Cruise Critic Community
KimA75

Email issues and Royal Up

A long time ago I opted in for email promotions from Royal.  I receive them from, Azmara, but never have from Royal.  I have even called to verify that I should be receiving emails.  And no, they don’t go to my spam box either.  I have read before that others have this issue as well.  I am wondering if anyone else having this issue has still received a Royal Up email.  I can keep up with sales between reading on here and their site.  But, for the first time, I would love to have the option to bid up on our next cruise and am hoping I will get that email.

3 hours ago, KimA75 said:

A long time ago I opted in for email promotions from Royal.  I receive them from, Azmara, but never have from Royal.  I have even called to verify that I should be receiving emails.  And no, they don’t go to my spam box either.  I have read before that others have this issue as well.  I am wondering if anyone else having this issue has still received a Royal Up email.  I can keep up with sales between reading on here and their site.  But, for the first time, I would love to have the option to bid up on our next cruise and am hoping I will get that email.

If you haven’t received the e mail at 30 days you can use this link. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

I have the same issue. I’ve never received promotional emails from Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. My husband gets them, but I don’t.

We have a cruise in 34 days, this is our first with Royal since Royal Up. I called a few days ago and they said they reset my email settings, so I should start getting emails.  None yet.

I haven’t received a Royal Up offer on this cruise. There appears to be lots of empty rooms, including suites. Crossing fingers. 

I never receive ANY promo emails from them yet I still have received Royal Up offers

Thank you everyone. It's good to know there is a site to go to and that some still get these emails.  They supposedly "reset" my email options a few times, like you gi_pam, and it still never worked. 

Just be aware that you may or may not be able to use the site linked to above, even within 30 days. We're now 23 days out from our trip and no email and that site doesn't allow me to place bids either. It seems that some people are able to make royal up bids and some not, regardless of marketing preferences (I allow marketing and have received royal up offers on previous cruises just fine).

You might be able to use the site before 30 days out, we received a Royal Up email at 59 days out. According to the group page for our cruise, it was not universal.

I bid from the site yesterday. We are 43 days out.

Email was sent back to me confirming bid.