Golf Cart Rental Was Amazing!...Review

jimmymed3

Hey everyone, Just wanted to give a quick review of our experience renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers. We had such a great time! The rental place is about a 6-7 minute walk from the pier. They say to head to the tent at the pier first, but im not sure if you really need to do that. Check in was quick and easy. It was $95USD for the day and $100 refundable deposit. We were surprised that all of the carts were literally brand new. We went December 2019 aboard the Crown Princess.

The biggest tip that we can give is one that the company tells you in the confirmation email...download Maps.me (it is an app). I dont know how it works, but it does. You basically download the map of the ABC islands and it works just like a GPS, even without cell service. We were able to find landmarks and places to eat, just like you would on Google Maps. The paper map that they give you is pretty easy to follow as there is literally only one road out of town. The carts dont go all that fast, but its a nice leisurely stroll.

One more tip-The guard shack at the salt flats had a wooden box that had chunks of salt you can bring home for free. We didnt know this until we got back to the ship(we bought some in town).

Feel free to check out our video below to see what all we did in Bonaire! Its was our favorite island on the cruise, and now the Caribbean!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, jimmymed3 said:

Hey everyone, Just wanted to give a quick review of our experience renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers. We had such a great time! The rental place is about a 6-7 minute walk from the pier. They say to head to the tent at the pier first, but im not sure if you really need to do that. Check in was quick and easy. It was $95USD for the day and $100 refundable deposit. We were surprised that all of the carts were literally brand new. We went December 2019 aboard the Crown Princess.

The biggest tip that we can give is one that the company tells you in the confirmation email...download Maps.me (it is an app). I dont know how it works, but it does. You basically download the map of the ABC islands and it works just like a GPS, even without cell service. We were able to find landmarks and places to eat, just like you would on Google Maps. The paper map that they give you is pretty easy to follow as there is literally only one road out of town. The carts dont go all that fast, but its a nice leisurely stroll.

One more tip-The guard shack at the salt flats had a wooden box that had chunks of salt you can bring home for free. We didnt know this until we got back to the ship(we bought some in town).

Feel free to check out our video below to see what all we did in Bonaire! Its was our favorite island on the cruise, and now the Caribbean!

GREAT VIDEO!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/8/2020 at 10:28 AM, jimmymed3 said:

There are 4 of us.

Can we take one golf cart or do we need two?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, CruiseCruiseCruise13 said:

Does anyone know if they offer half day rentals?
We’re in port 10a - 11p and plan to do a snorkel excursion in the morning until 2pm. We’d also like to see the salt flats and hopefully some flamingos. Would a GC rental be best, or a would a taxi or afternoon tour be better?

DH and I were wondering the exact same thing.  He is diving in the morning.  THought a 1/2 day afternoon rental might be great.  Might just stop by the provider and see if anything is available and wing it.  Don't want to pay for a full day unnecessarily - can't wait to be there in just over 3 weeks!! 

17 minutes ago, lesters said:

DH and I were wondering the exact same thing.  He is diving in the morning.  THought a 1/2 day afternoon rental might be great.  Might just stop by the provider and see if anything is available and wing it.  Don't want to pay for a full day unnecessarily - can't wait to be there in just over 3 weeks!! 

Enjoy! Would love to hear how you get on. We’re not there until December. 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:09 PM, snowgreg said:

Hi, they list South Side tours and North Side Tours, we are going to be there 8AM-9PM, I presume there is time to do them both, correct?

My wife and I have been there twice and we did North and South tours and still had plenty of time to see all parts including a bar stop for refreshments on each leg of the respective tours. And stopping to see various picture stops.    

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Appreciate and enjoyed your review. Convinced us to make a reservation, which I did. We’ll be there in late December. Did you just randomly stop at certain places or did you have a list? Suggestions for stops? 
Thanks! 

Edited by JoRoy218

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...