Caribbean Princess 2\2 Sailing Gastrointestinal Virus

Suncitycruiser1925

14 hours ago, missm54 said:

Just observed  a woman leaving the restroom outside the dining room without washing her hands... some people are not willing to change their bad habits..

If she was in a handicap stall, there is a sink in the stall.  

• Like 2

My wife and I were on a B2B on Royal Caribbean out of Galveston about 5-6 years ago and we both had Noro on the first week.  It struck my wife first in the middle of the night, then me about 6 hours later.  The first 24 hours were bad but then it began to let up.  We felt bad for the second 24 hours but better than we did for the first.  At least there wasn't any more fluid being expelled like the first 24 hours.  By day 3 we were back to normal and continued and completed the B2B.

During the first 24 hours we advised the room steward that we were sick and that we would not be leaving the room.  The next day we advised him of the same, even though we felt a little better.  Since food was not desired, we just stayed in our cabin and rested.  On day 3 we let him tackle the cabin and all was well.

I assume that he disinfected the cabin since we stayed in it for the second leg and didn't have any more problems.

Now we will be on the Caribbean Princess for the 2/16 sailing.

Edited by isosika
Add Information
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 3:17 PM, isosika said:

My wife and I were on a B2B on Royal Caribbean out of Galveston about 5-6 years ago and we both had Noro on the first week.  It struck my wife first in the middle of the night, then me about 6 hours later.  The first 24 hours were bad but then it began to let up.  We felt bad for the second 24 hours but better than we did for the first.  At least there wasn't any more fluid being expelled like the first 24 hours.  By day 3 we were back to normal and continued and completed the B2B.

During the first 24 hours we advised the room steward that we were sick and that we would not be leaving the room.  The next day we advised him of the same, even though we felt a little better.  Since food was not desired, we just stayed in our cabin and rested.  On day 3 we let him tackle the cabin and all was well.

I assume that he disinfected the cabin since we stayed in it for the second leg and didn't have any more problems.

Now we will be on the Caribbean Princess for the 2/16 sailing.

Just off CB. Good luck.

Its all about keeping your hands washed and a little luck. I have had it once in around 50 cruises. It was not fun. My wife was of course in the same room and never got it.  Norovirus does not really concern me.  The new Coronavirus gives me some concern.

• Like 1

We were on this cruise which was our first time on Princess. Princess did everything they could but they could not stop the virus. Many very old people who appeared frail. Some people refused to wash their hands. I didn't get that at all. Lines at the hand wash basins were long and I saw more than a few just walk into the buffet.

The only criticism of Princess I had was allowing the band to play in the lobby area by the guest service desk. I loved the sound system that ship had plus they played loud which I love. But on the first morning after they announced the ship was heading back to Ft Lauderdale, the line at the guest service counter was very very long. The music was so loud that they taking people behind the guest service area to near the shore excursion counter so they could hear each other. I simply don't know why they allowed the band to play (or play that loud) with so many agitated guests.

Because of the Super Bowl, we booked air through Princess Air. Because of that, they put us up at the JW Marriot Turnberry resort for 3 nights. A very beautiful resort but very expensive. We had to walk blocks to find something to eat. There was some elderly with us who couldn't walk that far, so they ate at the resort, Princess did not reimburse for food so they spent a ton of money.

I have never seen so many top end luxury cars in my life. Bentley's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and Rolls Royces were frequently seen.

We did not get sick so we made the best of the shortened cruise.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:01 PM, jc foster said:

Its all about keeping your hands washed and a little luck. I have had it once in around 50 cruises. It was not fun. My wife was of course in the same room and never got it.  Norovirus does not really concern me.  The new Coronavirus gives me some concern.

Coronavirus = Marcia, Marcia, Marcia … gets all the attention

Norovirus = Jan Brady

• Like 1
  • Haha 2