Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)

LittleFish1976

If you book an Alaska cruise in June it will be cancelled but you can complete the booking form and physically book. The Canadian ports are closed so cruise will be cancelled. When cancelled Cunard will offer you a Future Cruise Credit(125%) or a cash refund but you will not receive the refund for up to 6 months. Seems wrong but you can still actually book

I don't have a crystal ball but I don't think we will see cruise ships in NYC until at least the fall. The governor just extended the lockdown to at least May 15. All pools and beaches will be closed this summer. They will reopen slowly with just places that can do social distance first. We are booked on the QM June 29 trip which will not happen Cunard should cancel it so I can get a refund.

Not a sign of my refund for cancelled 1st April QE cruise .... Do Cunard think we are just going to forget about our cash??

FRankly I expect to become an unsecured creditor quite soon now.....

How about you??

PS Mr Palethorpe can I have my cash back please

Regards

John 

Edited by VK3DQ

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

I doubt The Carnival corp goes bankrupt. The question is will they be responsible for money owed by Cunard. I will take that risk with my deposit. Had I paid in full, I would want the money. 

Cunard is a brand of Carnival, not a separate company. As to whether or not Carnival will continue in business is pretty much any body's guess. 

Our booking is for August in Alaska... it has certainly been an “interesting” process and waiting game with all of this since the pandemic... 

We have been basically been waiting to see what Cunard is going to announce.

Like many of us on this forum, my husband and I already truly love the Cunard brand... because we know how special it is on board we have been more resigned to trying to be patient. I feel bad for the people who have not had the chance to experience how wonderful Cunard is... and that this crazy and unprecedented time is their impression of the brand.

As our 60 days to pay off the remainder approaches, we will have to make some decisions even if announcements are not made from Cunard.

BUT

If our voyage does not happen, I can promise you we will want to continue with Cunard. It is our favorite, by far.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

Not a sign of my refund for cancelled 1st April QE cruise .... Do Cunard think we are just going to forget about our cash??

FRankly I expect to become an unsecured creditor quite soon now.....

How about you??

PS Mr Palethorpe can I have my cash back please

Regards

John 

No sign of mine either for 15th March cancellation!

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Hi resordanis. We were booked on the same cruise. I'll save you the saga so far, and you have a TA, but still.... if you haven't done so yet there's a cruise cancellation/refund form online that we were told to fill out (even though the dates listed don't cover our cruise), a prepaid shore excursion refund form that we were told to complete even though we'd already been advised that refund was coming, and we went ahead and sent all copies of receipts etc for interstate travel to the UK guest relations email (as there seems to be some doubt about whether the Australian email address accepts refund requests) and now they're faffing on about insurance.  A distinct lack of clear and targeted communication so far. And the two people who have sent any sort of email reply have both managed to get my name or my husband's name wrong. I'm really not feeling the love!

2 hours ago, resordanis said:

No sign of mine either for 16th March cruise plus TA said it will take them another 12weeks to refund me once they get the money from Cunard!

1 hour ago, Crafty_Yearnings said:

Hi resordanis. We were booked on the same cruise. I'll save you the saga so far, and you have a TA, but still.... if you haven't done so yet there's a cruise cancellation/refund form online that we were told to fill out (even though the dates listed don't cover our cruise), a prepaid shore excursion refund form that we were told to complete even though we'd already been advised that refund was coming, and we went ahead and sent all copies of receipts etc for interstate travel to the UK guest relations email (as there seems to be some doubt about whether the Australian email address accepts refund requests) and now they're faffing on about insurance.  A distinct lack of clear and targeted communication so far. And the two people who have sent any sort of email reply have both managed to get my name or my husband's name wrong. I'm really not feeling the love!

Thanks for the information. Yes, we did fill in the cancellation form and also have given all our details to our TA. No news since. We have not been asked re our pre cruise arrangements and travel home! Nobody cares about that information.

We also had been told it could be 10 weeks.Just have to wait and see, but we won’t be going away or forgetting. At the moment have nothing else to do!

To get them to pay my airfares I  needed a email from my insurance company that said it was the cruise lines responsibility to get me home from South Africa to UK not theirs.

Guest relations then accepted my claim but said could be 60 days before I got the money

Don't waste you time watching it. Nothing of any relevance except the crew are doing Zumba classes.

