Seafood & Buffet

camper49

36 minutes ago, camper49 said:

Regal Princess...is there a day that the buffet has seafood other than what is usually there every day such as shrimp...salmon etc. ?

Last night they did the Crab Shack specialty restaurant in a roped off section of Horizon Court.  I don't know why, but they don't mention it in the patter.  You just need to call the reservation line and ask when is the Crab Shack.  Since it is a specialty restaurant you have to pay the cover charge and it is full table service.  On a 7 day cruise, they only do it one night.

Here is our table from last night:

1336987231_CrabShack1(2).JPG.c4da0b74188536b9179e3f4b846783d6.JPG

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Last night they did the Crab Shack specialty restaurant in a roped off section of Horizon Court.  I don't know why, but they don't mention it in the patter.  You just need to call the reservation line and ask when is the Crab Shack.  Since it is a specialty restaurant you have to pay the cover charge and it is full table service.  On a 7 day cruise, they only do it one night.

Do you get a choice of seafoods?  Not a big fan of clams and mussels, but can eat around them if you don’t get a choice.  

1 hour ago, TexasJam said:

Do you get a choice of seafoods?  Not a big fan of clams and mussels, but can eat around them if you don’t get a choice.  

Yes you get a limited choice.  I got the steamed shrimp and King Crab Legs.  SIL got the mussels and the only steamed clams I saw was one steamer in the Manhattan Clam Chowder.

• Like 1

We were on the Regal 2 weeks ago and one day they had a whole spread of crawfish, mussels, oysters, shrimp, cocktails of various seafood like scallops/shrimp, and other options.   Edit: to say I only took a picture of the one cocktail we had, but there was a variety to choose from of probably 5 or 6 options.

20200126_125944.jpg

20200126_125930.jpg

20200125_123754.jpg

Edited by Paula_MacFan

On our November Panama Canal cruise, on board the Emerald Princess, we had a delicious seafood dinner in the Horizon Court. The selection included crab legs, oysters, shrimp, mussels, fish, etc.  It wasn't available on the Trans-Atlantic portion of the cruise, so it seems kind of random as to whether or not it's offered. It was way better than the Crab Shack and there was no extra charge.