Rudi's Sel de Mer pricing

travelingla

10 minutes ago, dot73 said:

I will be on the Maasdam in April.  Has anyone experienced Rudi's on the Maasdam?  I tried it on the Nieuw Amsterdam and, except for the escargot, it was just so-so.

my experience which I posted above was sub par was on the Maasdam.   

1 minute ago, CJcruzer said:

my experience which I posted above was sub par was on the Maasdam.   

Thank you. I think I will cancel my reservation. If you are going to pay an extra $49 for a specialty restaurant, it should be better than this.  I agree that the service was very slow even though the restaurant was less than half full.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I am surprised with your experience.  I sailed on Westerdam's July 12, 2019 cruise NB to Seward and enjoyed my dinner at Rudi's.  I am sorry to learn that you were so disappointed.

And herein lies the problem on the ships. Consistency.

So much depends on the staff on board, the PG manager, etc.

Our Sel de Mers have been good too (Prinsendam) - in fact, very good and well worth the $$$$.  

I remember a very disappointing Maasdam PG where 8 of us cancelled all our remaining reservations.  By the time we were disembarking, the PG manager was replaced and reports from CC members a week later were on a great PG.

It would be nice if there were more consistency on the ships.  The Maasdam has been our only disappointing experience so far and I hope it stays that way 😉 

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

So much depends on the staff on board, the PG manager, etc.

I would add the ship's Senior Management as culprits in the lack of consistency of our cruise experience.  

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

And herein lies the problem on the ships. Consistency.

9 minutes ago, kazu said:

It would be nice if there were more consistency on the ships.  

How many of my past posts in recent years have mentioned the lack of consistency?  I so agree!

My 3 most recent HAL cruises have been Westerdam in July, Volendam in December/January, and Eurodam in January.  What cruise experience I had from one ship to another was more similar than different. 

Perhaps the message of "cruise experience consistency from  cruise to cruise" that many of us have stated as being so important has begun to be registered in the minds of the Seattle executives.