CARNIVAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD

sapphire_407

10 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm all in for "better" news. 

I have a quick round trip flight up to DC next weekend. I've been watching seat availability on that flight for the last couple of weeks. In first class, I'm now the only seat booked out of 20. There were a few more booked, but I guess they've cancelled. If I thought I'd have all that space open around me, that would be ideal - but I'm sure that there are plenty of folks in coach chomping at the bit for those other 19 seats!

I wonder if airlines are making any efforts, especially with less crowded flights, to space people out when possible?

Tom

But isn't the  problem with airplanes that the air is re-circulated?  Doesn't matter if someone is next to you or 10 seat away, you are all breathing the same air.  I'm not totally sure about this, just what I've been led to believe.  

8 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

But isn't the  problem with airplanes that the air is re-circulated?  Doesn't matter if someone is next to you or 10 seat away, you are all breathing the same air.  I'm not totally sure about this, just what I've been led to believe.  

I've read up on that a bit, and what I've come up with is that only a portion is recirculated. The recirculated air is apparently going through HEPA filtration which supposedly does a good job. Thus, in theory - it comes down to surfaces around you, focus on common hygiene, and hope nobody ill is close enough to directly infect oneself. 

I'm open to any other insight or opinions on this - but I can definitely take care of what's in my control in my immediate personal space (just through extra awareness).

Tom

4 minutes ago, ksmcdonald said:

Airline air goes thru hepa filters which are advertised as 99% effective, but microbes can get thru so its not 100%! 

Again warnings state stay away from crowded indoor conditions which obviously an airliner is!

5 hours ago, DubNHub said:

Thanks for the kind words! We are bummed... but it’s ok! We are looking at doing a short land vacation to make up for it. But we re-booked on the brand new Mardi Gras for Jan 16... which is right in the middle of both our birthdays and will be a nice break after all the holiday craziness. Hopefully the Mardi Gras won’t face any more delays and we won’t have to reschedule that one too! 

Land vacation with your honey for your anniversary & shiny new ship for your birthdays - best of both worlds & maybe the price on the cruise will drop some more & you can get a bigger savings 😉.  Have a great time on your land vacation & early wishes for a Happy Anniversary.  

29 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I've read up on that a bit, and what I've come up with is that only a portion is recirculated. The recirculated air is apparently going through HEPA filtration which supposedly does a good job. Thus, in theory - it comes down to surfaces around you, focus on common hygiene, and hope nobody ill is close enough to directly infect oneself. 

I'm open to any other insight or opinions on this - but I can definitely take care of what's in my control in my immediate personal space (just through extra awareness).

Tom

And the people around you...

I  see  a   few  people  cancelling  their  booking and  booking  a  cruise  slightly  further  down  the  road. Rescheduling  might  be a  good  idea   but  booking  a  cruise  within  this  year  may  not  be  so  wise. Current  info  doesn't  sound  like  they  have  a  control  on  this  and  treatments  may  take  months  to  develop .  The  steps   the  governments  are  taking  is  damage   control  and  not  a  cure  . I  think  if  your  cancelling  because  of  fear  of  the  virus  or  the  impact  of  your  travelling plans  ,  you  should  either  book  nothing  at  this  time  and  get  the  credit  or  book  something  over  a  year  out  to  give  the  government  and  its  agencies  a  chance  to  fix  these  problems  so  people  can  travel  safely  . If  Carnivals  employees  are  stuck  on  the  phone  cancelling  your  trips  mutliple  times  that is  not  going  to  help  . So  if  your  going  on  your  trips  you  booked  I  wish  you  luck  but  if  you  were  choose to  reschedule  use  common  sense  and  give  the  situation  a  chance  to  clear  up  .

• Like 1

This is a huge 41 pages of posts.  Too many to search for what has probably been addressed... So:  If we cancel our Carnival cruise, scheduled out of San Juan on March 29th,  what will Carnival do?  Refund?  Credit for future sailing? 

4 minutes ago, can said:

This is a huge 41 pages of posts.  Too many to search for what has probably been addressed... So:  If we cancel our Carnival cruise, scheduled out of San Juan on March 29th,  what will Carnival do?  Refund?  Credit for future sailing? 

I know it's a lot to look through this particular thread to find answers, but please choose the proper thread for your question:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2740728-carnival-cancellations-thread-please-read/

13 minutes ago, can said:

If you cancel up to 3 days prior you’ll be given a future cruise credit for any non refundable portion of your fare.