets you might need the extra works package. Yes you can "browse" the internet on the browse package but if you are actually purchasing you will need to connect with your bank which is an additional connection. Also the satellite connections are not very good at sea, you don't want to be half way through a transaction then lose the connection. It might be better to wait until you are back in port. 

We were on Ventura in December and we bought the browse package about 4 times on our cruise the other times we checked email in ports.

We need to check emails update our work calendar's so we need to log into various holiday rental sites to do this.

We read the papers online checked weather  etc etc. sent messages via WhatsApp even sent pictures. 

I can honestly say I had no complaints with the speed and used it all over the ship and wouldn't hesitate to buy or reccomend it.

Your 24 hours will start to countdown from the time you purchased it. So you could stagger it over a two day period 

36 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Having spoken to my daughter who is the same age as you she says that if you are going to purchase tickets you might need the extra works package. Yes you can "browse" the internet on the browse package but if you are actually purchasing you will need to connect with your bank which is an additional connection. Also the satellite connections are not very good at sea, you don't want to be half way through a transaction then lose the connection. It might be better to wait until you are back in port. 

it’s not the purchasing tickets I already have those. They are linked up to my account that I have an app for. 

what I need to do is book fastpasses for the days I am visiting Disney. These are so you can go through the quickest lane to get on the rides. Since I am going to Hollywood studios that day and that’s where all the new Star Wars rides are it will be one of the most difficult days to get. 

but I don’t know which of those two packages will do

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

it’s not the purchasing tickets I already have those. They are linked up to my account that I have an app for. 

what I need to do is book fastpasses for the days I am visiting Disney. These are so you can go through the quickest lane to get on the rides. Since I am going to Hollywood studios that day and that’s where all the new Star Wars rides are it will be one of the most difficult days to get. 

If you are quick online, they also seem to do a one per min.

Pay As You Go - a flexible alternative to a 24 hour package. 65p per minute (To help keep an eye on costs, we’ll automatically log you out after 30 minutes)

2 minutes ago, davemorton said:

If you are quick online, they also seem to do a one per min.

Pay As You Go - a flexible alternative to a 24 hour package. 65p per minute (To help keep an eye on costs, we’ll automatically log you out after 30 minutes)

yes I thought that also but I’m not sure how quick I can be. 30mins would cost nearly £20!

15 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

The Browse Package will let you access websites as you would normally do at home (albeit slower - a bit like the old dial-up internet). We've had that the last few years and accessed everything that we normally would except for streaming (e.g. uTube videos or similar). I'm pretty certain that this package will let you make the booking that you require.

As you will be buying a 24 hour pass timing can make a big difference in terms of making the most of it. Presumably the Disney website will be working on Eastern Standard Time so will be around 5 hours behind GMT (no time difference in the Canaries).

5 minutes ago, DamianG said:

The Browse Package will let you access websites as you would normally do at home (albeit slower - a bit like the old dial-up internet). We've had that the last few years and accessed everything that we normally would except for streaming (e.g. uTube videos or similar). I'm pretty certain that this package will let you make the booking that you require.

As you will be buying a 24 hour pass timing can make a big difference in terms of making the most of it. Presumably the Disney website will be working on Eastern Standard Time so will be around 5 hours behind GMT (no time difference in the Canaries).

it opens at 12pm when here in uk I know that one from last time. 

we will be in Lisbon on 15th April which is the first day I need to book. The second is 16th April which is a sea day. 

Will Lisbon be a different time too? 

I hate paying £12.50 for internet and I definitely would normally not bother but I think I need to. It’ll cost me more in time at Disney wasting on standing in queues. 

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

we will be in Lisbon on 15th April which is the first day I need to book. The second is 16th April which is a sea day. 

I hate paying £12.50 for internet and I definitely would normally not bother but I think I need to. It’ll cost me more in time at Disney wasting on standing in queues. 

Yes, Lisbon is in the same time zone (GMT) as the UK.

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Lisbon is the same time as the UK.

I think your last paragraph is the answer to your internet conundrum 😀

1 minute ago, dunnster1965 said:

Lisbon is the same time as the UK.

I think your last paragraph is the answer to your internet conundrum 😀

oh yeah I know I will have to buy one. 

was hoping I could get away with the £7.75 one. Then buy hubby a glass of wine with the rest. Saves my ears then from listening to him moan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Lisbon is the same time zone as the UK. I'm not certain but I think the lowest priced package does not allow e mails if you need to send a confirmation e mail.

12 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Lisbon is the same time zone as the UK. I'm not certain but I think the lowest priced package does not allow e mails if you need to send a confirmation e mail.

no emails. Just an app. 

You just click on the time and it says booked. 

Could be done through webpages too but I find the app easier. 

6DD64244-4F85-4E3C-AE4E-2970F7E7BE29.png

Edited by Vampiress88

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Fast pass was fairly new when we were last there in 2010, and smart phones weren't yet on my agenda, and I probably thought app was short for apple. 

😂 did you not do the paper ones? They were out in 06,07,08 when we went. They upgraded to digital and I had to learn all the tricks for last year. 

I don’t like waiting in a line with my kids in the heat. They are annoying enough on their own without adding to it

On 2/6/2020 at 7:08 PM, Vampiress88 said:

😂 did you not do the paper ones? They were out in 06,07,08 when we went. They upgraded to digital and I had to learn all the tricks for last year. 

I don’t like waiting in a line with my kids in the heat. They are annoying enough on their own without adding to it

First time we went you could buy part used tickets saved us a fortune than they did away with that till you get to now very expensive but worth it, the fast pass was useful but a bit of forward planing we barely used them, but the best for us was the single rider pass you can jump the line assuming you don’t mind sitting with strangers.

53 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

First time we went you could buy part used tickets saved us a fortune than they did away with that till you get to now very expensive but worth it, the fast pass was useful but a bit of forward planing we barely used them, but the best for us was the single rider pass you can jump the line assuming you don’t mind sitting with strangers.

I don’t mind but my kids wouldn’t be happy with that as they only little. 

we use a touring plan and it reduces wait loads. It still much easier with fastpasses now too. Especially as you can get them on the day with the app. 

It is definitely worth it. Although I’m not sure we will be going again for a while. I’m currently on a ban. I’ve booked too many holiday 

21 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

I don’t mind but my kids wouldn’t be happy with that as they only little. 

we use a touring plan and it reduces wait loads. It still much easier with fastpasses now too. Especially as you can get them on the day with the app. 

It is definitely worth it. Although I’m not sure we will be going again for a while. I’m currently on a ban. I’ve booked too many holiday 

Ours have grown up and did a runner Just waiting for them to offer to pay for us to go, but saying that we now do a week at Orlando and one at the beach.