Off“LIVE” from Harmony of the Seas 2/9/20....and maybe a Perfect Day?

20 hours ago, Nangelina said:

Maplemoose,  I did my check in on line also.  Then we added the app.  Our boarding pass did have expedited arrival on it either.  Our daughters had it but she did her check in on the app not on line.  I fooled with the app today and the 10 th time going on edit checkin, finally the passport screen for scanning came up. I layed the passport down and held the phone screen over it and it magically scanned.  Now our sea pass says expedited arrival.  To some this may seem elementary but to us old timers it can be confusing.  That why I'm explaining it in simple language. Royals website can be so frustrating at times.  Sorry to get off course...back to the Harmony!

Can you then print it out or do you just show them the set sail on the app?

26 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Can you then print it out or do you just show them the set sail on the app?

You just show them the pass on the app. They scan the barcode.

you can’t print them off the app, but you can go back into your reservation on royals site and print a hard copy set sail pass. I usually do both, just in case there are“ technical Difficulties” 😉

• Thanks 2

On 2/8/2020 at 8:28 PM, niksmom630 said:

Ha! I’m also familiar with both odors. 😉 Skunk has  an exaggerated sulfur smell that pot doesn’t have. Unfortunately, I’ve brought this “skank” with me to Florida. Will probably have to have everything in one suitcase laundered. 😜

Hi Paross4...... yay.......pretty sure you are as happy as me right now! 🎉🍾🤗 I don’t think it will never happen again. They fired that intern 😭

I’ve heard this about tomato juice. 😉Since I dragged this stench 1000 miles with me,  I’m open to any suggestions on how I get rid of it. 

My sister swears pepper spray counter acts the skunk smell. I have been too scared to try it. My luck I would end up pepper sprayed in the face.

• Haha 2

Enjoying following along, we will be sailing in 19 more days.  Super excited and I can't wait.  It will be fun following along on your sailing.  

I too was able to scan my passport and husbands.  I did manage to get my photo and my pass says expedited, while I haven't done my husbands photo and his does not have that on it.  We will be at the port super early anyway as we are driving down Saturday night.  Two of our group our flying, while 4 of us are driving.  Will be my daughter and her boyfriends first time on Royal and only her BF's second cruise.  

Worst part of our trips are leaving all our animals behind, we have lots of cats and one golden retriever.  I miss them when we go away on trips.  Not used to actually getting an entire bed to just my husband and I.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Enjoying following along, we will be sailing in 19 more days.  Super excited and I can't wait.  It will be fun following along on your sailing.  

I too was able to scan my passport and husbands.  I did manage to get my photo and my pass says expedited, while I haven't done my husbands photo and his does not have that on it.  We will be at the port super early anyway as we are driving down Saturday night.  Two of our group our flying, while 4 of us are driving.  Will be my daughter and her boyfriends first time on Royal and only her BF's second cruise.  

Worst part of our trips are leaving all our animals behind, we have lots of cats and one golden retriever.  I miss them when we go away on trips.  Not used to actually getting an entire bed to just my husband and I.  

I know how you feel! My two Golden’s (at 70 pounds each) eat up a lot of our king size bed. Thankfully they are in good hands. 

hope you have a great cruise! 🤗

• Like 1

Pack your patience if you’ve chosen MTD. It’s just not very organized . Extra patience if you have no reservations 😳 lines snaking all the way out of the entrance to the MDR. This photo was taken around 6:35. 

this line was relatively short compared to the one with no reservations 

3C61912B-81F8-46B8-84CC-43AC954AA800.jpeg

When we were on Harmony in October. I made my MTD reservations with the head Maitre d' for the same time every night with the same table staff.  He told me to bypass any line I see and come directly to the Maitre d' stand. We did this all week with no problems.

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

When we were on Harmony in October. I made my MTD reservations with the head Maitre d' for the same time every night with the same table staff.  He told me to bypass any line I see and come directly to the Maitre d' stand. We did this all week with no problems.

thanks for sharing that info Sea Dog! I would have expected a line for those with no reservations, but was surprised to see the long line for those with reservations. 

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

I’m really enjoying your review. Thanks for sharing. 😎  Can’t wait until it’s our turn on Harmony. 🛳

Thank you! I love following along with reviews prior to sailing. Really helps to pass the time between them!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Pack your patience if you’ve chosen MTD. It’s just not very organized . Extra patience if you have no reservations 😳 lines snaking all the way out of the entrance to the MDR. This photo was taken around 6:35. 

this line was relatively short compared to the one with no reservations 

3C61912B-81F8-46B8-84CC-43AC954AA800.jpeg

Look how many people dressed in shorts for dinner. Amazing. Sign of the times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

3BB686BF-9202-4428-AC7E-21A1AB9DE5B5.thumb.jpeg.abfbc28e609f246f042b517287c095f1.jpeg

we are approaching St. Maarten.....woke up earlier than really necessary because my Apple Watch reset to local time. Always a good time to capture photos😊

Be sure to get a Guavaberry Colada while there. My wife and I can't go there without getting a few.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

I have always wondered something about Holland House, or any of those beach chair rental places. It seems they always offer chairs in sets of 2. What about families of 3? I am an adult with 2 kids. Would I really need to pay for 4 chairs, 2 umbrellas, and 8 drinks??? 

We always go to Holland house and have got the extra 2 chairs and bucket of drinks. It is us and our son. The extra loungers works for chasing sun or shade. We always drink the extra drinks. HH also includes free wifi and fresh water shower. Their bathroom is clean and food served beach side is great. 

I’m sure you can just pay for the extra chair if you want. IMO it’s the best deal on the beach and their loungers have lots of cushion so you will not give you a sore butt at the end of the day. 

@niksmom630 thoughts of agreement?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Grenouille21 said:

I have always wondered something about Holland House, or any of those beach chair rental places. It seems they always offer chairs in sets of 2. What about families of 3? I am an adult with 2 kids. Would I really need to pay for 4 chairs, 2 umbrellas, and 8 drinks??? 

You would. But, its an amazing value. Let the kids get virgin drinks. They could each have a few, you could also have a few adult beverages. You get to sit in nice padded loungers, get free WiFi, use of shower and bathrooms, and it would cost you $50. It’s either $16.50 per person for 3, or $12.50 pp for 4. 

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We always go to Holland house and have got the extra 2 chairs and bucket of drinks. It is us and our son. The extra loungers works for chasing sun or shade. We always drink the extra drinks. HH also includes free wifi and fresh water shower. Their bathroom is clean and food served beach side is great. 

I’m sure you can just pay for the extra chair if you want. IMO it’s the best deal on the beach and their loungers have lots of cushion so you will not give you a sore butt at the end of the day. 

lol, we were apparently typing at the same time @A&L_Ont....... great minds, you know? 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense, and I was thinking maybe the extra chair would be nice. If nothing else it would be a nice buffer between my teens so they don't argue.  

4 minutes ago, niksmom630 said:

You would. But, its an amazing value. Let the kids get virgin drinks. They could each have a few, you could also have a few adult beverages. You get to sit in nice padded loungers, get free WiFi, use of shower and bathrooms, and it would cost you $50. It’s either $16.50 per person for 3, or $12.50 pp for 4. 

True, they do love their mocktails. Thank you for doing the math for me. I truly was not up to it tonight. 

source.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2