RCCL Gift Certficate Annoyance never received

Well, purchased on line 1/16/20 received email, fromRCCL, it would be sent via email,or mail. I choose email, once funds left bank, funds left bank on 1/17/20, nothing has arrived. This was to be a surprise for my son. Called yesterday , literally waited 32 minutes to be on a call with a less than adequate rep, probably new , who put me on hold, I counted 5 times to figure out what to do after asking me the same questions over and over,  finally she began to fill out a form, with a question... what were the gift certificate numbers... that is where I stopped after 1 hour plus of her.  Asked for supervisor.. after I said to her... what do you think we have spent over- the past 36 minutes talking about, they Never came there are no numbers to give you.  After another wait... 45 more minutes.. was rewarded with a supervisor who was proficient in taking my issue... ..still no GC, grand total time from start of call including initial wait time 2 hours 14 minutes, luckily I was doing other things concurrently and had then on speaker phone but I am highly angry, partially at myself for waiting to check,  we cruise on 2/13... so. Do not buy GC’s on line🥵  

I had the same problem when someone else bought us a cert.  I wound up contact C&A and sent a copy of the receipt that I had from the on-line check out.  A few days later I received an email from rcclgiftcertificateinbox@rccl.com with the cert information.  

Note on the certificate is that you can't use them to pay from the cruise unless it's more than 10 days before final payment as the only way to use them to pay a cruise is to fill out a from on-line.  We missed out on one cruise as we booked past final but did use it on another.  On the one we used it we expected to get some type of notice that it was applied but never received that either.  I went in and checked "pay remaining balance" online and saw the amount owed was down by the GC amount.  

Their systems are famously bad and with these certificates it's very noticeable.