Alaskan Port/Berth Calendar

Yo Adrienne

DH and I will be cruising to Alaska later this year...and trying to get a sense of which berth number we'll be at in each port.  I've been able to find a website that lists a calendar with the Alaskan ports and what ships will be in each port on each day, but am looking for something that will also list which berth each ship will be at in each port.  Anyone know of a website that includes this info...? 

I found one last year before our cruise--but haven't found one for this year.  So, wondering if such a thing doesn't exist anymore...or maybe I'm just too early in the year to be looking for that info...? 

Thanks in advance...

38 minutes ago, KristyMisty14 said:

Ohhhh I just reviewd it yesterday for 2020.... Here it is: https://claalaska.com/?page_id=1551

Yes, that's the one I've found, too...but it doesn't list the berth that each ship in port will be docking at.  Have you looked at this in previous years...?  If so, do they add the berth numbers in eventually...? 

8 minutes ago, Yo Adrienne said:

Yes, that's the one I've found, too...but it doesn't list the berth that each ship in port will be docking at.  Have you looked at this in previous years...?  If so, do they add the berth numbers in eventually...? 

Yes they will add the berths eventually (if you look back on that same website at the 2019 you will see all the berth codes next to the schedule).... I was looking at times in port yesterday to give me an idea of who would be there/leave while we were there.  The Berth codes are here https://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Berth-Codes.pdf

1 minute ago, KristyMisty14 said:

Yes they will add the berths eventually (if you look back on that same website at the 2019 you will see all the berth codes next to the schedule).... I was looking at times in port yesterday to give me an idea of who would be there/leave while we were there.  The Berth codes are here https://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Berth-Codes.pdf

Awesome...!  Thank you...!  I was hoping that it was just that I was looking at it too early in the year...! 🙂

5 hours ago, Yo Adrienne said:

DH and I will be cruising to Alaska later this year...and trying to get a sense of which berth number we'll be at in each port.  I've been able to find a website that lists a calendar with the Alaskan ports and what ships will be in each port on each day, but am looking for something that will also list which berth each ship will be at in each port.  Anyone know of a website that includes this info...? 

I found one last year before our cruise--but haven't found one for this year.  So, wondering if such a thing doesn't exist anymore...or maybe I'm just too early in the year to be looking for that info...? 

Thanks in advance...

I called them a few days ago, and they said that the berth assignments for the ports should be posted by the end of February.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

Why are the berth numbers important.  Is it useful when booking private excursions?

Yes, and car rentals too.

In Juneau, the Avis car rental office is at the AJ Dock (the most southern dock), and it's over a mile to there from the northern-most dock near the shops/restaurants/tourist area. They don't offer pick-up or drop off.

If you're on foot, it's 1.2 miles from the AJ Dock to the Red Dog Saloon, and another 1.2 miles back. A bit of a walk but not far enough to bother with a taxi and/or Uber/Lyft.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sr71_1 said:

should i be worried if the docking time listed in the attached link is different than the cruise ship itinerary.... OR is this link a "draft" ?     

Currently, I believe it's a draft...but it'll be more firm as we get closer to the dates involved.  Is it dramatically different than what's posted on your itinerary...? 

(Do keep in mind that even though your itinerary may list a specific arrival/departure time--those times are the "actual" times.  For example, disembarkation is often an hour or two after the arrival time listed on the itinerary.) 

When I pull up this claalaska website I get a huge red warning that says "this website is considered unsafe" and to close it. Is anyone else getting that? Strange. Bummed because I would like to know where we will be docking in June. 

Edited by rocklinmom
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, rocklinmom said:

When I pull up this claalaska website I get a huge red warning that says "this website is considered unsafe" and to close it. Is anyone else getting that? Strange. Bummed because I would like to know where we will be docking in June. 

Just tried it and I don't get that...it pulls up just fine for me.  (I do have a pretty good spam filter/security warning set-up on my computer, so I would think I would get a warning if there's a problem...?) 

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

Yep I got the same message when I tried to open a specific town/port 😞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I got it too! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I just checked, and was able to view the schedules. They still dont list the specific berths for each port yet. Hopefully soon.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...