Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Matco

Booked By CAS?

Recommended Posts

Hello again, first time NCL cruiser here and I was browsing the forums and came across a thread about being booked under Casino at Sea promotions and how they have a welcome gift and such in their cabin along with a dedicated check in line for CAS guests. We go to Vegas quite often  and stay at either MGM or Caesars properties thus putting me at Diamond level with CET/Total Rewards. Now when we first booked the cruise I went thru the website and then called NCL who then transfered me to was I can assume was the Casino at Sea department to have them add my Diamond discount to our booking. My eDocs show this, see picture below. I'm unfamiliar with the relationship between CET/Total Rewards and NCL, where can I find out what perks if any I will receive and what check in line to use at the pier? How many here can chime in with some info regarding this process

 

TIA 

 

   

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So other than the discount no other perks yet.  Now if you played alot at Caesars properties they have "free cruise vouchers" as a promo fairly often.  Typically that gets you a free inside cabin with one perk (free at sea offer) based on your land play.  You still pay taxes and port fees and also a $20/day admin fee but still is better than a 20% discount.

 

While you gamble on the ship, just like you do in Vegas, make sure they rate your  table play properly and use your card in slots.  Last night of the cruise ask the casino host if they can comp any of your charges (gift shop, specialty dining, photos, etc)  They may credit you something.

 

After your cruise, call CAS and see what your play has earned you going forward.  Find a cruise you may want to take and ask what class of room you qualify for.   You can see from my signature I cruise alot and I have gotten all of the NCL ones comped by CAS after my initial cruise from a land based offer.

 

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are booked a cruise through CAS, you might get a free casino @ sea drink card waiting in your cabin. Yes, you can mention that you are a CAS guest when arriving at the port to get you faster in another line to get your ship card if you arrive at the opening time of the port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow thanks for the great info! I will definitely have to give them a call after we get back. Just out of curiosity, you by all means don not have to answer but what does your typical play on the ship look like? I play mostly blackjack and roulette with the occasional 3 card poker table thrown in the mix I'd say average bet of $10-25 a hand, sometimes we play the $1 and $5 slots. nothing too crazy by any means but just enough to stay on the radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BJ is crappy on the ship unless $50/hand.  Less is continuous shuffle machines.  3 card likely will be $5 or $10 min .  Slots mostly penny with ability to bet $10/$12 pull depending on slot.  They do have some more traditional 3 reel at $1/$5 credit machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's what I've been noticing on the ships lately in regards to the blackjack tables, kinda sucks but we will see how they play out come May

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matco said:

Wow thanks for the great info! I will definitely have to give them a call after we get back. Just out of curiosity, you by all means don not have to answer but what does your typical play on the ship look like? I play mostly blackjack and roulette with the occasional 3 card poker table thrown in the mix I'd say average bet of $10-25 a hand, sometimes we play the $1 and $5 slots. nothing too crazy by any means but just enough to stay on the radar. 

Your CET status does not count on the ship. You are a new player and need to build points like Total Rewards. 
 

Based on your play, every future cruise could be comped vs discounted. An equivalent Diamond status on CAS would get you free Ultra drinks (basically almost everything the bar serves), three gifts (wine), $400 OBC, 400 internet minutes, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you play enough to make diamond, I'm shocked you don't get cruise offers from your casino.  I've never used my diamond discount since I usually get a few comp certificates a year.  I would contact a host to make sure you're not missing out on certificates, especially if you don't have a current email address on your total rewards account

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

If you play enough to make diamond, I'm shocked you don't get cruise offers from your casino.  I've never used my diamond discount since I usually get a few comp certificates a year.  I would contact a host to make sure you're not missing out on certificates, especially if you don't have a current email address on your total rewards account

There are ways to become diamond without actually ever playing.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll all make sense when you check in.  You will see a separate line for CAS, and it's the best line, bc only like 2% of the ship is CAS.  You'll definitely get free drinks in the casino.  Stock up on waters, and make sure that you tip the bartenders and waitresses.  I think that sometimes people take all-inclusive too far and don't tip.  I bring 100 dollar bills with me and sprinkle around.  You don't have to do that, but I just like tipping random dollars

 

Play like you usually play on land.  You may or may not get offers from NCL, but if you continue to play on land the same way, you'll probably get the same offers at the same frequency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, yoolykeme said:

It'll all make sense when you check in.  You will see a separate line for CAS, and it's the best line, bc only like 2% of the ship is CAS. 

2% is low. On an -away class ship, 250 of 4000 passengers is very light. The other week, there were over 800 casino guests. On small ships, there are some cruises with over 25% of the passengers are casino guests. The casino is big business for the cruise line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

2% is low. On an -away class ship, 250 of 4000 passengers is very light. The other week, there were over 800 casino guests. On small ships, there are some cruises with over 25% of the passengers are casino guests. The casino is big business for the cruise line. 

I'm obv exaggerating bc it feels like 2%, compared to the other lines that can get crazy.  I think that the max # of people I've ever stood behind at CAS was 4. 😄

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the info, I will be headed to Vegas next weekend and I will check with Caesars to see if I'm missing out on any NCL comps  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, poohdreaming said:

If you are booked a cruise through CAS, you might get a free casino @ sea drink card waiting in your cabin. Yes, you can mention that you are a CAS guest when arriving at the port to get you faster in another line to get your ship card if you arrive at the opening time of the port.


This.  I believe the gift is the free house drinks while playing.

