Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)

LittleFish1976

11 hours ago, Canuker said:

Might that be because you are not a "British national" (just guessing here).

I'm Welsh, which means my ancestors have been in Britain since pre Roman times. As British as you come, British Passport.  No its just call center staff not fully informed .

9 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

We are insisting on the 100% refund not FCC

Firstly  because of British over 70 policy.

Secondly they have cancelled cruise on us

The other factor, which will be more important to some than others, is that I imagine (correct me if I am wrong) that once you have taken the FCC you can no longer convert it back to £$?

55 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

We are insisting on the 100% refund not FCC

Firstly  because of British over 70 policy.

Secondly they have cancelled cruise on us

If they cancel or name the government cancels it for them with cruise or travel ban they have to give a full refund. Also you with FCC I shall say it once again and be shouted down cunard may not survive all this so the FCC may not be usable on another carnival brand.

10 hours ago, edavide said:

Look folks... some of us are stuck on the wrong side of the pond NOW... and Cunard are real busy finding flights to get us home.... .some time to go before April sailings are quite as relevant.!!

Have you got your flights yet? We’re flying out tomorrow, Monday, with American Airlines, booked through British Airways. The flight was wide open yesterday morning, now there only a few spaces left. Just can’t wait to be back in Blighty.

We're booked on July Fjords cruise and prepared for it to be cancelled, or through us following UK 70+ advice (whatever that may be). We're quite happy for our booking to be transferred to the same cruise in 2021, but only if we get the very generous onboard credit ($1000+) we were offered when we originally booked the cruise. What chances of that happening? Wouldn't Cunard want bookings whatever?

2 hours ago, hypercafe said:

Money is important to all of us but just think of the problems the people have who just got dumped of the QM very far from home. Cunard is trying to get them home.

We have been DUMPED in Capetown,  not as far as Fremantle,   we have been left to buy our own tickets to get home. 

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY 

We are booked up with other holidays  through till time you can use FCC.

Thirdly there is a risk in taking FCC, Carnival may not survive, most probably will but a gamble. Getting credit card company to pay up in a year's time may prove interesting. 

30 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

We have been DUMPED in Capetown,  not as far as Fremantle,   we have been left to buy our own tickets to get home. 

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY 

Thirdly there is a risk in taking FCC, Carnival may not survive, most probably will but a gamble. Getting credit card company to pay up in a year's time may prove interesting. 

Shocking! So no chance to book flights whilst still on board?!

Good Luck!

Edited by turnip eater

Stranded passengers should have priority; also people with frailties.  I hope Cunard has resources to manage this well. 

My wish is for them to fold their tents and cancel remaining cruises through spring, at least, with full refunds.  Unfair to saddle people with FCCs at this point.  Obviously the financial people are holding on tightly to quickly diminishing profits but it's time to accept reality.  Better to plan for an eventual turnaround.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY 

58 minutes ago, turnip eater said:

Shocking! So no chance to book flights whilst still on board?!

Good Luck!

No we were not on board but came out early to spend time in South Africa,  this was a pleasant way home the same as many people use a transatlantic cruise

37 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Windsurfboy didn't get on board.

Oops, sorry must pay attention.......must be the heat in FL🥵

Just been to the beach, the RCL Adventure of the Seas is at anchor in the bay, Port Everglades is full with other cruise ships.

I just cancelled to full refund on a telephone call with Cunard Southampton office that lasted 39 minutes. They offered full refund on the over 70s basis. I didn't argue with them. And a refund in such circumstances will not be held against you.

16 hours ago, Canuker said:

Seems reasonable.
So the only persons to disembark in NYC would be US residents - and they would then go through health screening, no doubt.

CBC News reporting today that travellers arriving at US airports from abroad are waiting up to 6 hours to get from plane to street.
The virus screening areas are so slow to process that they are now clogged with people; they have become human petri dishes and are doing the exact opposite of what was intended.
If you or someone you know is flying into the US from abroad, I'd suggest taking a surgical mask and gloves with you, in carry-on baggage.
And some reading material. Imagine getting off a long-haul flight with little sleep, jet-lagged and having to deal with that.
It won't do much for the immune system.
Uncle Sam may need to think again.

2 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY 

Hylô.

While you're there, why not take some time and enjoy Cape Town, as you had originally intended?
And, by then, this ludicrous global travel panic may have abated.

Keep calm, think of the Brecon Beacons, and carry on.

Edited by Canuker

On 3/11/2020 at 2:36 PM, Eric79DAM said:

Nothing in Canada 

I have just cancelled for full refund on the over 70 age basis for our cruise April 25th. Cunard have still not yet decided if the cruise if to be cancelled yet despite the U.S travel ban  meaning it is cancelled by default surely?  Pathetic isn't it?

14 hours ago, rafinmd said:

As of 7:45AM local time remainder of the QM2 World Voyage is cancelled.  We were originally given until 11PM tonight to disembark but that has been extended to 8PM Monday.

QM2 will deadhead to Southampton with the exception of a very few passengers medically unable to fly.  That voyage will take about 25 days.  If only I could come up with a medical excuse.

Roy

Here is what appear to be a silly question. What about a person such as myself that has never flown in my 80 plus years of life and refuses to get on a plane. Do they truss me up and toss me on, where I could create a panic incident. do they put me up in the country they have now dumped me in on their dime . Interesting question, Probably no answer as there are very few of us but we do exist and that is why we cruise when we travel.

12 minutes ago, Lakesregion said:

Here is what appear to be a silly question. What about a person such as myself that has never flown in my 80 plus years of life and refuses to get on a plane. Do they truss me up and toss me on, where I could create a panic incident. do they put me up in the country they have now dumped me in on their dime . Interesting question, Probably no answer as there are very few of us but we do exist and that is why we cruise when we travel.

Not a silly question!  No answers, but some sympathy for your predicament.  Good luck -

12 minutes ago, alc13 said:

Not a silly question!  No answers, but some sympathy for your predicament.  Good luck -

Wait it out if you do not want to fly, perfectly reasonable alternative, should be plenty of short terms rentals available.

7 minutes ago, samiam1 said:

Wait it out if you do not want to fly, perfectly reasonable alternative, should be plenty of short terms rentals available.

Agree but financially I have bet the farm on the world cruise and have no further funds short of a social security check which covers expenses back home. Could not pay for any living anywhere else. Maybe foolish but who knew.

15 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

You would have to fly.

that would not be a plane you would care to be on with me. Pretty much a snowflake when it comes to riding in an aluminum can filled with others and landing it at 300 miles an hour on old tires.