Cruise Critic Community
jimmymed3

Golf Cart Rental Was Amazing!...Review

Hey everyone, Just wanted to give a quick review of our experience renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers. We had such a great time! The rental place is about a 6-7 minute walk from the pier. They say to head to the tent at the pier first, but im not sure if you really need to do that. Check in was quick and easy. It was $95USD for the day and $100 refundable deposit. We were surprised that all of the carts were literally brand new. We went December 2019 aboard the Crown Princess.

The biggest tip that we can give is one that the company tells you in the confirmation email...download Maps.me (it is an app). I dont know how it works, but it does. You basically download the map of the ABC islands and it works just like a GPS, even without cell service. We were able to find landmarks and places to eat, just like you would on Google Maps. The paper map that they give you is pretty easy to follow as there is literally only one road out of town. The carts dont go all that fast, but its a nice leisurely stroll.

One more tip-The guard shack at the salt flats had a wooden box that had chunks of salt you can bring home for free. We didnt know this until we got back to the ship(we bought some in town).

Feel free to check out our video below to see what all we did in Bonaire! Its was our favorite island on the cruise, and now the Caribbean!

8 hours ago, jimmymed3 said:

Hey everyone, Just wanted to give a quick review of our experience renting a golf cart from Bonaire Cruisers. We had such a great time! The rental place is about a 6-7 minute walk from the pier. They say to head to the tent at the pier first, but im not sure if you really need to do that. Check in was quick and easy. It was $95USD for the day and $100 refundable deposit. We were surprised that all of the carts were literally brand new. We went December 2019 aboard the Crown Princess.

The biggest tip that we can give is one that the company tells you in the confirmation email...download Maps.me (it is an app). I dont know how it works, but it does. You basically download the map of the ABC islands and it works just like a GPS, even without cell service. We were able to find landmarks and places to eat, just like you would on Google Maps. The paper map that they give you is pretty easy to follow as there is literally only one road out of town. The carts dont go all that fast, but its a nice leisurely stroll.

One more tip-The guard shack at the salt flats had a wooden box that had chunks of salt you can bring home for free. We didnt know this until we got back to the ship(we bought some in town).

Feel free to check out our video below to see what all we did in Bonaire! Its was our favorite island on the cruise, and now the Caribbean!

GREAT VIDEO!

We did this back in November and loved it as well.  Had the opportunity to capture some of the most beautiful pictures of any trip we've taken.  It was hot, though...and it was November.  Plenty of sun too so take your sun screen.

This remind me so much of Grand Turk, where we got a cart.  I will definitely check into it for Bonaire!  Thanks for the great video and tips!

Posted (edited)

They are so much fun 😊

Edited by janetz

Thanks for sharing info.  Looks like fun and will definitely look into doing that in August.

Question for you.  How far were you able to go?  Did you have to refill the gas at all?

This is what we are planning for July.  Glad to see you enjoyed it.

I’ve rented the carts in the past and will be again in April. You can go where you want, at your own pace. Bonaire Cruisers is the best!