1st Time... no idea what I am doing

Sersee

We will be on the Norwegian Breakaway and have not been to Roatan.  I tend to stick to ship excursions because I get . nervous about outside ones. This is only my second cruise.  I have no idea what to do in Roatan.  We are not adrenaline junkies and have no idea how to scuba or even snorkel lol.  Just for reference, we hated Grand Turk. It was to crowded and we were harassed by vendors. We loved Puerto Rico and just walking around. In St Thomas we took a rum boat tour and that was a ton of fun. 

So I am thinking one of the stops ( costa or cozumel) we might do ruins just to do it( and husband wants to).  I am thinking Harvest Caye is a beach day?  Maybe Cozumel is as well?  But I have no idea what to do in Roatan! I will be with my kids ages 23, 18 and 15 . 

Any suggestions would be wonderful!

A popular excursion in Roatan is going and seeing the monkeys or sloths.

But this is the Western Caribbean and it's mostly beach, beach, beach.

NCL will have an excursion or two to West Bay (Tabayana) beach.  There are zip lines around.

If you want ruins, do so in Costa Maya. DO NOT take a ship excursion for these.  Poorly organized and crowded and sometimes the drivers stop at relatives places and try to coerce you into buy stuff. Guides are just so-so.

DO contact The Native Choice and go on one of their ruin tours.  They are very reliable.  Small groups, well informed guides.  Better transportation.  Cheaper.  Information and reviews are on the Costa Maya board.

You'll be fine with a beach day at Harvest Caye.  Not much else to do there.