Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)

LittleFish1976

58 minutes ago, Trevor33 said:

Perhaps you could pick up the Orient Express from London or Paris and travel  to Verona or further and catch a flight. It would give you a night on the train and take you closer to your destination. Excellent food and fun for all. 

Or take the train down to Munich and through the Alps to Innsbruck.

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but where do we stand with insurance on a new booking? We would like to cruise later on or next year (this year's cruise has been understandably cancelled) and there is a repeat itinerary October 2020 and October 2021 but we gather that there won't be any  cover for coronavirus on a new booking -its a huge risk. Suggestions?

Edited by Morgans

37 minutes ago, Morgans said:

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere but where do we stand with insurance on a new booking? We would like to cruise later on or next year (this year's cruise has been understandably cancelled) and there is a repeat itinerary October 2020 and October 2021 but we gather that there won't be any  cover for coronavirus on a new booking -its a huge risk. Suggestions?

Unless you are prepared for a big financial risk, the only suggestion is not to travel on a cruise while Coronavirus remains a credible threat.  Which will be an issue affecting the industry as a whole, and is why I doubt there'll be any more cruising in 2020.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morgans said:

My travel insurance has new terms. They will not Cover any cancellation on new booking due to Covid-19 but they will cover any medical costs should we fall ill from it. 

Edited by Bedruthen

Well... Managed to get through to a lovely chap today who was super helpful and have it all sorted now... 

Booked on 7th May back to back crossing next year, so very happy. Sadly, no cabins left where I was for this years back to back, so have gone to a different end of the ship on deck 5, but I don't mind the motion of the ocean, so should be fun! 

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

I would check with your insurance company, Liverpool Victoria is saying this -

IMG_20200414_115206.png

Thank you for this Hattie - yes we will check of course but were just wondering how other cruisers were feeling and being advised. We have had a full refund from this year's cancelled cruise plus 25% off a further one .....the fly in the ointment is the insurance.

4 minutes ago, T5LHR said:

Well... Managed to get through to a lovely chap today who was super helpful and have it all sorted now... 

Booked on 7th May back to back crossing next year, so very happy. Sadly, no cabins left where I was for this years back to back, so have gone to a different end of the ship on deck 5, but I don't mind the motion of the ocean, so should be fun! 

If happy with service, and you could be happy to work with him in the future, invite him to become your new PCS.  It's good to talk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If happy with service, and you could be happy to work with him in the future, invite him to become your new PCS.  It's good to talk.

Yes, I did discuss that with him, and did ask about the lady who was my PCS previously. He confirmed that she no longer worked for Cunard, although they were friends outside of work, so would pass on my best wishes for her new venture. 

I did ask about a new PCS, and himself being just that. However, he did advise me that it is no longer something that they do not offer any longer, and although he would be very happy to deal with me in the future, he can't become anyones "PCS" any longer. 

But, I have his name, his extension and he said please ask for me any time you need something. 

1 minute ago, T5LHR said:

Yes, I did discuss that with him, and did ask about the lady who was my PCS previously. He confirmed that she no longer worked for Cunard, although they were friends outside of work, so would pass on my best wishes for her new venture. 

I did ask about a new PCS, and himself being just that. However, he did advise me that it is no longer something that they do not offer any longer, and although he would be very happy to deal with me in the future, he can't become anyones "PCS" any longer. 

But, I have his name, his extension and he said please ask for me any time you need something. 

Sounds like a good plan......  Grab his direct Email then it becomes an excellent plan....

.... A PCS without the name of PCS....  Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more........

Just been to the Cunard site as we have the Iceland trip in July booked on QV which is no longer visible to book - could this be the answer?

Please note that our pause in operations currently includes all sailings up to and including 15 May 2020; we are experiencing a technical glitch today which means a number of our 2020 voyages are not showing and we are working hard to rectify this.

6 minutes ago, aljo66 said:

Just been to the Cunard site as we have the Iceland trip in July booked on QV which is no longer visible to book - could this be the answer?

Please note that our pause in operations currently includes all sailings up to and including 15 May 2020; we are experiencing a technical glitch today which means a number of our 2020 voyages are not showing and we are working hard to rectify this.

Could be identical to the VP and other software problems.  The wonderfull new system is fragile, and maybe the current additional server usage has caused part of it to collapse.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive

19 minutes ago, Morgans said:

Thank you for this Hattie - yes we will check of course but were just wondering how other cruisers were feeling and being advised. We have had a full refund from this year's cancelled cruise plus 25% off a further one .....the fly in the ointment is the insurance.

I can't tell you what to do, but I'm low risk and under 70 and still don't plan to go abroad at all on either a land-based holiday or cruise until travel insurers cover Covid-19; perhaps eventually they will stipulate that you must have had the vaccine when/if it transpires? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Morgans said:

This might be a naive and possibly a simplistic way of looking at things  but my take is if Covid 19 becomes a problem for future, i.e. next year's  sailings, and the FCO advise us against cruise travel,  then our insurance becomes void if we do and so we  can’t sail and so should get our fare refunded.

If no such advice is in place, we will sail.

3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

I would check with your insurance company, Liverpool Victoria is saying this -

IMG_20200414_115206.png

We have been able to transfer our insurance with that company for a cancelled cruise to a similar cruise later on without any difficulty. Of course the FCO may again advise against, in which case we shall have to repeat the process.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Could be identical to the VP and other software problems.  The wonderfull new system is fragile, and maybe the current additional server usage has caused part of it to collapse.