No information on when we get our refunds or a realistic date when sailings will start.

Just Cunard are wonderful, and hey book another cruise with us so we can cancel it  next week and hang onto you cash for 60 days.

13 hours ago, naturelovergirl said:

Our booking is for August in Alaska... it has certainly been an “interesting” process and waiting game with all of this since the pandemic... 

We have been basically been waiting to see what Cunard is going to announce.

Like many of us on this forum, my husband and I already truly love the Cunard brand... because we know how special it is on board we have been more resigned to trying to be patient. I feel bad for the people who have not had the chance to experience how wonderful Cunard is... and that this crazy and unprecedented time is their impression of the brand.

As our 60 days to pay off the remainder approaches, we will have to make some decisions even if announcements are not made from Cunard.

BUT

If our voyage does not happen, I can promise you we will want to continue with Cunard. It is our favorite, by far.

Naturelovergirl:

If your August Alaska cruise is cancelled, I'm sure our September 8-28 QE sailing (Vancouver to Yokohama) will be, too. There's no way Cunard would do our repositioning cruise unless there's an Alaska season  preceding it. If so, we'll be disappointed. We greatly enjoyed our first Cunard cruise last summer on the QM2---21 days round-trip from New York by way of Southampton, Liverpool, Reykjavik, and Atlantic Canada)---and were (and still are) eager to see how the QE compares. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Jim

• Like 1

I am finding it hard to understand why Simon Palethorpe wants to tell me how his staff are yet he wants to keep us all dangling knowing Cunard are not going to be cruising from 16th May. Whilst we all hope his staff are fine perhaps someone could let him know that his customers are not fools. I wonder if he thinks we will all book as soon as he clicks his fingers?

Hi,

I am booked on the Queen Elizabeth's Pacific coastal cruise from San Francisco to Vancouver that is scheduled to depart on May 30, 2020. This cruise obviously is not going to take place, but Cunard still has not cancelled it. I would like to go ahead and at least submit my refund request.

I submitted a refund request for my Queen Victoria cruise that was scheduled to depart from Southampton on April 26, 2020. However, I have not heard anything back (not even a confirmation or acknowledgement of my request). 

Chuck

4 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi,

I am booked on the Queen Elizabeth's Pacific coastal cruise from San Francisco to Vancouver that is scheduled to depart on May 30, 2020. This cruise obviously is not going to take place, but Cunard still has not cancelled it. I would like to go ahead and at least submit my refund request.

I submitted a refund request for my Queen Victoria cruise that was scheduled to depart from Southampton on April 26, 2020. However, I have not heard anything back (not even a confirmation or acknowledgement of my request). 

Chuck

I'm on the same cruise. How can it sail in 6 weeks time from San Francisco to Vancouver right?  It's so dishonest. Just stalling and playing games with our money. Corporations are always the winners...sigh

17 hours ago, jland said:

No sign of mine either for 16th March cruise plus TA said it will take them another 12weeks to refund me once they get the money from Cunard!

So you’re giving your TA a 3 month interest free loan? How big is the company?

6 minutes ago, juicyjuju said:

I'm on the same cruise. How can it sail in 6 weeks time from San Francisco to Vancouver right?  It's so dishonest. Just stalling and playing games with our money. Corporations are always the winners...sigh

We're on the return quickie, SFO-YVR on 5 July. Also waiting on cancellation.

4 hours ago, DaveB42 said:

So you’re giving your TA a 3 month interest free loan? How big is the company?

One of the larger ones in Australia. When I queried why so long to refund the excuse was they were very busy. Funny they were not to busy to take my money, did it in a flash.

Just a quick question regarding refunds: If someone boarded the ship in Sydney (heading to Southampton) and the cruise ended in Perth, do they deserve a full refund on their cruise or a pro-rata one based on the number of days onboard before the cruise was ultimately cancelled?

3 hours ago, astera said:

Just a quick question regarding refunds: If someone boarded the ship in Sydney (heading to Southampton) and the cruise ended in Perth, do they deserve a full refund on their cruise or a pro-rata one based on the number of days onboard before the cruise was ultimately cancelled?

I'd say the entitlement should be pro-rata, plus costs, plus something extra by way of compensation