No longer need OceanReady & OceanView apps?

Rick&Jeannie

Hello @Tedferg. Thanks for your post.  

The OceanMedallion is provided to all guests at no charge and is designed to help maximize vacations. Some guests use the Medallion solely as a means to expedite the arrival process, get more efficiently on and off the ship, effortlessly access their stateroom, and more conveniently make purchases around the ship.

Others opt to engage a bit more and use the MedallionClass digital experiences to view and plan  on board activities; find shipmates around the ship; order food, drink, and amenities that find them anywhere on board; try location-based adventures; and more. 

But however a guest would like to engage, at no time is the Princess MedallionClass Experience limited to a smart device. 

While digital experiences are easily accessed on smart phones and tablets, they also can be accessed on digital portals found throughout the ship and on stateroom TVs. 

Ultimately the choice is up to each guest. Those who want to lock their devices away in their stateroom safe and completely unplug on vacation are completely welcome to do so and still enjoy the full MedallionClass Experience.

Guests who prefer to keep their smart device handy can also enjoy the entire range of experiences.   

We enjoy reading about the many ways members of the Cruise Critic Community are exploring and enjoying a Princess MedallionClass vacation and appreciate all who share their insights.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thank yo for the clarification AskOceanMedallion. I still might download the App, why not, just that mosty of what I read refers to problems. Now that it is a single App it is no doubt simpler. Thanks again.

By your own words you are a techie type person...you will have a blast with the Medallion and it's associated software.

Without being too specific I will comment that many of the complainers are not 'techie' types.

Princess has their own techies available if you do have trouble, but for the most part the system works well.  IMO, I found a couple of bugs that the onboard tecchies knew about but could not address....their comment was that it would be improved in an update.  Whatever I found was not a deal breaker and it was easy for me (72 yrs old) to either ignore it or work around it.