Need some suggestions and help

Sersee

This is our first time on a Western Itinerary.  I am checking on excursions and have no idea what I am doing in this area. We going to Costa Maya,  Harvest Caye, Roatan and Cozumel. My husband wants to see ruins so think we will do that in Costa Maya.  

In Cozumel, I hear everyone talk about Mr. Sanchos or Natchi? I am assuming these are resorts you can go to? I don't see t hem on my excursion list so maybe it's booked. We don't scuba dive . We aren't adrenaline junkies either. We like touring . What else is a good excursion to check out?

You won't see these on a ship sponsored excursion.  Both are beach clubs, a step down from a resort, IMO.  But both are readily accessible via taxi.  You do need reservations in advance at Nachi Cocum.  Limited # of guests.  Mr. Sanchos pushes their all Inclusive package, but you can go ala cart.  There's several other beach clubs you can go to.  Some have AI options but most are pay-as-you-go/ala cart with a minimal entrance fee.

If you have never been to Cozumel, I suggest you look into hiring a driver for the day through either Tours Plaza or Black Hat.  They can drive you around the entire island and show you many sites.  There are reviews of both services and island tours on this board.

If you want yo see ruins, Costa Maya is your best choice for that.

Harvest Caye is most likely a beach day, although of all the ports you are visiting it is the only one I haven’t been to, so can’t really help.

Agree with Crew if you like touring, pre-arranging a private driver is a good idea on Cozumel. We have used ToursPlaza many times. They have suggestions of places to visit on a customized tour, on their website. If you don’t have children the Cozumel Bar Hop is another fun, well-organized  tour round the island - not a party bus per se, but not particularly culturally oriented either.However it provides a well-run, basic tour of the island.

No need to take a ship tour on Cozumel. The island is overrun with taxi service to the popular bars and resorts on the tourist west side but I would recommend pre-arranging a driver if you want to go round the island and visit the east side. Your driver will stay with you the whole time (but give you space as needed)  and return you to your port on time.

Edited by c-leg5

If you don't want another beach day then a private tour, suggested above, or the Cozumel Bar Hop tour are good options.

If you want an AI beach day, then Nachi Cocom or Sanchos are good options. Nachi is quieter and less crowded; Sanchos is bigger and livelier.

If you want a pay as you go beach club check out Paradise Beach - great facilities, HUGE pool, etc.

Paradise Beach also has an all-inclusive option if you are looking for that.  We love it there--it's our favorite place in Cozumel whe there on a cruise ship.  We always do the pay-as-you-go when there, but the is the AI if that's your preference.