Caribbean Princess 2\2 Sailing Gastrointestinal Virus

Suncitycruiser1925

We are currently on the Caribbean Princess and have been informed of gastrointestinal illness of a number of passengers.  Passengers are not allowed to serve themselves in the buffet.  Crew serves all drinks, hands you plates, silverware, etc.  We were just informed St Kitts port has been cancelled due to this tomorrow.  Does anyone on board know how many cases there are or any other information?  Lots of sanitizing is going on throughout the ship.  Thanks for any information.

Edited by Suncitycruiser1925
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

We are currently on the Caribbean Princess and have been informed of gastrointestinal illness of a number of passengers.  Passengers are not allowed to serve themselves in the buffet.  Crew serves all drinks, hands you plates, silverware, etc.  We were just informed St Kitts port has been cancelled due to this tomorrow.  Does anyone on board know how many cases there are or any other information?  Lots of sanitizing is going on throughout the ship.  Thanks for any information.

This happens on almost every cruise.

It is everywhere.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

You're actually aboard, you're at the best spot for any factual information. Not sure how anyone on CruiseCritic would have more info.  

It does happen where noro can be rampant enough that ports, particularly smaller ports that may not have the most robust health systems,  won't allow ships in.  Queen Mary was denied tendering in St Lucia a few years back due to noro, etc.  It's unusual but not a case for panic.

Be extra diligent in washing your hands, using own cabin bathroom, etc.  

Ships are required  to report to the CDC,  at 3% infected population aboard.  Many ships will report with lower amounts, but that's the requirement...

I posted the question here in case someone on our ship may have more information than we have been told.  Our roll call is no longer listed or I would have posted my question there.  I know this happens on cruise ships, but this is our eighth cruise and fortunately the first time for us.  Thanks to anyone on our sailing with any more information.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

I posted the question here in case someone on our ship may have more information than we have been told.  Our roll call is no longer listed or I would have posted my question there.  I know this happens on cruise ships, but this is our eighth cruise and fortunately the first time for us.  Thanks to anyone on our sailing with any more information.

Thats odd, roll calls don't go away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

30 minutes ago, mevs904 said:

We just got off the Crown yesterday and while we were on the cruise our Roll Call disappeared. I was disappointed because I wanted to refer back to some of the discussion on the Roll Call.

Interesting, as I just checked, and it's the third or fourth RC posted, actually had a post today...

Here you go: 

13 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Colo - beat me to it.  

• Haha 1

Not surprised , we were on there 2 weeks ago and commented on the lack of sanitizing !

No one on washing hands duty and actually washed our hands on the way OUT of the buffet.

many people just walked past the sinks going in..

Very conscious of our own hand washing on that cruise ,after seeing not much sanitizing after tables removed of plates ect ,in all areas...

Edited by fishnchips
Punctuation
  • Like 4

We received our patter tonight and it does list Martinique as our port of call for tomorrow.  Thanks for your responses and the CDC link with the no. of cases reported at that time.  Yes, we have witnessed a number of passengers not washing their hands going into the buffet even at this time.  

• Thanks 1

Looks like the update is 5.7% passengers and 1.4% of crew.

I have been on a ship with 6% before and public rooms were closed (library, card room - when there was a card room), there was caution tape everywhere. 

On 2/6/2020 at 10:12 PM, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

I’ve checked centers for disease control and prevention. 174 passengers and 16 crew members are ill. Barbados is also cancelled(. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1