upgrade bid question

misha1

Good morning, if I try to bid for an upgrade, and it is accepted...are there ever any consequences like losing my original booking perks?  When my March cruise prices went down and I asked my TA for compensation, I was offered an upgrade from 2B to Aqua class but I would lose my 200 dollars OBC.  Does the same thing happen if I win an upgrade bid?   

12 minutes ago, misha1 said:

Good morning, if I try to bid for an upgrade, and it is accepted...are there ever any consequences like losing my original booking perks?  When my March cruise prices went down and I asked my TA for compensation, I was offered an upgrade from 2B to Aqua class but I would lose my 200 dollars OBC.  Does the same thing happen if I win an upgrade bid?   

You have to really know your pricing with the upgrade bids. The only advantage is you keep your perks and if accepted your cabin is not always assigned immediately. In my case the price of the cabin I booked has dropped but I'd have to pay much more for the perks. I've spoken to so many who have bid and won but paid a fortune for their cabin as they dont understand bidding process.

If your bid is accepted you do not lose your existing perks but you also do not get any additional perks.  If you have 2 perks and successfully bid on a suite that offers 4 perks you don’t get all 4 perks, just the 2 you had.  

One exception to above is if you get a RS or above the room comes with "Amenities" that are not considered perks, like a Premium Drink Package, Bar Setup in room,  Unlimited Specialty  Dining etc.   Even if you don't have a drink package you get it with the room.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

@drakes2 Could you explain what you mean by this? 

Say for instance you have booked an infinite verandah on a particular sailing and the price on the website for CC is another $300 per person.  You get a move up offer and minimum bid is $270 but you decide to offer a bid of $400 per person and your bid is accepted, then you have overpaid plus you dont get to choose your location.  In most cases this always benefits the cruisline.