Hi everyone,

We are looking at doing the Damajagua Falls and Monkeyland tour with Carnival. I have a few questions about the falls:

1- We have someone a little bit afraid of jumping. Do you have to jump at all the falls of you can take a ladder at each of them if the person does not feel like jumping? I read somewhere that the first one jump is mandatory.

2- how deep is the water. You have life jacket but just wondering as we would have a 8yrs old kid with us.

Thanks

If I remember correctly there is either a ladder or slide option at each of the ones with a jump option.  I am afraid of heights and honestly the largest jump was the only one that had me very nervous and the ladder option looked scarier than just jumping.  Only personal opinion though.

The water is pretty deep in some of the areas (or was when we were there December 2018).  I am 5'4" and there were definitely some areas I couldn't touch the bottom.  Some of the pools below the higher jumps (obviously you don't want to hit the bottom) and a stretch between a couple of the falls required swimming/floating.

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion through Marysol Tours and it was awesome!   Each jump has a ladder with a handrail in case you want to take the alternate route.  The last jump you can also choose to do the slide instead of the jump.  And it also has a ladder to a shorter platform to jump about 4 feet.  

You have to wear a life jacket and helmet from the top of the hike to the end.  It is mandatory.  The water is deep in some areas.  I am 5'2'' and had to swim/float/doggie paddle in some areas right after the high jumps.  We were able to walk the majority of time.  It is rocky and I lost my balance a few times. Wear water shoes and bottoms with good coverage.  You will hike in your swim suit and can not take you bag.  If you wear glasses the guides will hold them for you while jumping and sliding.