Damajagua Falls

Teibban

Hi everyone,

We are looking at doing the Damajagua Falls and Monkeyland tour with Carnival. I have a few questions about the falls:

1- We have someone a little bit afraid of jumping. Do you have to jump at all the falls of you can take a ladder at each of them if the person does not feel like jumping? I read somewhere that the first one jump is mandatory.

2- how deep is the water. You have life jacket but just wondering as we would have a 8yrs old kid with us.

Thanks

If I remember correctly there is either a ladder or slide option at each of the ones with a jump option.  I am afraid of heights and honestly the largest jump was the only one that had me very nervous and the ladder option looked scarier than just jumping.  Only personal opinion though.

The water is pretty deep in some of the areas (or was when we were there December 2018).  I am 5'4" and there were definitely some areas I couldn't touch the bottom.  Some of the pools below the higher jumps (obviously you don't want to hit the bottom) and a stretch between a couple of the falls required swimming/floating.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion through Marysol Tours and it was awesome!   Each jump has a ladder with a handrail in case you want to take the alternate route.  The last jump you can also choose to do the slide instead of the jump.  And it also has a ladder to a shorter platform to jump about 4 feet.  

You have to wear a life jacket and helmet from the top of the hike to the end.  It is mandatory.  The water is deep in some areas.  I am 5'2'' and had to swim/float/doggie paddle in some areas right after the high jumps.  We were able to walk the majority of time.  It is rocky and I lost my balance a few times. Wear water shoes and bottoms with good coverage.  You will hike in your swim suit and can not take you bag.  If you wear glasses the guides will hold them for you while jumping and sliding.  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2020 at 10:38 AM, Teibban said:

Hi everyone,

We are looking at doing the Damajagua Falls and Monkeyland tour with Carnival. I have a few questions about the falls:

1- We have someone a little bit afraid of jumping. Do you have to jump at all the falls of you can take a ladder at each of them if the person does not feel like jumping? I read somewhere that the first one jump is mandatory.

2- how deep is the water. You have life jacket but just wondering as we would have a 8yrs old kid with us.

Thanks

Hi @Teibban -- did you end up taking the Damajagua Falls and Monkeyland excursion? My wife and I are debating booking it and would love to hear from someone who actually went on the tour!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, Halo19 said:

Did anyone take their own camera?

I took my phone in a waterproof pouch that went around my neck. My son had a GoPro.

I also agree with a previous poster that some of the alternatives were just as bad. My daughter was young also. She did fine.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone advise as to the hike to get to the falls?  The description shows uphill.  How strenuous is the hike up?  We are in our upper mid 50's and a little overweight. We like to hike but the "uphill" description is giving us a little bit of concern as to how much uphill.

• 1 month later...

My husband and I are booked on this tour in 2 weeks, with Carnival....just the waterfall part.  I'm so excited.

How do we tip the guides?  Is there a "jar" or something, at the end,  so they can divide it amongst all the guides or do we tip individually and if so, how many guides are there to tip?  I want to make sure I have enough cash.

Also, are there lockers?  If so, are they free?

Thanks in advance!