 

MLife also has a partnership with RCLCelebrity.  Might be able to time it right and do a NCL cruise to the west med for example, then take a RCL/Celebrity East med cruise after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I am Platinum with M-Life also but have not taken a RCL cruise thru them yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matco said:

Yea I am Platinum with M-Life also but have not taken a RCL cruise thru them yet 


You get a 3-5 night Bahama/Caribbean cruise due to your status and an OBC due to your status.  However, you also get a quarterly offer based on your last quarters play at MLife for a fixed dollar amount which can be applied at booking.  30% Off + perhaps $750 Off (Based on last quarters play) plus the OBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, yoolykeme said:

I'm obv exaggerating bc it feels like 2%, compared to the other lines that can get crazy.  I think that the max # of people I've ever stood behind at CAS was 4. 😄

 

 

 


The available Caesars cruises are fairly limited, no more than 7 nights, for 2019, while I was told there were “Europe cruises” discovered only the Epic west med qualified and even had blackouts for some sailings.  That and Alaska are the most exotic Caesars offers.  I would imagine those cruises would have a lot more gamblers.  CAS cruises based on NCL play seemingly have no restrictions if you have enough NCL play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:


You get a 3-5 night Bahama/Caribbean cruise due to your status and an OBC due to your status.  However, you also get a quarterly offer based on your last quarters play at MLife for a fixed dollar amount which can be applied at booking.  30% Off + perhaps $750 Off (Based on last quarters play) plus the OBC.

good to know thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Matco said:

good to know thanks 


If you have a Caesars host you can transfer the booking to them and I would recommend doing so assuming you plan on playing.  There’s zero playing requirements, not playing won’t hurt your Caesar ADT.  Some simply enjoy their vacation and never step foot in the casino.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, Matco said:

Hello again, first time NCL cruiser here and I was browsing the forums and came across a thread about being booked under Casino at Sea promotions and how they have a welcome gift and such in their cabin along with a dedicated check in line for CAS guests. We go to Vegas quite often  and stay at either MGM or Caesars properties thus putting me at Diamond level with CET/Total Rewards. Now when we first booked the cruise I went thru the website and then called NCL who then transfered me to was I can assume was the Casino at Sea department to have them add my Diamond discount to our booking. My eDocs show this, see picture below. I'm unfamiliar with the relationship between CET/Total Rewards and NCL, where can I find out what perks if any I will receive and what check in line to use at the pier? How many here can chime in with some info regarding this process

 

TIA 

 

   

image.png

Sign on to Total rewards Promotions  - Caesars Entertainment.

Will show your free offers, including NCL cruise certificates. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diamond status at Caesars doesn’t mean much, and pretty easy to achieve.  Real benefits are at Seven Star status.  But as was previously reported, Caesars (and Hollywood both) are generous with casino certs.  I get about 6 per year between the two, but only take 2 based on vacation availability.  The only port that CAS status truly helps you get on board faster is New York.

 

I’ve never read about transferring a reservation though to my host.  Will my play go towards either programs tier calculation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shidah said:

Diamond status at Caesars doesn’t mean much, and pretty easy to achieve.  Real benefits are at Seven Star status.  But as was previously reported, Caesars (and Hollywood both) are generous with casino certs.  I get about 6 per year between the two, but only take 2 based on vacation availability.  The only port that CAS status truly helps you get on board faster is New York.

 

I’ve never read about transferring a reservation though to my host.  Will my play go towards either programs tier calculation?

 

CETs tiers changed on Feb 1st, only Seven Star gives you the free annual cruise and there's now three levels of diamond.  Your CET ADT, not status (yet its fair to say they're at least be Diamond), will dictate if you are offered free cruise certs/voucher Vegas trips.  CET hosts can book free or paid NCL cruises for you with the only tangible benefit being you don't wait on hold; your play will NOT transfer to CET.  If your host books a cruise or you book the cruise and transfer to them, they'll take care of you the next time you stay in a CET property; if they don't, simply ask them to.  According to my last CAS call (so take it with a grain of salt since CAS is notorious for giving conflicting info between two different reps) I would start at the "past guest" or latitudes insider offers which gives one extra latitude point per night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 4:30 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:


The available Caesars cruises are fairly limited, no more than 7 nights, for 2019, while I was told there were “Europe cruises” discovered only the Epic west med qualified and even had blackouts for some sailings.  That and Alaska are the most exotic Caesars offers.  I would imagine those cruises would have a lot more gamblers.  CAS cruises based on NCL play seemingly have no restrictions if you have enough NCL play.

The 7 day limit no longer exists.  I just took an 11 day cruise last month, and I currently have a certificate with 10 and 11 day cruises on it.  And for those of us that get certificates from multiple casinos (or you and someone else got the same cert), you can use them to book back to back sailings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

The 7 day limit no longer exists.  I just took an 11 day cruise last month, and I currently have a certificate with 10 and 11 day cruises on it.  And for those of us that get certificates from multiple casinos (or you and someone else got the same cert), you can use them to book back to back sailings

 

Perhaps they now allow 10 and 11 night cruises with certifications but for the free annual voyage T&Cs it states "up to 7 nights".

ncl.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you're right.  I was referring to the certificates.  I've been waiting to see if they would change this now that they offer longer cruises on the certs.  The 7 star cruise is still nice when I see something I like out of New Orleans since it can be combined with the 7 star trip and you get free airfare for the cruise.  New Orleans also adds the $500 folio credit to your card, so you don't have to use it all up before checking out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...