Could it be Cunard-ese for "We're busy following Carnival's lead and finally cancelling our impossible cruises"?

Interesting that the message about a "technical glitch" with the voyages through July 2020 not showing up has not yet appeared on the Cunard US website. It's on the UK and Australia sites, but not the US site yet. Consider me skeptical that this is just a technical glitch. Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but it is still possible to find the missing voyages by applying the "Sold out voyages" filter to the search. So if it's a glitch, it isn't that the voyages are missing, but that they are now all marked as "sold out". 

I've of a mind to think that this message is similar to the one on the voyage personaliser about no longer being able to cancel anything we've pre-ordered via the voyage personaliser for an automatic refund. That functionality hasn't worked for quite a while now despite the message that "we are fixing it as quickly as possible."

My take on that issue with the voyage personaliser is that they no longer intend to provide the functionality to automatically cancel anything ordered in the voyage personaliser for the time being. Instead they've replaced that functionality with a form to submit to have your pre-orders either converted to 110% OBC or else refunded within 60 days.

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

My take on that issue with the voyage personaliser is that they no longer intend to provide the functionality to automatically cancel anything ordered in the voyage personaliser for the time being. Instead they've replaced that functionality with a form to submit to have your pre-orders either converted to 110% OBC or else refunded within 60 days.

That's how it was on P&O but they've put it back now. When you're in "My Orders", make sure you click on the drop-down "Details" if you have an excursion booked and the cancel option then appears.

This I did on my Cunard VP a few weeks ago and got an instant refund. But I don't have any "My Orders" booked with Cunard now so can't check there.

21 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

That's how it was on P&O but they've put it back now. When you're in "My Orders", make sure you click on the drop-down "Details" if you have an excursion booked and the cancel option then appears.

This I did on my Cunard VP a few weeks ago and got an instant refund. But I don't have any "My Orders" booked with Cunard now so can't check there.

Thank you. My apologies. The option to cancel a shore excursion is back in the Cunard Voyage Personaliser now when I expand the "Details" of our order. I just wasn't looking hard enough for it. That's good to see.

And I see now that the wording of the message about canceling pre-orders in the Voyage Personaliser has been changed some time in the past few days. It now says the following.

"If you have placed more than one order, you may be unable to cancel some of your orders at this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this and we are fixing it as quickly as possible."

I now have more confidence that they may indeed be working to resolve such issues as quickly as possible under the circumstances.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

Well I just cancelled our shore excursions with P&O for August as we'll be cancelling the cruise later in the week. I got a confirmation email saying the following but when I clicked on "here" it didn't do anything. 🙂  I might not be going on another P&O cruise for all they know! And wanted an actual credit card refund.

Refunded for future use

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbitcarnival.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpno%2Fimg%2Fmail%2Fblank.gif&t=1586889451&ymreqid=6f4bea02-c2f3-e953-1c5e-67000001f900&sig=FAFK0toqg3TfBoVgj5MILA--~C

Your refund has been applied as 110% On board Credit. To request a cash refund instead please click here

40 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

Well I just cancelled our shore excursions with P&O for August as we'll be cancelling the cruise later in the week. I got a confirmation email saying the following but when I clicked on "here" it didn't do anything. 🙂  I might not be going on another P&O cruise for all they know! And wanted an actual credit card refund.

Refunded for future use

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbitcarnival.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpno%2Fimg%2Fmail%2Fblank.gif&t=1586889451&ymreqid=6f4bea02-c2f3-e953-1c5e-67000001f900&sig=FAFK0toqg3TfBoVgj5MILA--~C

Your refund has been applied as 110% On board Credit. To request a cash refund instead please click here

Ah, maybe that's the functionality they've been in the process of "fixing" on the Cunard Voyage Personaliser as well (to automatically apply 110% on board credit rather than issuing a refund). I haven't been brave enough to actually try and cancel the shore excursion we have booked for our June QM2 voyage yet. Maybe now I'll just let it cancel along with the voyage itself and achieve the same result.

15 hours ago, aljo66 said:

Not sure about this reply. My may 31st QV cruise has gone from my TA’s site as well.

That can't be the same glitch?

13 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Interesting that the message about a "technical glitch" with the voyages through July 2020 not showing up has not yet appeared on the Cunard US website. It's on the UK and Australia sites, but not the US site yet. Consider me skeptical that this is just a technical glitch. Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but it is still possible to find the missing voyages by applying the "Sold out voyages" filter to the search. So if it's a glitch, it isn't that the voyages are missing, but that they are now all marked as "sold out". 

I've of a mind to think that this message is similar to the one on the voyage personaliser about no longer being able to cancel anything we've pre-ordered via the voyage personaliser for an automatic refund. That functionality hasn't worked for quite a while now despite the message that "we are fixing it as quickly as possible."

Just checked the UK site and all the cruises for May, June and July are all now visible again - interestingly the prices have gone up slightly to before the glitch for our Iceland cruise.

6 hours ago, aljo66 said:

Just checked the UK site and all the cruises for May, June and July are all now visible again - interestingly the prices have gone up slightly to before the glitch for our Iceland cruise.

The cruises for May, June, and July are back on the Cunard US site this morning as well. The prices for sheltered balcony cabins appear to be identical on our June QM2 voyage and all the same sheltered balcony cabins appear to be available on that voyage as they were before it was taken out of inventory on Saturday. So I suppose we can chalk it up to some kind of glitch (or perhaps someone jumping the gun) that caused those voyages to be taken out of inventory for several days.