Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
G2G

Izumi on Jewel of Seas

For anyone sailing on Jewel I can enthusiastically recommend Izumi restaurant on deck 12, it was hands down the best dining experience whilst we were on board.

We purchased a 3 night speciality restaurant package and visited Chops grill first. The steak was good, but the accompanying dishes so so, my friends potato dish was cold and uncooked.

The Italian restaurant was mediocre and service very slow, not enough staff. The young woman waiting on us had to get drinks, from an outside bar, take orders and serve food for quite a number of tables. The experience at Izumi was completely different, our waiter was friendly and very helpful, my friend doesn't care for Sushi, but she loved the options she choose, particularly the hot stone dish with steak and lobster. We enjoyed it so much, we went back on the last night and they gave us 30% off.

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed  :)

We were on the Jewel in December.  We tried Izumi for the first time (as I don't eat sushi).  We enjoyed it.  My husband got sushi, but they had a hot rock option for me - I cooked my steak, lobster and vegetables myself on my rock. 

We were the ONLY guests in the restaurant.  The whole time.  Needless to say the service was good. 

It is a little out of the way, perhaps that is why it was so empty.